Play-able characters

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No the coding is more difficult because we handle the player characters differently than standard HL.

Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I might be saying something stupid here, but wasn't it easier with the new character system and the way it handles models and model-replacements? Or am I confusing something?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's more capable, not necessarily easier.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might be saying something stupid here, but wasn't it easier with the new character system and the way it handles models and model-replacements? Or am I confusing something?
Its easier for us, but not for AMXX coders.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
AMXX coders will have there hands full on it. If it is even possible..
To be honnest if it was my call then amxx coding shouldnt be possible if it is.
My opion is dont ruin a good upcomming mod.

Or maybe a view reserve slots for if people want to add theyre own stuff to it.
But then again there should be some stock attacks incase of trying to overpower characters.
And then with the stock attacks speed, damage and maybe some other stuff is allready decided and the only thing you have to do is to decide what kind of FX you want to use and sounds.

Best answers
There are enough characters... I would be glad about the release, even if it has only 5 characters. lol

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
There are enough characters... I would be glad about the release, even if it has only 5 characters. lol
I can play with 5 characters, but I'd like that Ultimate Gohan and the fusions were there.

Best answers
I'd also like to have Naruto in his Kyuubi mode and Sasuke in his Susanoo mode, and all the other characters of Naruto in NNK.
Be happy about the mod which is about to finish. ^.^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'd also like to have Naruto in his Kyuubi mode and Sasuke in his Susanoo mode, and all the other characters of Naruto in NNK.
Be happy about the mod which is about to finish. ^.^
... This is Dragon Ball...

You mean there should be a ESF vs. NNK (like Capcom vs. Marvel) or something.

Best answers
Lol I am just comparing to show u that it's not important to have 100 characters. Y U NO understand?
Would be interesting. ;)

Best answers
There are no higher forms, this is based off of canon manga/Z.. why would you need fusion and how would it be done? Please, lets leave out the 'npc character pops out of no where for you to fuse with'. How do you do a fusion where one of the players doesn't get the short end of the stick?
Fusions has been done before both Potara and then dance fusion, it was done by making two human players join as a single fighter where they could swap who controls the character.
Potara fusion you had two wish for the earrings and only goku and vegeta could use them, with the dance fusion both players must put in a sequence sort of like the combo system for melee and if done successful they would become Gogeta, it was actually pretty good for people who actually liked to play the game as a team.

Last edited:
Best answers
People don't like fusions, enough transformations? You're either phony DBZ fans or just plain stupid.
Not everyone cares for fusions, each fan of DBZ has their own personal preferences. All things considered though, if you think of how many forms there are between each considerable playable character, and I am talking of characters like Goku, Vegeta, Gohan (which could include chibi, teen, and adult), Piccolo, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chouzu (Not sure if I spelled right, sorry, kinda tired). Anyways, point being, if you take just Goku and Vegeta alone, Goku has a few technical forms (that is if you consider Kaioken a form above a base level), you have Goku, Kaioken Goku, SSJ Goku, SSJ2 Goku, and SSJ3 Goku, that's not even including the USSJ Goku from in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Gohan. Then there is Vegeta, which can be Vegeta, SSJ Vegeta, USSJ Vegeta (when he faces Cell form 2), Majin Vegeta, SSJ Majin Vegeta, SSJ2 Majin Vegeta, and even then on top of that is SSJ2 Vegeta. On a Dev Team level, if you add in fusion and how to implementing it becomes a daunting task for the entire team. Goku alone is 5 forms (again, if you include Kaioken as a technical non-base form), and 7 possible forms for Vegeta. Each of those forms have to have animations, attacks, coding, models, and so on. Fusions would only further to delay the release of ESF I would personally think. Not to say though it wouldn't be neat, or an interesting idea, just would be a very prolonged task especially with balancing said characters in the game with everything else.

Just giving my 2cents I suppose, please disregard my post if you so choose ^_^

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Fusions has been done before both Potara and then dance fusion, it was done by making two human players join as a single fighter where they could swap who controls the character.
Potara fusion you had two wish for the earrings and only goku and vegeta could use them, with the dance fusion both players must put in a sequence sort of like the combo system for melee and if done successful they would become Gogeta, it was actually pretty good for people who actually liked to play the game as a team.
No. Fusions have been done before in ECX, not ESF. And like you just said, they took control away form one of the players. As Grega said, not fusions in ESF.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If Veku is to be made playable, I demand all tournaments should feature him as the only selectable character.

Best answers
[video=youtube;_vLMCb9-E-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vLMCb9-E-c[/video]

[video=youtube;OtLfQGeBPSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtLfQGeBPSg[/video]

Veku vs. Janemba for just such the occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom