Pimp the joe, PIMP him.

Best answers
That is a giant step in one update, probably call for countless hours of testing and work.
Great job joe, keep up the good work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, 1.3 is going to be awesome. Not only do we get new transformations (which means I get to use the Majin Vegeta Model \o/), we get the new powerstruggling system and this nifty feature joe is working on. WOOT for the ESF team.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
If you send them your transformation script file and the custom sounds/sprites/models you precached, yes, they'll beable to see your unique transformations.
but he won't see his own unique transformation if he transforms because he has your script, right?. Maybe you can make it like this: if the other person has the needed models/sounds/sprites for your transformation and if you transform, he sees your transformation. If he transforms himself, he'll see HIS own transformation. But if he doesn't have the files, he'll see his transformation if you transform. (sorry for the bad english :p )

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Canon's Food said:
but he won't see his own unique transformation if he transforms because he has your script, right?. Maybe you can make it like this: if the other person has the needed models/sounds/sprites for your transformation and if you transform, he sees your transformation. If he transforms himself, he'll see HIS own transformation. But if he doesn't have the files, he'll see his transformation if you transform. (sorry for the bad english :p )
Um... No?
They're not used like that. You have a script file that describes the transformation effects (100% clientside). If you receive a transformation script file and he doesnt send you the custom models/sprites (assuming he uses any), it will
a) Crash
b) Display nothing for the sprites you dont have
That shouldn't be happening though, that's like sending someone a map without the textures.

Best answers
You guys never cease to amaze me. It's remarkable what you can pull off with such an old engine.

Heh, I'm gonna have lots of fun with this feature when 1.3 is released :D

Best answers
/me confused ...
I know u can customize ur own trans...anything else i dunno...lol..anybody explain it in english instead of c++

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
pcjoe did it in english AND gave an example of the code you need to know.
it's not that hard :S

you'll see when it's released ;)

Best answers
A quick question. Will 1.3 include... presets so to speak? For the people that don't feel like messing with scripts and just want to play (not to say it's hard).
Also, the idea is great, but I can't say I see the point unless you actually see your opponants transformations, obviously a feature that automaticly gave your transformations to other people would lead to serious problems if there is code in it to execute an exit command or something. And if the time of the trans is set in the script, how will anyone else's client know how long the transformation will be (unless I misread and the time is not adjustable)?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The time will most likely not be adjustable. If a client has a transformation configured to last say 10 seconds, and the server host has his for 9, it wouldnt work out.
Its going to work like models do. If you have a transformation customized, youll see it, and the other people will see what they have set for the transformations. Unless they send you their script file, you wont see theirs.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
You start transforming, the camera teleports across the level, and all you can see is the huge rock between you and the ring.
I'm assuming you are adding clipping for the camera, in case someone transforms near a level surface. (using tracelines or w/e, you can shoot out a zillion of them because it's client side :p)

Sounds like a cool feature to me. Good job, Joe.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
I'm assuming you are adding clipping for the camera, in case someone transforms near a level surface. (using tracelines or w/e, you can shoot out a zillion of them because it's client side :p)
Ofcourse :) Hmm, guess your character will still be visible, but it would still be kinda akward.
Kurt said:
Sounds like a cool feature to me. Good job, Joe.
thanks ^_^

Best answers
thing im most hyped about is 'All transformations' =D

that and new prettyful auras and such

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom