Pimp the joe, PIMP him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shuyin said:
Sounds good to me. I also like the fact you become immune for your first time assending. So you can experience uninterupted ascension whenever you reach a new form, which is a good compromisation between those who want transformation immunity and those who don't.
i still dont like the idea of being able to avoid any attack just cause u transformed for the first time

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
i still dont like the idea of being able to avoid any attack just cause u transformed for the first time
It's not really a big deal. If it becomes an issue, we could leave the player open to attack for the first 0.5 - 1.0 second(s), and then enable invulnerability for the rest.

KilledWithStyle said:
I like it. Is there a way I could make the transform as LONG as I want?
-Also-
Was this an attempt to appease those that have made mods like evm?
1) Like I said before, I would prefer to have that hard-coded. If you're the admin and you set the first transformation to 15 seconds when it's only 10, all of the clients that join your server will be sitting there for an extra 5 seconds without effects. I should have probably mentioned this earlier, but these effects are 100% clientside. If you change your transformation fx script file, it wont effect what others see.
2) Not at all, I made this for Darktooth. He likes having control and going nuts with it ^_^

Krazy-Killa said:
Oh, you can control the sprites and how they're shown correct? If so, will you be able to use the lightning sprites currently used for Goku's Transformation
Not sure if I'll offer that much control. You'll beable to select gokus lightning particle FX, control how fast they come out / fade / etc, but you wont beable to take other particle systems and make them start emitting lightning bolts.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Himm so, because of the length of the allowed transformation. We can auctally make transformations 100% exactly like the show (exept the showing water and enemy cringing scenes)

I wonder if its possible to make a diffrent transformation script for each character. Then inside the character script, figure out what map it is, and move the camera angles around based on the current map.

Kinda like: (c++ is rusty, but I think its like this) (of course, this is inside the if statement for the amount of time taken)
case map: esf_canyon
{ do effects stuff }
case map: ape_city
{ do effects for this map }
default:
{ default transformation script }

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Himm so, because of the length of the allowed transformation. We can auctally make transformations 100% exactly like the show (exept the showing water and enemy cringing scenes)

I wonder if its possible to make a diffrent transformation script for each character. Then inside the character script, figure out what map it is, and move the camera angles around based on the current map.

Kinda like: (c++ is rusty, but I think its like this) (of course, this is inside the if statement for the amount of time taken)
case map: esf_canyon
{ do effects stuff }
case map: ape_city
{ do effects for this map }
default:
{ default transformation script }
I dont know how useful that would be... It's not like you can set the camera at random spots around the level. The camera will be relitive to the player, meaning {0,0,0} = player origin.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then why dont you make it so the camera can be detached for the first transformation and teleported/moved as pleased.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Then why dont you make it so the camera can be detached for the first transformation and teleported/moved as pleased.
That's assuming you're at X location in the level. Lets say you're on esf_cell_day. The 'ideal' location to transform is in the center of the ring. What if you're on the other side of the level? You start transforming, the camera teleports across the level, and all you can see is the huge rock between you and the ring.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow man, i can't wait for 1.3.

Coding your own transformations, and it looks simple to! :D

Great job Pcjoe! :yes:

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Reminds of editing BFP ;o

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds great man!
cant wait to see more progress from you guys =D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMGAWD :eek: GJ PC gimme ur PC and everything will be A.OK :D LOOKS LIKE 1.3 SHALL BE TEH SEXEH :eek:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys won't really have to learn how to code, it's really quite simple... There are acouple simple rules
1) You have C and C++ style comments. As in
Code:
/* THIS
WILL BE IGNORED by
the program
*/
This will not be ignored
// This will be ignored until i press enter
this will not be ignored again
The code will processes the script and just get
Code:
This will not be ignored
this will not be ignored again
2) Extra spaces and pressing enter is irrelevent. On almost every line ; means 'new line'. There are some exceptions like you dont put it after [precache], Translonger/shorterthan(), etc. For example
Code:
[precache] 
{
	models/aura.wrl; 
	models/diamond.wrl; 
	models/explosion.wrl;
	sprites/dust1.spr; 
	sprites/dust2.spr; 
}
and
Code:
[precache]{models/aura.wrl;models/diamond.wrl;models/explosion.wrl;sprites/dust1.spr;sprites/dust2.spr;}
mean the same exact thing.
3) The rest is all pretty strait forward...
Code:
>goku_ssj1< // Inverse the < signs, html cuts them out (like it did in my dev)
{
       // At 0.9 seconds, play the sound goku/blast.wav
       AddSound(0.9,goku/blast.wav); 

// If the transformation is longer then 5 seconds, add an aura
       Translongerthan(5)
       {
              /* Make the aura pop up at 0 seconds, make it go bye bye
              * at the end of the transformation. the keyword 'durration' will
              * replace its self with the total length of the transformation. The
              * 3rd parameter, 15, means spawn the aura so it's 15 units big. the
              * last param just says use aura.wrl. The modifier is used to 
              * configure extra options, like rotation, placement, rendering style,
              * etc
              */

modifier gokuaura = AddModel(0, durration, 15, aura.wrl);
              gokuaura.dispmode = transparent; // Render a transparent aura
              gokuaura.roty = -30; // Rotate -30 degrees per second
              // etc etc
       }
}

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said he was going to create a help file that includes everything that you can do.

Question, can others see the person's unique transformations that they make? (if they have all the models and sprites required)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Absolutely astounding. Joe, if you were a woman, I would make sweet love to you. :rolleyes:

And I'm jealous that your huge brain always comes up with this stuff...jerk :p

Best answers
well im kinda back after getting ban :____
(pm if u wanna know i think even i know =\)
anyway the reason im only now back is i got learning c++ in school thank god pc joe just gave me a reason to keep listening was giving cuz my crazy passion for esf!
GJ!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wonder now it will make allot of new sections.... ilke "new TransForms"
in Esfworld and others dont wanna advertise :D
anyway looks cool i can even understand a bit and just want to see its amazing very nice job to all the team joe especialy
jking :)

btw what was that on the main page TESTING 1.2.2 i didnt heard anything about it :_ can someone make enlighten me a bit?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
He said he was going to create a help file that includes everything that you can do.

Question, can others see the person's unique transformations that they make? (if they have all the models and sprites required)
If you send them your transformation script file and the custom sounds/sprites/models you precached, yes, they'll beable to see your unique transformations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom