Pick your Form and Ginyu's Body Change

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) From what I hear after having a talk with Phobes, the powerlevel change option was abused a little too much. Removing that option is a good idea, however, attaining higher forms seems harder with how frequent the server crashes, especially with the new Ginyu "afterimage" abuse.

I propose, for the beta only, players can choose the form they want to test when they pick their character. That way they can test that form's abilities and speed, but not need to fight forever just to get the PL high enough to transform and then have the server crash on them right after. The PL to transform would stay the same for that form, so if you became SSJ2Goku, you'd still need the required PL to transform into SSJ3.

2) As for Ginyu's glitching, its becoming a frequent problem with childlike behavior and "lolz I'ma crash the server for fun lolol" problems. Phobius and I tried to come up with a temporary solution, but came up negative. The best thing to do would be to take it out and release a quick patch update to have it removed. That way we can test everything else without having some jerkoff come in and Ginyu-bomb the server. The suits here at ESF can then work on that issue themselves since they're far more mature and responsible. Mostly.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Turn sv_cheats on. Shaazam. Powerlevel is back.

2) Lock the server and give out the password to people you trust. Couldn't hurt to release a "quick patch" to remove that feature, although I thought there was a cvar to remove it, but it would simply be easier to remove the offenders.

Best answers
yea remove the bodychange attack for now.. and put it back in when its finished...having those annoying people spamming the whole server with it is just anoying.. especially when the attack doesn't even do anything.. so everytime some1 uses it, its probely ment to crash the server.. since that afterimage doesn't do anything els then crashing the server...

ow yea and i like the idea of choosing ur form, but only if theirs a cvar or something to turn it on and off

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get it how did you use that after image thing to make that bug I really don't get it I don't have it

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get it how did you use that after image thing to make that bug I really don't get it I don't have it
Its an attack Ginyu has.

yea remove the bodychange attack for now.. and put it back in when its finished...having those annoying people spamming the whole server with it is just anoying.. especially when the attack doesn't even do anything.. so everytime some1 uses it, its probely ment to crash the server.. since that afterimage doesn't do anything els then crashing the server...

ow yea and i like the idea of choosing ur form, but only if theirs a cvar or something to turn it on and off

Sorry if the open beta isn't meant for competitive playing. Testing however can be done in locked servers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry if the open beta isn't meant for competitive playing. Testing however can be done in locked servers.
Exactly. Patching every little thing that crops up from beta status because it interferes with your playing isn't going to help the mod get through testing. It's more important to finish the attack then make a patch, test the patch, and release the patch, just to fix a "bug" that would be fixed anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom