Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon

Best answers
Originally posted by SolidSnake
You meant for it to be that way!? You see, I've been watching this show. You might have heard of it; goes by the name DragonBall Z. And in that show Piccolo's 'Special BEAM Cannon' is a BEAM type KI attack (as the name says). So why would the 'Special BEAM Cannon' be the 'Special Projectile Cannon'?
hey guy, u know that funimation didnt really translated dbz? they only put words for those attacks they cant speak out. makankosappo doesnt mean special beam cannon, it means hell spiral. funimation did choose sbc because they wanted to attract younger ppl that would be pissed of if this attack would be called makankosappo.

+ esf is not dbz. it is based on dbz. if it would be like u said piccolo would be unbalanced.

Best answers
i think the sbc is a little big tho and if you do beam vs beam with piccolo then piccolo already won because he can shoot a sbc and then the other guy is still pressing like hell to win the beam vs beam but piccolo isn't there anymore and he can shoot another one to him.

i think that's not good guys maybe you should change it.

Best answers
Oh well you could always evade his beam cannon and then shoot you KHH. Just a thought though, it's what i usually do.

Best answers
This quote is from"The Japanese Dictionary of Manga" (http://www.hikyaku.com)

Makankosappo

alternative words: Makankousappou, Makanko Sappo

keywords: diverse , dragon ball

related topics: Dragon Ball

explanation: Combat technique used by Piccolo in Dragon Ball. It consists to send a destructive lightning to his enemies in the same manner as Kamehameha of Son Goku.
That's swell pal. I was quite aware of that but either way, Japanese or English, the Special Beam Cannon should be treated as a BEAM.

And what are you babbling about!? Bid For Power is based off of DBZ. ESF (as it stands now) is very much DBZ no matter what the team says. Till ESF gets rid of the DBZ characters and start making up different attacks THEN it will be based on DBZ but till then, it IS DBZ. But either way it should be mended.

As for Piccolo being unbalanced, I'd say he is unbalanced now. If this problem was fixed then he would be balanced.

Best answers
Hey solidsnake,remember me?You were on my server the night of the release,i put a special beam cannon on you and you tried to block it,then i just shot you with a generic beam and it ended the power struggle..pwned:p,lol,that was great.

Best answers
Got the wrong guy I'm afraid. I've stopped playing games online two years ago because I lack a broadband connection and I was pissed about getting killed and not knowing what the hell killed me :cry: . I need bots.... :S

Best answers
Hey Snake, why don't you calm down. This game wasnt meant to be 100 percent like dbz. The game and the show are two different things. There must be things done to the game to make it more fair. If you couldnt move when firing it, then the beam would be able to be moved around like the other beams. And in the show piccolo could only shoot it in a straight line.

And why are you letting such a little detail like that bug you. Does it give u nightmares? Stop bothering the team with such a little thing, when their are bigger bugs to fix. They spend all this time to make this game, and you practically demand for it to be changed. If your bothered so much, fire the sbc and stand still.

Best answers
:\ Oh God I hate when people say "you can't judge it cause it's free" It's a bug; I'm pointing it out. Got it?
Uh its not a bug, and it takes more skill to aim it right at someone with out moving it so shut up about it already. If you dont wanna deal with someone shooting it at you and being able to move then melee them or move instead of blocking it or pick a beam and shoot it at piccolo/cell a different direction then bring it like behind them or to the side so that it dont form a ps with their beam cannon(learn strategies and manuevers....) . If it was a bug I think we would know it from testing the game every fricken day. Plus if all the characters shot all thier attacks the same way then the only reason to picking different characters woud be for looks not skill wise.;/

Best answers
You people have wild imaginations that like to assume too many things.

There must be things done to the game to make it more fair. If you couldnt move when firing it, then the beam would be able to be moved around like the other beams. And in the show piccolo could only shoot it in a straight line.
You make no sense. You say "There must be things done to the game to make it more fair." and "The game and the show are two different things." but then you argue "And in the show piccolo could only shoot it in a straight line." Hell, WHY NOT let him move the damn beam instead and not be able to move while it’s in motion instead of the other way around!? Boy, isn't that a thought. Oh wait better yet, why not let him explode the beam if he misses.

And why are you letting such a little detail like that bug you. Does it give u nightmares? Stop bothering the team with such a little thing, when their are bigger bugs to fix. They spend all this time to make this game, and you practically demand for it to be changed. If your bothered so much, fire the sbc and stand still.
Ridiculous. Sure they have bigger bugs to fix but the little ones can be fixed in seconds, not to mention a bugs a bug. If they don't know what's up they can't fix it. Don't try to put the guilt trip on me either. Yes they made this game. Great. Now I'm here to give suggestions to make it better. And yes, it bothers me. I get bothered when I enter a powerstrugle with the damn thing and get my ass kicked because he's free to move and I have to sit there while he pummels me. Yeah, I'm bothered. It's not only because it looks bad, there are many reasons this should be fixed.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Ok, when was the last time vegeta did a BBA and swooped off straight after it?

Something needed to be able to counter the BBA, and the SBC is it, Piccolo and Vegeta head to head, neither can be at a disadvantage, cuz both players can launch then move.

remember this is NOT DBZ, this is ESF

:S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and sence when has krillin been able to kill buu

never

but this is not dbz there for it doesnt need to be 100% to the letter

some moves have to work differently inorder to make that charater not sux0r

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, I don't know what everyone's on about. SBC rocks, though it could use some graphcial improvements, however, gotta remember, as good as ESF looks, it's still HL. You're not gonna get any curved models or anything. As for moving away, I'm damn glad I can because I don't liek stading around waiting to get melee'd. As already said, it's basically the only counter to the BBA and other such attacks picolo has. In short, it's important that it not be a beam attack. Also, who's gonna look at how it lokos when they're too busy trying to recover from melee so they can avoid it?

-Karrde-

Best answers
No kiddin' people. Of course there has to be balance, and that's good. It is just werid to see him just walk away from a beam. What they should have done was give Piccolo the ability to blow up the attack if it misses (or just because), instead of the ablilty to move away. It would just make the game look cleaner in my opinion.

Best answers
That's swell pal. I was quite aware of that but either way, Japanese or English, the Special Beam Cannon should be treated as a BEAM.

Watch the show at least before u make asumptions, picolo can never control the spealial beam cannon in the show, so shhhh plz.

Best answers
yea im not saying the beam is bad but it dont look right and moving with it after you shoot is kinda weard to. i think they didnt finish that. but we got beta 1 so if ya dont like the atack dont use it.;( but relly it semms to big and just look awfull but its probly something to do with the beam system im shure in beta 2 they will have a better one. im shure it whont be another year lol. and as for the big bang and moving yes veggita does that when fighting goku.

Best answers
I belive alot the other attaks arnt use and people all melle, wichi s anoying =P I find krillion to be best in fights, any melle =) person who trys fight me gets a nice disk in his face =) I love it, and kama is nice... great job on this..

Best answers
But aha! look at dis pic, i dont know why they have a diffrent beam cannon, but its alot more like the shows, and it isnt ugly,
http://www.planethalflife.com/image.asp?src=/features/motw/esf/esf03.jpg

Link might not work, wierd thing with Planethalflife

Best answers
SBC should probably keep Piccolo in place while shooting but i think it should also move like twice as fast since it was an extremely fast move in the show and it makes it unbalanced because he cant redirect the flight path after firing it.

i do think it should be smaller

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom