Piccolo WIP

Best answers
I don't see how this draw over is gonna help me. And I don't see what you did different with the legs beside put them closer together. Nor can I see what you wrote on the draw over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, sorry Cracker, but not only are the legs wrong you put the bicep on the wrong side of the arm in your drawover....

My advice, make the forearms more meaty. You have massive shoulders and a massive chest, reflect that with his arms aswell. You don't have that kind of body and skinny arms.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can u show us a side pic of the updated model?

Best answers
Side pic as requested.
Does anyone know of any good tutorials for skinmapping in ms3d or in LithUnwrap?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nuttzy's did a good tut, its in one of the stickies i think... it looks pretty good so far i cant wait till its skinned :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, it ws a good tut, but my image host went down, so the tut is prettymuch useless now, and i didnt back it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, if you altered the legs such as the ones in the drawover then the model would look worse.. I think the model is perfect, was just checking him out in HLMV and he looks great. The arms could use a tiny bit of work, but even if he did fix them up it wouldn't add much to the models suberbness.

Best answers
I want to make this model as good as I possibly can so if the arms need a tiny bit of work go ahead and tell me what would make them better. I'm gonna work on making another version of the model with cape and turban and I'm also gonna make a nail version. In the meantime I'll be looking for some skinmapping tutorials for the above mentioned programs. However, if any of you come across any, please post a link in this thread.

Here's some pics again since the ones on angelfire are down.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you try to compare it with a ref pic, the proportions still aren't right. The torsopiece above the belt needs to be longer so his arms won't look so long, also the legs need to be quite a bit longer.

Best answers
Don't know if it'll help but I'll put look into what you said cold steel.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, yes it is, but thats not the good skin, if i wante dto tease you further id show you the one with the finished skin on it, it looks perfect,

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
its a nice model Chireru
but if Im not mistaken, Picollo has those pink things
in his muscles, like Frieza!
just to be more exact - add those and the model is almost perfect!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Miki800 said:
its a nice model Chireru
but if Im not mistaken, Picollo has those pink things
in his muscles, like Frieza!
just to be more exact - add those and the model is almost perfect!
its not skined yet...

Best answers
This is a great model, looks just like a namek. :yes:
Just hope the skinning can be done as well as the model :p
Also if you do make turban/cape piccolo, try to animate or try to get someone to animate the cape.

Best answers
The head's not big, it fits the refs perfectly. And that is a shadow behind his antenna that makes it look like the head is going inward in the front pic. If you look at the side pic, you don't see the shadow and everything looks fine.
I did make a cape and turban version already(I'll post pics today or soon after) and I plan on animating it. I've already done a few animations. But I had to get rid of the right and left foot bones and the right and left hand bones so I could add more bones to the original Piccolo skeleton. Because everytime I tried to add bones(for the cape) with the feet and hand bones still present, they (feet,hand bones) would twist in weird directions. Does anyone know a way where I can add new bones to the default Piccolo skeleton and still have the feet and hand bones not twist around?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about the skin?
is the models skined yet?
or somebody is skinning it now...

and sorry i cant help u with the bones problem..
i dont understand in this very much..

Best answers
I would like to skin it but you have to skinmap first. Now, I can skinmap but not very well. I want to learn how to skinmap good, so I've been looking for a good skinmapping tutorial but haven't found any yet.
However, if someone wants to take up the job of skinmapping or skinning or both, they're more than welcome to. Just send me a pm.

Bolteh2

B
... skinmapping is easy, its prolly the easiest thing in the whole modelling/skinning stuff...

but most ppl dont even make good models, they make an even more crappy skinmap and they make it complete ugly with a stupid skin..

anyway, i still think that u started out great on the piccolo.. but u really messed it up with arms and legs :/

Best answers
What EXACTLY do you mean by "u really messed it up with arms and legs."
What's wrong with them, in your opinion, and what can I do to fix the problems. I've already made all the changes you mentioned before so what's wrong with them now?

Here's the Cape and the Nail Version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom