Petition For New Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I think people become extremely sensitive regarding a release date for ESF - I can understand why but not to the level where I come on here and cry while I'm typing.

I've only been with the community for a year and I remember seeing posts regarding everything from a release date to a demo from a respectful to near-demanding attitude. I think for new members it is not immediately clear as to why a demo is not in the works - especially where we see things like the gameplay test footage and the new years trailer (which I'm sure caught the attention of new members). Now that I think of it this a reoccuring theme within facebook and youtube, but on the forums - where the true fans are in my opinion, it is understood why no such thing exists ( a demo I mean).

The fact is that one big release is what is gonna happen and when it does there will be a release party!

The only thing we can do really is play 1.2.3 and be part of the community with the understanding that we're all waiting together and that YOU are not the only one obsessing...

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A demo deosnt exist, because its useless. Demo are free demonstration versions of products that are meant to convince people to buy the full product. So in order for a demo to be made, the game needs to be fully finished. But since this is a free mod for a game, having a demo would mean that we make a release of the game thats just as good as the full game with the aim of getting people to download the full game. Its just absurd.

What people dont understand about demos is, that the game needs to be 100% complete in order for a demo to be made. As a preview build != demo != an open beta (even though open betas are advertised as preview builds lately, even though they are totally different things)

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Meh, an open beta would just ruin the expectations of the game. If the popularity dies eventually, let it die then, and just pull one hell of an advertisement 2 months before releasing it.

Best answers
I've been wanting to tell you this for the longest time Henry...

Your signature is nothing less than divine - ******* tits

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yes, indeed, we need this 'broken beta' thing. It will keep players entertained seeing what's gonna come. Seriously, I expected ESF to be released in 2013, but it seems that the team hasn't completely done the project, and it'll take, umm, I guess 2-4 years. Even more.

--- edit ---

I think people become extremely sensitive regarding a release date for ESF - I can understand why but not to the level where I come on here and cry while I'm typing.

I've only been with the community for a year and I remember seeing posts regarding everything from a release date to a demo from a respectful to near-demanding attitude. I think for new members it is not immediately clear as to why a demo is not in the works - especially where we see things like the gameplay test footage and the new years trailer (which I'm sure caught the attention of new members). Now that I think of it this a reoccuring theme within facebook and youtube, but on the forums - where the true fans are in my opinion, it is understood why no such thing exists ( a demo I mean).

The fact is that one big release is what is gonna happen and when it does there will be a release party!

The only thing we can do really is play 1.2.3 and be part of the community with the understanding that we're all waiting together and that YOU are not the only one obsessing...
Yeah, that's what I felt when I joined. Only releasing PoTW's will make fans stay tunned, but not for a long time. My activity in the forums have decreased suprisingly... I'd make 30 posts the first day. Now I barely do, because this nowadays I haven't been really interested in ESF anymore.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yes, indeed, we need this 'broken beta' thing. It will keep players entertained seeing what's gonna come. Seriously, I expected ESF to be released in 2013, but it seems that the team hasn't completely done the project, and it'll take, umm, I guess 2-4 years. Even more.

--- edit ---

Yeah, that's what I felt when I joined. Only releasing PoTW's will make fans stay tunned, but not for a long time. My activity in the forums have decreased suprisingly... I'd make 30 posts the first day. Now I barely do, because this nowadays I haven't been really interested in ESF anymore.
You've been here a few months, you have zero insight on what the community "needs".

Although I'm digging your trend of declining visits! Keep it up! We're almost there!

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I can really tell that you're not interested in ESF anymore. Especially after reading your posts about asking for another beta release, as well as all your complaints regarding a lack of content whenever subjects like these come up.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
While I haven't got the inteam yet I listened to Grega test the other day and he literally crashed like 5 times in 10mins

You guys don't want it

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
While I haven't got the inteam yet I listened to Grega test the other day and he literally crashed like 5 times in 10mins

You guys don't want it
In the games defense, i was runing like 10 programs in the BG (firefox with 20 tabs and 3DSMAX included ^^)
But yea HL can act really unstable at times ever since the linux update.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You guys should really just ignore such threads or even delete them but leave this one as an example.

Those guys are just kids who see only shiny effects in this game, who dont care about quality or rather dont know even what quality is both for a game and word itself. Pretty much from what i figured is that filipe guy is pulling some facts from his own head and actually not even knowing what joke is. I approve another April Fools joke and if this project of yours keeps going for 5 years more then I "demand" another 5 AFJ's! (so start planning and be creative again! :p)

Releasing OB would only satisfy kids and ruin whole game to those who wait for the game patiently for years. There would be only small sum of those who would actually try and help you so in otherwords release would come for nothing; or at least you would not gain what you expected :/

This isnt only game that exists so for those unpatient -> Go play something else or maybe better go outside and see that there is world beyond those 4 walls you live in...

Regards

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
They can't always know how much the game is missing, no matter how tiring it is and how they don't use the search function they should be treated as individual. The forum is inactive enough as it is, piling up on that by not properly answering/deleting or giving the "oh shut up message" really doesn't help.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
You guys should really just ignore such threads or even delete them but leave this one as an example.

Those guys are just kids who see only shiny effects in this game, who dont care about quality or rather dont know even what quality is both for a game and word itself. Pretty much from what i figured is that filipe guy is pulling some facts from his own head and actually not even knowing what joke is. I approve another April Fools joke and if this project of yours keeps going for 5 years more then I "demand" another 5 AFJ's! (so start planning and be creative again! :p)

Releasing OB would only satisfy kids and ruin whole game to those who wait for the game patiently for years. There would be only small sum of those who would actually try and help you so in otherwords release would come for nothing; or at least you would not gain what you expected :/

This isnt only game that exists so for those unpatient -> Go play something else or maybe better go outside and see that there is world beyond those 4 walls you live in...

Regards

Hay just wait a minute the person that made this has said sorry already, give him a a break but anyone and everyone would like to see a demo/beta. But just agree to the fact that the game will be done when its ready.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I think his post was more directed toward Forum Superstars Aurum and filipe, who seem to think they know what they're talking about.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Please can we close this thread? We all understand, it would be better to have a full release after a long time, rather than open betas. I can't find a single person who would actually like an open beta still on this thread.

As for the other games... :p
I don't play other games. I have only played 1.2.3, for a period of at least 3 months now. I don't want to play other games, but I find 1.2.3 and Open Beta Final to be all I need. I play them almost equally, leaning towards 1.2.3.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Aside from a few exceptions you mean.

Thing is we never shut the door on anyone who is willing to help and knows how to act at least half decently.
*blinks at* Orly? Nah just playin XD

@Deverz, that first appearance post on this thread really hit me where I live D T-T Magical! Really!

@Everyone Else..: Now I don't seriously think you've all quite caught the point of this whole furum here. It's a Petition. Meaning let the community decide Orai? Really it looked like some sort of war with those at first waving their banners for an Open Beta just dancing along like giddy little misfits untill the verbal spears began flying from every which direction. Which led to the pansies waving the white flag. You guys should have your own government branch cause more shi* need to get shot down just like this prospect did!

But really.. I do think another Open Beta could be stimulating for everyone. The Vets, and Newbies both could help in their own way. Everyone who's anyone(you know who you are Eon.. Sub.. everyone else with a 3 letter name), would know exactly what to look for in terms of faults, glitches, bugs, Advanced Melee system, ect. and just totally jump on the ball with helping solve such existing issues. There are even some talented individuals outside of the team and Force Pitters who might even instantly recognize the cause of some more detrimental issues which solve crashes.

After all the point of most if not all(actual) Open Beta's as Grega said, is to help get feed back and solve problems in a games development. And they are considered very helpful because they allow for the masses to get their hands on a build of the product, help them understand it's development, and of course with all those people trying it out, the odds of bugs being found, routed, and cleaned up, increase quite sizably as more people get their hands on it.

Now if such a thing would come about, I would suggest a few things as to avoid the apparent failure of the last Open Beta.

1. Put out the real deal: Now the last Open Beta was a ways different from 1.2.3. but it was in no ways comparable to Final, as the title suggested. Far too many key features were missing, and it didn't at all represent what people thought it did.

2. Don't be TOO consistent with updating it: Now involvement is great, but new updates bring new bugs. Try rooting out the most evident issues in one build before moving on to the next, and insure that there is good cause to keep moving on.

3. Make it a Beta, don't give us everything: Maybe 2 to 4 characters, 1 map at it's first launch. That way there is tighter focus, and emphasis on it being a Beta and not an actual release, as well as to see if any worthy feed back is submitted. If so reward such good deeds, with updates, and more things to test.

4. You know how it can fail: The original Open Beta tanked because very few people contributed to actually trying to help solve it's many issues, there are many dedicated fans of the project still lurking about, old ones even resurfacing recently too; there is no doubt in my mind that the community will contribute. Because we all have one thing in common, and that is our belief that no matter what ESF will be 'the' most amazing DBZ experience the world has to offer.

Ultimately the choice is yours. Whatever you choose, I for one will fully respect, and encourage it in anyway I personally can.. probably by means of my Cell Voice in teamspeak and various ESF matches. Though it might seem that faith may have been shaken from both sides of the the community(The Devs, and the Fans((Vets and Newbies alike)), we are all still here. Eh well, most of us, and it should prove that we 'do' want to help. Congratulations! If you made it all the way through, hell yeah! Thanks for the consideration at least, if not well I won't blame you though, sometimes allot of words are discouraging.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I think my brain "EXPLODED"

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Tigerboy1995.
Why did your brain explode?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Because i cant get over how much dedication he put to righting all that, that's all. :D

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There is only 1 mistake in that nice speech. And that is that the people who would be able to contribute the most, wouldnt play it, because they would be waiting for the final. Ask anyone and you should find out something rather interesting. The same thing i noticed when the old open beta was running.

The people who have the most to say never even bother to read the change logs to see whats different, let alone search though a database full of bug reports to see if what they got was a bug or god forbid even report it if its not in the list. No they will just cry about the game being buggy. And quite honestly making sure that the game runs stable on a certain build just so that the mindless masses are appeased and the few people who actually would contribute to anything can see whats going on takes a lot more time than just releasing a video on a feature every now and then. There is still the same amount of public info given out, but there is less people screaming for our heads, than there is with an open beta.

Also. Thread closed on request of the thread starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom