Petition For New Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hi, imma start a petition for a new open beta, because otherwise this project will slowly get less and less popular, until it dies. I don't want this project to die, mainly because the best DBZ game ever created is the project! Anyway, you should put it out of the Files section on Mr. McMain-Website, or make it very clear that it's buggy.

It is a simple fact, if you don't do anything latest releases soon, you will lose popularity, and when you release it, the seven people who remember you will say "Oh, cool!" and go on.

Anyway, so that is why I made this petition. Plus I want some more releases! :p

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It went badly last time why would this time be different

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i kinda agree with him ,and the difference between this and open beta is that the open beta sucks
it cant be even cleary called "open beta" sorry to say it sucked but thats true
people just downloaded and see maps and characters with not correctly update and had no fun with it, it was just basicly a showcase with no playable reason

release a play able new open beta atleast so the popularity would rise again !

look in this forums are always the same people opening new threads only a few rarely new people opening threads to ask questions the popularity sunked like a ship deep under the water!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It would be different by the people now being prepared to take a beta, like how Mojang are doing with their weekly snapshots, they are completely bug - ridden, but they are still fun to play. As long as it was clearly marked as a beta, I don't see why not.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If whatever version released can't be played competitively, there's no point. We don't need a virtual showcase of art assets.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You don't need it, but neither do you technically need the game at all, it wouldn't help you live, would it? No. Would it be nice to see how the game is coming along? I personally think so. It just seems that the devs, at this point aren't even doing anything. It was only because of the leak I knew that this thing was still in development.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
we don't need it even if you lose some of your fans it not have Multiplayer Servers
I Am Sure Not Leave !!!!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If whatever version released can't be played competitively, there's no point. We don't need a virtual showcase of art assets.
if that soo feel free and remove the open beta link .
no one would care because its not playable,
the previous released version are only PLAYABLE thats why many people got pissed of and just left this forum not even that "leak" video april fools joke got the popularity back the people got even more pissed of then before

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I think it would be good to test it out, to see how it's going, as mentioned above. I really do think that if they leave it like this, a lot of their fans will leave. It will get less and less popular. It doesn't need public servers, as long as you can hit 'Create Server' on the menu and play with your friends!

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the public don't have the tools to complete what's missing more efficiently than the team, I see it as an exercise in futility just to appease the impatience of but a few adolescents who know everything.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't need it, but neither do you technically need the game at all, it wouldn't help you live, would it? No. Would it be nice to see how the game is coming along? I personally think so. It just seems that the devs, at this point aren't even doing anything. It was only because of the leak I knew that this thing was still in development.
The leak was an attempt to show gameplay.

If all goes well there will be PR within 12 hours

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
What do you mean there will be PR in 12 hours?
And the leak did have a slight, very slight jump in popularity, but then all the fans who might have been active members of teh community just rage quit because it was April Fools Joke.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no point inciting hysteria from conjecture. What active members have rage quit exactly?

Anyone who has followed this with any serious thought has long understood it was a long haul. Appreciate the importance of getting it right. This is ESF FINAL.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What do you mean there will be PR in 12 hours?
And the leak did have a slight, very slight jump in popularity, but then all the fans who might have been active members of teh community just rage quit because it was April Fools Joke.
pr means preview video probably
and yes i noticed some comments from people in moddb and in the video who just got the noise full of this MOD
the developers should care what the fans want and not what they want
a new "playable" open beta would get atleast their attention back and playing this mod again after months/years with their friends or other servers and the people would not being pissed off anymore

@kynetik i know this project from bid for power forums , and im following this about 7 years they truly did many released versions but they where atleast playable unlike the open beta
and back then they atleast heard to the fans doing their wishes, now its like they dont "*******" care anymore.
doing a silly april fools joke wich people just rage quited and fans just giving up their hopes and they dont evne play it anymore server browser is kinda empty !

i mean hey lets do a preview video and fooling people around that thats a leaked video , that was the stupiest idea ! i have ever heard in these forums to make a af joke ,did noone of u guys even asked themselves what the consequences could be? .
probably not because you had realized the forums is dying but not its even worser!
i would not suprise if people saying the mod wont come for years or making jokes like the release date is NEVER

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
There's no point inciting hysteria from conjecture. What active members have rage quit exactly?

Anyone who has followed this with any serious thought has long understood it was a long haul. Appreciate the importance of getting it right. This is ESF FINAL.
I have a few friends who were introduced to the game through that, and they were saying things like 'Oh, cool, this must be released soon, right?' And then, the April Fools thing hit, and then they don't like the game at all. Since they have sent hate mail to ESF, and they don't want to play 1.2.3 or 1.3 Open Beta Final, being put off by the joke.

And besides, it doesn't matter much, surely, if they release 'snapshots', like Mojang are doing, perhaps even if they do it very obscurely, not putting it on the website, and just giving it to those who are determined to find it, it can only make the fans happier.

Name an instance when anyone has said something like 'Oh, they are releasing Open Betas! How dare they? I will hereby rage quit from every playing ESF again!'

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Now why would I make a joke? Clearly, fans know more about game design than senior devs, right?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Now why would I make a joke? Clearly, fans know more about game design than senior devs, right?
Now look, I never said about the core designs of the game. Plus, Mass Effect 3 is a high - tier game, designed very professionally. ESF, no offense for the team, I personally think they're great, but they aren't exactly Ubisoft. Besides, I was talking about the possibility of Open Betas. A bit like how if there was a petition for a(nother) open beta to Mass Effect 3, if it was a multiplayer deathmatch game. So, your analogy doesn't make all that much sense, except in the way that fans want input on an aspect of the game.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's as much about you as it is about filipe. As far as I know, development isn't organized in sprints, iterations, milestones or whatever you want to call it. Therefore, snapshots are simply extra work and not a by-product of regular development. Bottom line: Ain't gonna happen.

Just find some artists who are actually motivated to work. That'll help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom