Petition For New Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny thing is: they can't. Without having access to the source code and without even the slightest idea of what might be the cause, there won't be any solutions from anyone. The only thing a tester can do is report what happened and what led to it. With this information, a dev might be able to figure out what the problem is.
That was pretty much my point. Would the community really be ready to go the extra mile to figure out what lead to a certain bug that would help the devs find a cause so that they can neutralize it?

Proud owner of ESF:Final
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
because people are already giving a damn about this and as apologize an open beta would be atleast appropriate after all this !
i hope in future force pitters wont get in stupid idea like this silly af joke again and ruin the forums that could have dramaticly affects for this community and project

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
After all what? You guys act like you lived through something or did something.

The very best there is.
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Even though English is not your native language, at least put some effort in it.

So you're really butthurt about the joke. That's great, I like it. Because you obviously have no idea whatsoever about game development. Or, more generally, software development. Start by learning the differences between alpha, beta and release candidate.

I don't see any decline in activity. So maybe that's just your perception.

And by "community" you mean yourself, right? Because that's what you're doing: Not helping.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The decline already happened. We've leveled off with the 12 members we have.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The decline in activity happened at the exact same time as we were releasing Open Betas. Coincidence?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, that was like....the 10th decline.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
haha back then atleast the forums had alot way more popularity then now, some weeks ago after they started this leak joke the people already left because some morons here told them they steal steam ids and that the website got hacked and something like and then suddenly its an af joke and people left, now thats a coincidence!

and yeah im butthurt about who ever came up with that idea should use his brain and think about the consequences but no lets just do that as an AF Joke

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
haha back then atleast the forums had alot way more popularity then now, some weeks ago after they started this leak joke the people already left because some morons here told them they steal steam ids and that the website got hacked and something like and then suddenly its an af joke and people left, now thats a coincidence!
Ehem we said forum accounts, STEAM accounts were not in those. Besides if you want to fool someone you have to make i believable.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers

and yeah im butthurt about who ever came up with that idea should use his brain and think about the consequences but no lets just do that as an AF Joke
Who exactly left? If you don't mind me asking?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
iheartgoku38 and bulmabriefs12 left.

They will be missed.

The very best there is.
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Also, your Steam ID is public information. So please stop being ridiculous and get a hold of yourself. Then, maybe, you can pour your thoughts into syntactically valid sentences that end with a period.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Don't try to lie to people who I assume to be either Devs or Mods. It doesn't work. :p

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Ehem we said forum accounts, STEAM accounts were not in those. Besides if you want to fool someone you have to make i believable.
im not trying here to fool anyone ,actually in the other thread you said something like people can login in forums with their steam account so i just guess they could be affected too since it was about the forum got a leak

and viper i dont waste my time counting those peoples now you should realize too that they are way less people online these weeks

i dont understand whats so funny, after all it was you people who accomplished this

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Fuzzy here is pretty much the server manager/top tier admin ^^;

filipe they dont log in to this site using steam login. They log in to steampowered.com and then steampowered.com gives an OK signal to this site.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
actually in the other thread you said something like people can login in forums with their steam account so i just guess they could be affected too since it was about the forum got a leak

and viper i dont waste my time counting those peoples now you should realize too that they are way less people online these weeks

i dont understand whats so funny, after all it was you people who accomplished this
The forum activity is the same as always. You're just being a baby because you thought someone will send you the leaked game and didn't.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
i dont care about a leaked build after all me and ESForever found out who was playing and with who, before it was revelead to be an af joke ( thanks to "Sting" ) wich post from him outed the operation,

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont care about a leaked build after all me and bfpkiller found out who was playing and with who, before it was revelead to be an af joke ( thanks to "Sting" ) wich post from him outed the operation,
If only that was the case with DBAF, sadly now we have a shit ton of DBAF bullshit going round. In any case isnt that the point of april fools to begin with?

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't read all of this but I found some key points I would like to pick on

What do you mean there will be PR in 12 hours?
And the leak did have a slight, very slight jump in popularity, but then all the fans who might have been active members of teh community just rage quit because it was April Fools Joke.
pr means preview video probably
and yes i noticed some comments from people in moddb and in the video who just got the noise full of this MOD
the developers should care what the fans want and not what they want
a new "playable" open beta would get atleast their attention back and playing this mod again after months/years with their friends or other servers and the people would not being pissed off anymore

@kynetik i know this project from bid for power forums , and im following this about 7 years they truly did many released versions but they where atleast playable unlike the open beta
and back then they atleast heard to the fans doing their wishes, now its like they dont "*******" care anymore.
doing a silly april fools joke wich people just rage quited and fans just giving up their hopes and they dont evne play it anymore server browser is kinda empty !

i mean hey lets do a preview video and fooling people around that thats a leaked video , that was the stupiest idea ! i have ever heard in these forums to make a af joke ,did noone of u guys even asked themselves what the consequences could be? .
probably not because you had realized the forums is dying but not its even worser!
i would not suprise if people saying the mod wont come for years or making jokes like the release date is NEVER
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PR+Definition 2nd or 3rd link has the right idea

Preview Video really?

PR = Public Relations. I intend to act as a bride between the busy team and the community.

again its not clearly about an open beta ,its about what u guys did with that stupid af joke. who ever came with that dumb idea must be an bonehead didnt none of you developers even asked themselves what the consequences could be making that af joke.

thats what caused the popularity to sink and let people rage quiting that cant be easely regain with a new preview video fans want a new open beta even if its not meant to be playing and without melee atleast we as fans can enjoy the waiting and see what the game is capable off ,then and the popularity will rise again

and of what ive heard about an open beta . every open beta i ever played in my whole life was playable even if it was with bugs in
That esf open beta is in a way different dimension you are talking about

some weeks ago this forum was full of active members even if it wasnt full like before the open beta but gratz on the fake leakings its DONE for people already giving shit about this

community wont help the project speed up u cant expect people to join and help speed up the project after all most of us cant even models we are just fans!
I'm sorry you didn't like our fun idea for releasing new and exciting content.
There are no bad results from this apart from people who wrongly feel misused by it.

You got 3 new screen shots of a new HUD and a new Gameplay video, How is that a bad thing.

Also the activity on this forum hasn't changed since Mid-March except for a new member or 2 which would be an increase in activity. Check your facts first ok?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
[video=youtube;l59cg62wqpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY[/video]

I love how the people wanting an Open Beta are people who have just signed up and are like "well I've been lurking for years!". Aside from that, none of you have proven your worth to the community. I may be a huge troll/jerk, but I've paid my dues as a former moderator/tester/head tester. I didn't have the time to put into the development so I couldn't be a tester anymore. Not only that but I've been behind the scenes to try and breathe life into the community. The April Fools thing? That was my brainchild with trying to troll the team to release more pics/video under the guise of a prank. It didn't get executed the way I would've liked, so I backed out, but hey there was some content shown at the very least.

You guys are deluding yourselves if you think the joke is what hurt activity. You just sound butthurt that you could've had a chance at getting a leaked version and it was taken away from you. There was a slight jump in activity because people logged in so they could private message the account and ask for links. You guys think you were slighted by the April Fools thing? How about the people under the hood who were lobbying to the team to get a better combat video, those of us who played the game for years and played with the upper echelon of the community and were into the advanced mechanics? There are those of us who don't have much faith in the gameplay and optimization because of how 1.2 went down, and are curious to see these advanced mechanics, but that got brushed off because ~reasons~. We had a small jump in activity, which is completely negligible compared to the 2003-2005 era.

Besides, most of these people just complain about minor stuff anyways so they won't be missed. Good riddance to them for leaving, hopefully with increased PR we'll get new members who aren't entitled 13 year olds.

As said before by Zeo, most of you guys just want the instant gratification and couldn't care less about "helping the team". If anything, making builds stable enough for release would take more time, so that whole argument is moot and extremely transparent.

You want to prove your worth to the community? Make some topics that aren't whining about releases, ask questions about gameplay mechanics you are concerned about, give suggestions as a longtime player on what you think could make a good game, and overall just get involved. We've got boards that have been dying for a long time, make some topics about a game, an anime (ugh), or some news article in general chat.

Otherwise when you make a thread with an open hand like you deserve something, you might get a reaction other than laughter. Otherwise, you're just the white noise that's been coming and going for the past few years and will be treated accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom