Perfect Cell - 56k Danger!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

work time: 4 hours
Polycount: 2388
Sources: Davidskiwans ref and a couple of dbz pics

Pic link: http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/4451/cellwip6pv.jpg

Comment:
Uhm, some peeps asked me to join a addon for esf, i though i would test myself for it, if i finish a dbz model, im in, if not, im not. So see, im in.
I would like thank alot Davidskiwan, for his ref, though some parts have been missing but i got those missed parts from the anime as the proporation.

Please leave a comment on it.

*btw. does anybody knows a 3D artschool in England? If yes, please pm me or tell me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just tell it in here caus i want to know about the school 2 ^^
nice model like i told ya on msn but i think it will look better with a skin so woik it ^^ lol

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Its probably just me but the legs seem a bit too short.
gj

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O: Looks secksi, Try! Good job! o/

Discord Member
Best answers
Hey this is great... and the legs seem good enough!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would actually advise you disconnect the arms from the torso, and model them as sepperate elements. on the grounds that because he has an armoured carapace, its not going to be flexable like human muscle. it would be extremely rigid. and if you rig it like this, because its one mesh, parts of it will flex.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
looking really nice tryforce. Do what Mad_Axman said ^_^. His advice is always helpful.

Best answers
I dug up some stuff for you try force, cudn't get you on msn so bleh heres some links:-

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/courses/undergrad/mediaandentertainmenttechnology/tcm45951764.php <-- combi media course its so so

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/courses/undergrad/mediaandentertainmenttechnology/tcm1984664.php <-- degree I did some years ago, its alright but a bit out dated.

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/courses/undergrad/artanddesign/tcm451018564.php
<- don't teach this one but its pretty nice

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/courses/undergrad/subject-index.php?id=tcm:68-4842-4 <- I teach the MSC version of Computer Games Design (were currently altering alot about it)

Regarding perfect cell, its pretty cool but his arms seem enormous to me :laff:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I just creamed my pants.

Yeah you should probably skin that and animate it and you know... send it to me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks greg =)

@FP: Maybe: Uvwmap->Skin it->rig it->animate it->copmile it->then give it to you? =P hehe still its for the addon.
thanks anyway =)
maybe not straight enough but...:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or you could ignore me :p

his torso in general is too slim from the front, needs to be much broader in the shoulders, and the waist could do with filling out too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do his lower legs bend downward like that? His feet are level to the ground, but his legs are apart.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
thanks greg =)

@FP: Maybe: Uvwmap->Skin it->rig it->animate it->copmile it->then give it to you? =P hehe still its for the addon.
thanks anyway =)
maybe not straight enough but...:
Yeah or you could do that, as long as I get it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
those refs are serverly old and decrepid... lemme do a drawover D:

looks pretty good so far D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uh Davidskiwan..? May i ask why you took down all your refs?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm because he is not a ref drawer but an artist? *correct me if im wrong david*

thanks david =)

@axman: hope i didnt ignored you =P i just missread it, i may will disconnect the arms, but where and how ? o_O"
@sh: uhmm its shown in davids ref others, true, but i all i need is to move the feet otherway, just forgot it while modeling, cuz modeling a feet in another pose then that was driving me insane

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me thinks his torso is more of less correct, could be broader at the top, but the waist if anything should be smaller, cell has the smallest waist in comparison to body size out of all dbz characters.

I did a drawover, hopefully it should show u where i think ur going wrong, most of all I think you've made his face far too wide/square, I'd make it a more triangular, I've also scanned a page out of my jap manga (no i cant read it, I just like the art =P). It shows pretty good full body shot, which should help.

I deleted my refs cuz well, I had to show my album to a company and my refs in comparison to my other drawings are crap-tacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom