People's new tactic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats essentially what i suggested... but with mine you actually have to look at them... right now i can glance at it and see which arrow is being pressed since it is so obvious...

im not so sure i agree with the "not appearing at all" thats even worse than a random arrow... you cant even block that...

i dont think "training" should be required... simple paying attention should do...

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Wow Pain. You could actually do that in a sprite pack right now...In fact I think I might give it a try.

Ha. Just finished. Works to a degree. Not like the system you suggested, Pain, but almost--no fading but the same idea. All arrows now have four directions with the corresponding ones being red. makes it a little more confusing. Also, to prevent combo prediction from being so easy, I made it so that when you hit the correct direction, the arrow then turns completely colored, meaning that for that split second you will not be able to see what the last button press was.
thats great, but unless it is put into a later version it only puts the ONE user at a disadvantage...
glad to see that it is possible to do though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll be posting the arrow pack up later tonight and hopefully people will pick up on it. Personally, I'm not going to use them, but maybe the team will take the idea and roll with it. I think your idea--about the hits' individual strength and your power level determining how visible the arrow is--is the best one I've heard so far.

As far as whether or not they actually made the melee a little harder to follow...well, I got hit by a lot more combos, so in theory (although it could just take some getting used to).

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh about simple melee-> Knockback speed is increased slightly and distance slightly as well, but because of... well because of what Simple Melee is it doesn't make all that much of a difference. I imagine it will be slightly harder to teleport into someone now but to just swoop into them again is about the same... simple melee damage and ki blast damage has been nerfed (not to death just enough to make it more fair) and advanced melee is much more cooperative with the faster cvar, so it should be slightly more balanced in the next version... slightly. Since simple melee damage depends on server average PL (I'm pretty sure) and advanced melee depends on your opponent's PL (1.2.1) you will probably be *less* inclined to use advanced melee on better players (with higher / close Pls to you) and more inclined to use it everywhere else, which could be more good or bad. We'll see.

Best answers
I don't like kiblobs because they hurt. I mean, what the hell.

It's like they're trying to kill me, or something.

That's not nice, that's just mean. We should all have a tea party. A SSJ tea party.

Best answers
I really find no problem with the way the game plays now, i think the changes that are being made are retarded and are only happening becuase people get their asses beat and think that the person is hacking becuase their simple mind can't understand what the human mind is capable of. Sure there are some bugs here and there, fix those, but leave the melee the way it is. I'm personally tired of relearning this game, and I'm sure alot of other players feel the same way. What these changes do is make the more advance players more nurfed, giving the already crap players a better chance of winning. Once this patch comes out, there will be new tactics being used and more n00bs crying about it. Then what? 1.2.2???? This is my opinion on this whole situation, so don't take it as a fact, it's just how I see it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom