PC Gamers, get Ready to Die...Dark Souls PC!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.overclock.net/t/1240042/wccftech-darks-souls-wants-pc-gamers-to-be-ready-to-die

The power of the PC community finally triumphs as Dark Souls is OFFICIALLY coming to the PC now, in August PC players will get to download / buy Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Wow.

An online poll worked. I think that's an internet first!

A ONLINE POLL worked!

I can't wait! This is going to rock!

Petition that got Namco interested:

http://petitionbureau.org/DarkSoulsForPC

[video=youtube_share;93LFz_j5fQA]http://youtu.be/93LFz_j5fQA[/video]

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Posted this in the chat box before, asdf I AM SO ******* HYYYYYYYYYYPED, LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MAN.
I mean, I will probably slowly become a masochistic zombie being by the time I am into the game but GODDAMN IT WILL BE ******* WORTH IT.
kinda hoping for a easy modo option nevertheless >>

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you want an easy mode?

Half the games fun is that it is rather difficult and you have to learn.

Problem is, if it's like Demon Souls; once you learn how to beat the enemy types, it becomes incredibly easy...though that is how games were always supposed to be. IF you learn how to play them properly, should be easy. Most games forget that these days, I suppose.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Part of me is upset this didn't stay a PS3 exclusive series, but the other part is glad to see that more people finally get to play this amazing game. May end up picking up a second copy now just for the sake of playing on my PC. Nice to see a game that actually deserves a PC port finally get one.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Windows Live is awful.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, quite a few people are pissed. We finally get it, then they do this. It's like preparing a 5 star meal then just taking a dump on it.

Lotsa new features though, console people are in an uproar.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-dark-souls/729114

New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
New Areas โ€“ Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
New Enemies โ€“ Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
New NPCs โ€“ Including Hawkeye Gough and more
New Weapons and Armor โ€“ Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
Console users are going nuts. I went over to their forums and read some topics and they are...wow. I'm surprised. I know they are console gamers, but their reactions are like it is the end of gaming as a whole, that all PC gamers are hackers, that every game will have nothing but hackers, and people will mod the game to give themselves super abilities light flight and guns...and they will all be able to do this on the Official servers...

Just plain shocked...such a skewed view. One comment made me laugh so hard though.

A user was asking if consoles would get the new content as well.

One user replied

"Don't worry, no game company would forget the fans that made them what they are today"

LOL.

That sounds an awful lot like what PC gamers said years ago, eh? When all our favorite PC developers started going Console only and ignored PC?

Pretty funny.

Sides, Consoles get The Witcher 2, and we get Dark Souls. I think that's fair!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't get it. I understand exclusives from a capitalist point of view, but why oh why are you going to promote it as a gamer? All of us just want to play good games, so why should I care if they take a favorite of mine onto another platform. The more the merrier, I'll feel much better that a lot more people are going to be able to play the awesome game I've played, regardless of what electronic they've decided to buy it on. Its just plain baffling.

The extra content is just the frosting on top of a very whole and delicious cake, which one group of people have already eaten and fully enjoyed. So we add a bit more whipped cream for the new group, how does that make a big deal for those who are already done having their cake and eating it too?

For all the screaming about how game companies are messing up gaming with their DLCs and what not, people just seem painfully unaware of their own contributions to feeding the economic monster.

I don't want games coming just for PC, and I don't want games coming just for Consoles. As a gamer, I want to play every good game there is. And I want others to as well.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I would like if all games came out for all platforms and didn't compromise the quality.

Sadly, that can't happen, as the Console Gaming market and PC Gaming Market want two different things. PC gamers want high definition graphics, the latest DX11, high res textures, proper online support, 60FPS+, ect.

Console gamers, however, from what I've read, are fine with 30FPS, 720p, and 128 x 128 textures(PC gaming had these in 2001)

From a technical standpoint, we simply want more, because we can do more. But from a Console developers perspective, it's much easier to just straight port all assets over and do minimal work so that it at least functions.

Also, as a whole, the Gaming Industry seems to have a very strange image of PC gaming as weird, geeky, or old fashioned, or just to expensive. Boggles the mind.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
That upsets me a bit actually. I hated it when PC devs started giving consoles exclusive stuff, and now it's happening the other way around. Z and Mk, you both just said you wished the exclusives were gone, and I can understand that point. What I don't understand is how you can be happy about getting exclusive content, as it falls under the same category.

Anyway, don't really want to debate or discuss this fact, just wanted to voice my opinion. As for if it will come to the consoles, (the extra PC content) I can't see it not making it's way there.. because it'll obviously become DLC.. which means an extra $15 - $20 from every console player, added onto the initial $60 sales. Money normally tends to win out in these situations, so I think it's a tad early for the console players to be getting their panties in a twist.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course Consoles will get it.

They have to pay though. No, that's not an elitist statement, it's just how consoles work. Even Valve had to pay out of it's own pocket to deliver free DLC on consoles...and didn't always get to. Microsoft & Sony make them sign trade agreements where they will always charge for DLC and give Sony or Microsoft a cut. Because Sony & Microsoft host these files and let people download them from their Networks. So they want to be paid. On PC, Developers can host DLC themselves and avoid these fee's, and not charge for it.

Where did we say it was exclusive, and where did we say we were happy about it. I'm just saying Console gamers are showing the same ignorance we had.

Check out this one post, lol. I thought it was a joke at first...then I found out it wasn't.

However, I believe that there is a much more pressing matter. The discussion of why exactly the PC (of all platforms) received the brands very first ever expansion.
Was it not on the console platform, PS3, that Demon's Souls had arisen from? The PC audience had nothing to contribute nor share on this amazing achievement of a game.
Was it not, once again, on the console platforms of the PS3 and Xbox360 that its "spiritual successor" had shown first its face? The PC audience, once again, had nothing to contribute nor share..

See my point? So maybe you can help me understand.
Was it a community effort? Some sort of PC uproar that an expansion pack would be released (which isn't exactly all too surprising) but for a platform that had never in the past even supported the game?

In my opinion (and seriously, FROM can do whatever the hell they want) it's the console players that made this game. We are as much responsible for Dark Souls as is the people who created it. Without the contribution of the PS3 and Xbox360 fanbase, without our community involvement, leadership, initiative and unsurpassed willingness to do everything Dark Souls this game, I guarantee you, would be nothing but ash flying in the dust.
It's kinda like the argument PC players make against PC games switching over to consoles. :p

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I find that comment funny because it sounds like he is rebelling against PCs and without PCs that game wouldn't have had a platform to be developed on therefore wouldn't exist lol. I really hope PC gaming is making a tiny come-back at least, even if it's just till the new consoles arrive around the end of 2013 or whatever.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
On the matter of GFWL, just shy of 20,000 people have now signed a new petition asking for the bloated horrorโ€™s removal from the PC version. Namco told VG247 that GFWLโ€™s inclusion was โ€œstill to be decidedโ€, so perhaps there is yet hope theyโ€™ll opt for something else.
It's GFWL, no doubt. I'm disappointed about no redone UI and no proper mouse + KB Control.

Games like Dark Souls play best with KB+M, so...frustrating. I didn't expect PC options like texture, lighting, ect.

But, we can always force AA, use the FXAA Post Injector / ENBseries. But they better damn support higher resolutions. I mean, I've actually seen console ports that don't allow you to select resolution. That's absurd.

I don't get where they said Modding was a real possibility. Didn't see anything to imply that, but hopefully someone can use something like TexMod to inject a new UI or something.

This part is messed up though:

The PC version will be a faithful port of the PS3/360 versions with some added elements, right?Miyazaki: Yes. It will be a very faithful port. There won't be any changes to the resolution, and it won't be 60fps.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/17/dark-souls-pc-prepare-to-sigh/

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I disagree with the idea that it would be 'better' with a m+kb, I've always found melee based rpg combat to be better with a controller. That being said, unless we are talking about an FPS game (where in kb+m is better), this debate is purely opinion based.

As for the rest of the post.. I find it hard to care about the lack of PC options, seeing as it is still GFWL -_-

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
So.........what? Are they just going to click a few buttons and recompile the game so it works on PC basically? (with some added content as well). That sucks. Do a proper job or dont do it at all. I hate it when people do half-assed jobs.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course the'll use this as an excuse that PC games don't sell well, and not port another.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
GFWL will do that to a game. :\

Though to be fair, even if it was steam... they still could have used GFWL, just like Capcom did with RE5, you start it up with steam, then STILL had to log into GFWL to play.. was such BS.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
GFWL will do that to a game. :\

Though to be fair, even if it was steam... they still could have used GFWL, just like Capcom did with RE5, you start it up with steam, then STILL had to log into GFWL to play.. was such BS.
Talk about a double negative....

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
How so? I'm saying that even after launching RE5 with steam, you were still forced to log on with GFWL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom