PC Gamers, get Ready to Die...Dark Souls PC!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Why bother doing a port if you're going to do a below average job on it...

Developers annoy me
Actually from what I've heard it's the publishers you have to blame. It's mostly because they set a really strict time limit, that had to be kept.

Let's look on the bright side. Ninja Blade wasn't the best console port in the world but it still was a pretty damn good game. Maybe it will turn out alright for this one too.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
720p is the reason for that choice I'm guessing

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but 720p is 1280 x 720, not 1024 x 720.

1024 x 720 isn't even a real resolution.

It's sub HD upscaled.

Wow.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Why would you just simply stop at 720p? Da fuq? I think they are just mocking us PC people now...

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Why would you just simply stop at 720p? Da fuq? I think they are just mocking us PC people now...
I think they might aim for what Darksiders II did. Reasonable, but quite low quality, in exchange for hopefully a flawless performance.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
That field of view looks horrendous. How the **** are we meant to see whats happening around us?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Consoles. Due to TV's large pixels, they set the FoV very up close...but no FoV slider in the PC version...we're screwed, unless we can hack it in.

But look how blurry it is!

That looks like you're running 800 x 600 /w FXAA or something!

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
After playing it for a while I dont think this game delivers on its promise. You see, I dont mind the difficulty, but the game is working against me in stupid ways. Like when you hit the walls with your sword it pushes you back a bit and this has led me to fall off the edge quite a few times near that bridge with the dragon where that guy with the spear is. I also fell off the ******* bridge on the 2nd boss fight as he pushed me off and also where that thrusting big boar is, I hit a guy in the shield and I bounced back off the ledge only to get ****ed up by it. This would normally not bother me but when you lose 4 humanity points and lots of souls and also all the mobs respawn every single god damn time you visit that piece of shit save point its so frustrating to die of stupid things like that that shouldnt be allowed to happen in a game in which its so difficult to advance in already, while the player control is not that refined so you can keep off ledges easily. I hate games that are working against the player, and not with him on purpose. To prove my point further, I dragged down a narrow corridor one of those Black Knights with the huge swords and everything to make the games disadvantage work for me but they didn't have 1 damn problem swinging that sword THROUGH the walls unlike what happens to me when I do that. Also, I havent managed to kick off or push off any living mob off a ledge as easily, again, contrary to what easily can happen to me as the player. Everything else I get along with, but the design flaws make it so ****in frustrating to play that I am afraid I will smash my monitor and everything around me (seriously) if I keep playing it.

Oh and another thing. You cant even pause the god damn game. What if I have to answer my house phone? Or my mobile? Or I'm being robbed?

PS: After playing for a while and getting a better weapon (Thanks to Youtube, not the game), I now find it less frustrating to play and am dying less...still find it pretty useless to return to human form though without first exploring a new place. Also, I've noticed I'm getting more scared about dying in the game then I was at the beginning, not sure why....getting sick of losing everything all the time and having to return to my body with the risk of dying again on the way and losing EVERYTHING completely probably? I know I'm ranting but that's my way of self-motivation.

BTW I have applied that fix and it works like a charm, except for when you get close with the camera, then it returns to crappy quality which is weird...

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah.... Knew it would be a bad purchase. Let me know when it drops to the 5$ bin since you're not getting much better then the console here anyway.

@IFlip The game is designed to kill you again and again, to be difficult beyond reason. You raging like that is only showing that it's doing what it is meant to do. I fear for my TV when I play on my playstation all the time, because of how easy it is to throw that batarang of a controller. :)

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yeah.... Knew it would be a bad purchase. Let me know when it drops to the 5$ bin since you're not getting much better then the console here anyway.

@IFlip The game is designed to kill you again and again, to be difficult beyond reason. You raging like that is only showing that it's doing what it is meant to do. I fear for my TV when I play on my playstation all the time, because of how easy it is to throw that batarang of a controller. :)
If that is its design on purpose...where the hell is the fun meant to be at? Who enjoys getting frustrated and stressed? Not much of a story up its ass either...at least it didn't get me intrigued. As soon as I realised I am not actually having fun playing it, I felt so much better and passed on to bigger, better things. Not to be mistaken with giving up. Just wasn't driven by anything to go on.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
The fun is in the challenge.. in after so many tries FINALLY beating that ONE enemy that kept killing you again and again and again.. be that enemy an NPC, or a stage hazard, or whatever. You pass it and gain a sense of accomplishment, like all that hard work finally paid off, and now the next time you come across an enemy like it, you'll be better equipped to deal with it with your new found knowledge.

EDIT:

I would like to add, on the note of not being able to pause the game, that's because it's constantly connected to the internet, and because the multiplayer works the way it does in the game, It's like you're in a constantly running multi-player game. I don't know many of those where I can pause it unless it is strictly a co-op game.. and even then, it's a rarity.

EDIT 2:

I'd also like to note that in my previous post, it seemed like I was bashing those that bought the game, that wasn't meant to be the case. I'm just upset that, already owning a copy for myself, this didn't give me a reason to give a company that has proven they can make good games, even more $. Even without the additional support from the mod guys. it's still a solid buy for anyone that didn't already own it on a console. Just upset they didn't really TRY when porting it.

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The fun is in the challenge.. in after so many tries FINALLY beating that ONE enemy that kept killing you again and again and again.. be that enemy an NPC, or a stage hazard, or whatever. You pass it and gain a sense of accomplishment, like all that hard work finally paid off, and now the next time you come across an enemy like it, you'll be better equipped to deal with it with your new found knowledge.
There's one thing to gain physical experience from a bossfight and become better at a game, a game that actually requires skill and not just headbutting your head against the wall until you go through it, but there is another thing to HAVE to take advantage of the game's limitations. I have played it for 36 hours roughly and I took down quite a few bosses and what I found throughout fighting all of them is that there was no skill involved in killing any of the bosses at all. The first one is all about dodging repeatedly and swinging your sword like a madman in between animations (sums up pretty much most mini boss fights), 2nd one was about repeating the same move over and over(climb tower, jump on its head), the 3rd boss (the twin goliaths) was just all out hack and slash and probably the easiest bosses ever, the Capra Demon was just plain stupid, the only way to beat it was to take advantage of that narrow path which I still consider it some sort of game glitch, then again just jump on its head, the Gaping Dragon was also easy as hell, again just run/dodge, go around the back of it and swing your sword like a madman. I dont know, maybe the bosses get better later. The others I encountered but haven't taken down, for example there is a flying one that I didnt even get warned about needing a bow and arrow for, so obviously I just had to sit there and wait to die (or Alt+F4).

I think I would've just liked some narrated intel on some of these you know? That lackluster of a story is already bad enough. For eg. Andre the blacksmith could've said "Oh hey, btw, there is a giant headless scorpion thing in the next room that shoots lighting".

After playing all of these I realized there wasn't much of a challenge in the game as much as it was a frustration to have to play with the game's limitations, such as uncreative boss fights due to lack of gameplay mechanics. I noticed that the boss fights that were easy were so because the game design wasn't working against me like it usually does by missmatching big/fast bosses and mini-bosses with narrow, small envrionments which is such a cheap thing to do to add challenge to a game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom