Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest i'm not surprised:

Since the release of HL2, the HL community has moved on to the shiny new Source Engine (heck, even Half-Life 1 itself moved onto the shiny new Source Engine :p). Out of those animators who're still willing to work on (and no offence ESF team) a heavily outdated engine, how many are willing to work on a game based on (again, no offence ESF team) Dragonball Z by a request by a virtual stranger? None it would seem.

I'm still a fan after all these years but can't model (or animate) for love nor money. I tried it but I didn't get very far. Gir was making me a video tut but I don't know what happened to it :S

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I've pm'ed a few people on other forums, and even a few of my friends who are friends of the team, and these are the great responses I got:

- Too much work.
- DBZ sucks.
- Half-Life 1 is dead.

Looks like we'll be relying on our own manpower for this one. At least nobody said Tien was boring, unlike some people :S
maybe you could ask the people who said its too much work to do at least one or two. or maybe you could pay someone like a dollar an animation, or maybe the dev team could lend a hand because we are so close ;)

edit:i may have found an animator to do a FEW animations.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude just edit your old one. Your probably going to get a warning for doing this and saying sorry for doing it. Just delete the post and edit your old one.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yikes i havent worked on the animations all frikken day,

forgot all about em, ill get back to tweakin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
yikes i havent worked on the animations all frikken day,

forgot all about em, ill get back to tweakin
how dare you! a small portion of tiens fate is in your hands.

Best answers
in the manga it was stated the krillen was the strongest human.. but GO TIEN!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien wasn't really human.

And this is taking long time... pull together guys! By now someone could have learned how to animate.

Best answers
Is it even slightly possible to get the team to do SOME of the animations? I know it's a community project, but it's come so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope. its up to us and only us. If I knew how to animate, I'd have gotten most of it done myself. But alas...I know nothing outside sprites and sounds.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien was the strongest human in DBZ, so go TIEN XD.
Tien wasn't really human.
Of course he was human, the third eye represented his 'enlightenment'. And Krillin was the strongest Human to a point, but as soon as he married #18, Tien overtook him.

Patriotism ftw o/

Saiyan Knight, if ~Dark Trunks~ is going to do a few animations, he should post here first...

Best answers
Get's pretty tedious writing these lists, but to let everybody know where bouts Tien is. And so we know who the hell is working or willing to work on Tien! If you have any info reguarding this, let me know so i can update the list.

Tien Community Project Overal Status

Sprites = 100% complete (Logan289)
Model = 100% complete (Eclipse)
Skin = 100% complete (Teknik)
Sounds = 100% complete (RavenTrunks + RavenDust)
Animations = 15% complete (Nuttzy + TehMuffinMan + IceMan + ReCkOnInG of FirE + Lord Killmore)

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Of course he was human, the third eye represented his 'enlightenment'. And Krillin was the strongest Human to a point, but as soon as he married #18, Tien overtook him.

Patriotism ftw o/

Saiyan Knight, if ~Dark Trunks~ is going to do a few animations, he should post here first...
i know he said he would give it a shot........ but where is he? you might wanna pm him

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan Knight said:
yah maybe for gotenks you could get kreshi to make his old one better because its probably one of the best fan made models
No.. Just no..

Stop worrying about Gotenks, you ALL begged about Tien being added and the team is letting the community do it. You all asked for Tien to be added. Now you all are worrying about Gotenks? Why worry about Gotenks when you went through all this trouble to get Tien maybe added. Don't let this die, and just finish this project before you go on to another project.

Now get these Animations finished, you guys can do this!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That Gotenks isn't bad just the hair/hairline needs a bit of tweaking.

As for Operation Tien, there's only so much you can do after your jobs been finished. I think Logan's gone on to do some sprites for other things now. I know RavenTrunks has for sound. And I...well...I just used my 2000th post in THE BIG TIEN THREAD :p

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Animations

An excellent job for a community effort I must say, considering the other obligations and hardships in your lives, the amount of work you have accomplished is impressive, at least to my eyes.

For some time now, I have been tracking this thread, in fact since the very beginning, and have gone to lengths to learn to animate models. I am using gmax, primarily because it is free. Earlier I could not help you much since I was much too busy with schoolwork, and I was just learning the very basics.

I am still learning the basics however, but hopefully, I can lend a hand. It would a be a shame to see one of the classic characters from the dragonball series go to waste, especially since the final goal is within sight from the current position.

As I type, I am learning and taking tutorials in animation, but do not get too excited. I am just an absolute beginner, but I hope that with practice and time, I can soon become skilled enough to assist you in your endeavours. I very much appreciate the Tien image, the charcoal shade is quite lovely. I would also be interested in getting Yamcha and Chaotszu involved as well, but I should not get too far ahead of myself.

As you have said before, we must finish this project before continuing anything else, and I shall attempt my best. Perhaps you could give me some assistance with certain particulars of this area of work, I have attempted to step up to match your great perserverence and I hope that it is successful in the end.

May I also say that it is noble of the esf team to allow the community to be involved in this quite wonderful game. I know some of the esf team, and other community members may be skeptical of your performance, speed, and ability, but I think you have done well, considering how much of the 3d comunity has moved on to the hl2 source engine, as was already pointed out. Thank you for reading my post, and have a pleasant time, hopefully your examples will inspire others as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan is starting to sprite for me with the Stars plugin. So you will see some nice new moves sprites from him in that RavenDust..

as for Tien, it is about 85% done, maybe less because thats alot of animating to do, yet thats about all that needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom