Oh snaps free games!?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abandonware is considered "almost legal." But not quite. Unless the developer/publisher/copyright owner has deliberately given up their rights, they hold the rights for (I believe) 80 years.

"Freeware" is a different story.

Best answers
hmm off one of those site they have http://www.liberatedgames.org/

and on liberatedgames.org they have quake 3 anyone know if A. its true that its lega and B. if its legal how do you get the liberated games one to work because i coudln't figure it out

Best answers
there are only 3 games that i know are Legal to download Lure of the Temptris and Beneath a Steel Sky (both downloadable from the company site both made early 90's by Revolution Software),elderscrolls Arena since it's a free download on their offical site. there is one more but i am not sure if it realy is but the EULA for it states you can give it away free not going to say it name since i am not sure if it is legal. but the other 3 games are. and to the above poster Quake 3 is not freeware, its not legal to download it i belive.

Best answers
triebs and tribes 2 and gta1 and gta 2 are all free and official.

Bah i was hoping it was true for quake 3, i don't care at all about the actual game but theres some really cool looking mods out for it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The download it provides for Quake 3 (as far as I understand) is the demo, and the source code. So it doesn't provide the actual game I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One game that is unfortunately, NOT considered official Abandonware, that I'd like to see become so soon, is System Shock 2.

Anyone remember THAT little gem?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
One game that is unfortunately, NOT considered official Abandonware, that I'd like to see become so soon, is System Shock 2.

Anyone remember THAT little gem?
:3 We even still have the game on disc lying around somewhere.

I quite liked it, except for those zombie-like whateverthe****theyares creeping up on you out of nowhere. o_O

I thought the graphics were good for its time, and the fairly deep character development was nice too. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom