Oh, Black Ops...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will admit I was drunk and now I am about out of it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sucks that a $300 PC runs everything like a $1000 PC huh?
Yep and look at fugly console graphics, like GTA4 it lags like ****, cars buildings appear at your nose. PC is way superior to console in all means, but games are made for consoles cause of less piratecy and yeah PC graphics are **** now too, cause most the the games are ports form console with **** textures and paper walls.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh stop being a fanboy, you fanboy. There are more important things in your life.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep and look at fugly console graphics, like GTA4 it lags like ****, cars buildings appear at your nose. PC is way superior to console in all means, but games are made for consoles cause of less piratecy and yeah PC graphics are **** now too, cause most the the games are ports form console with **** textures and paper walls.
GTA4 is totally not the game to use when making the argument that the PC is superior.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh stop being a fanboy, you fanboy. There are more important things in your life.
Nothing is more important than ma PC!!! If i could i'd have sex with it and then it could give birth to new graphics cards and little CPU's!!!

yeaaaa... that was disturbing wasn't it? Sometimes i even surprise myself!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the controllers, but consoles are garbaged for fps. Yea it's great for 3rd person shooters or other booring s*it, but what ever.
You do know there are other games besides FPS, which I happen to play more than FPS and they are more controller/console friendly.

I'll even argue in your favor. I love Just Cause 2 and I have it for PS3. I can record gameplay videos on it because the PS3 version comes with it built in, but on a computer, you can get crisper and prettier graphics, and in the beautiful scenery in Just Cause 2, that's a makes the experience better. The mods that are out also add to the replay value so if anything I would get my money's worth if I got JC2 for PC.

However, to take advantage of the highest graphics, I would need a better machine and lots of cash lying around. I currently have an early 2008 Macbook Pro and even if I were to buy a PC (which really would be detrimental to my education and hopefully future-profession, no offense to Windows users), it would not be financially sound. I would need to purchase a completely new rig breaching in to the thousands. Whenever I get my 27in iMac then I'll be able to play those games, for me, it's nice knowing that PS3 will never have a problem running a game. Yeah it might not have the motion blur, crisper textures, depth of field, anti-aliasing, etc....But those luxuries are not worth the thousands I would have to spend at the moment.

Oh and split-screen co-op. Playing people next to you is still pretty fun as opposed to yelling a kids from a different state.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GTA4 is totally not the game to use when making the argument that the PC is superior.
Agreed. I have both versions of the game for PC and for the 360. I like playing the console version because I know the game won't lag or stutter. I play the PC version for customization and mods and that's pretty much it.

The optimization for PC is horrible. Sadly, San Andreas had horrible optimization too when it was released for PC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually prefer to play FPS on the console. I enjoy myself more and worry less about people having superhuman reflexes and aim (provided by the computer mouse). There's also significantly less cheating in general on the 360 (and I would imagine the PS3 as well, though I haven't played many FPS on that)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do know there are other games besides FPS, which I happen to play more than FPS and they are more controller/console friendly.

I'll even argue in your favor. I love Just Cause 2 and I have it for PS3. I can record gameplay videos on it because the PS3 version comes with it built in, but on a computer, you can get crisper and prettier graphics, and in the beautiful scenery in Just Cause 2, that's a makes the experience better. The mods that are out also add to the replay value so if anything I would get my money's worth if I got JC2 for PC.

However, to take advantage of the highest graphics, I would need a better machine and lots of cash lying around. I currently have an early 2008 Macbook Pro and even if I were to buy a PC (which really would be detrimental to my education and hopefully future-profession, no offense to Windows users), it would not be financially sound. I would need to purchase a completely new rig breaching in to the thousands. Whenever I get my 27in iMac then I'll be able to play those games, for me, it's nice knowing that PS3 will never have a problem running a game. Yeah it might not have the motion blur, crisper textures, depth of field, anti-aliasing, etc....But those luxuries are not worth the thousands I would have to spend at the moment.

Oh and split-screen co-op. Playing people next to you is still pretty fun as opposed to yelling a kids from a different state.
I'm the opposite, I cannot ******* stand split screen, it gives me a headache and confuses me.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Which part you didn't understand when I said it's garbage FOR FPS.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which part you didn't understand when I said it's garbage FOR FPS.
Which part didn't you understand when he said there are other games besides FPS?

The reason I like gaming on a Console more is cause it saves me a **** load of money not worrying about having to upgrade my computer when graphics get even better and worlds grow even larger.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who said you have to keep upgrading when you own a PC?

Because of the popularity of consoles, game technology comes to a stand still after each new generation console release. So as long as you have a PC that can play any game that was simultaneously released for all three hardware, you'd be all set until the next gen release.

Why the heck will you upgrade each time something new comes out, when the games are not even going to use the addition resources?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys, hows the PC performance on Black Ops? I'm not going to upgrade my computer for a while so I was wondering if I should get it on the 360 or on the PC.

I have a 8800 GTS with 2GBs of ram and a 2.4ghz dual core processor. It did play MW2 fairly well, not sure if the performance is worse or better on Black Ops. It also plays WaW fine on Max with no AA

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool then looks like I'm buying it for PC then. I'll probably end up buying the 360 version too anyways.

Last PC game I bought was BC2 and oh boy that was a disappointing experience.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is so horrible that I had to bump this thread. Don't spend your precious $60 bucks on this game. If you have to, get it on the console. Getting the game to work on the PC isn't worth it. Sucks you can't even get a refund for a ****ty console port on Steam.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is it a ****ty console port?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he just keeps getting Tomahawked.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because it's a ****ty console port. It looks worse than MW2, and runs worse, too. Infact, a fan made work-around has proven to increase performance by up to 30%, now if a fan could do that within days...well, that just says it's a ****ty console port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom