Oh, Black Ops...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xbox 360. I play on 360 only.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which part you didn't understand when I said it's garbage FOR FPS.
Yes earlier you said that consoles are "great" for "third persons and other ****, but whatever". The "whatever" is a pretty big deal in the gaming market, so to only look at video game platform quality from the FPS genre, which is overcrowded in my opinion, is not fair.

PC is way superior to console in all means, but games are made for consoles cause of less piratecy and yeah PC graphics are **** now too, cause most the the games are ports form console with **** textures and paper walls.
It is statements like this which lead me to believe you feel the PC is better at everything or only care about FPS, which I why I pointed out not everyone cares about those.

Believe me, if I had a better machine, I'd be playing more computer games. Not more than a console, but I take advantage of the power. And no matter how close consoles get to computers, the sole difference is that the console is a centralized system (besides things like PS3-360 porting woes). Different hardware, software, OSes, graphic cards, processors, etc. are not an issue for developers unless we bring in launch models in to the equation. When something is tested on a PS3, typically it works with all PS3s and when it does not, a patch is made which all PS3s (should) accept.

It's a double edged sword. An individual may have a stronger attachment to their "rig" than their xbox because they customized it and put the effort and money in to getting the parts they needed so they know their computer in and out, and when the next game pushes the belt in *graphics*, they can upgrade to get the best out of this advancement, but this lack of centralization and large gaps of computing abilities acts as a deterrent for the quantity of games.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It is statements like this which lead me to believe you feel the PC is better at everything or only care about FPS, which I why I pointed out not everyone cares about those.

Believe me, if I had a better machine, I'd be playing more computer games. Not more than a console, but I take advantage of the power. And no matter how close consoles get to computers, the sole difference is that the console is a centralized system (besides things like PS3-360 porting woes). Different hardware, software, OSes, graphic cards, processors, etc. are not an issue for developers unless we bring in launch models in to the equation. When something is tested on a PS3, typically it works with all PS3s and when it does not, a patch is made which all PS3s (should) accept.

It's a double edged sword. An individual may have a stronger attachment to their "rig" than their xbox because they customized it and put the effort and money in to getting the parts they needed so they know their computer in and out, and when the next game pushes the belt in *graphics*, they can upgrade to get the best out of this advancement, but this lack of centralization and large gaps of computing abilities acts as a deterrent for the quantity of games.
I almost completely agree with your statement, except for the deterrent for the quantity of games. It's true PC's don't get all the new games the consoles do, and if we do , we usually get a crummy port months later. I think we(and as in "we" i mean us PC gamers) got used to 90's - early 2000's when we almost always got a better product than the consoles, be it better graphics, more content than the console versions. Sure at that time there were a lot of console exclusives i wished i could play back then but most if not all multi-platform games have either been made with PC in mind first or we're ported marvelously. After the rise of the PS2 and later Xbox360 i guess the developers saw that that is an easy way to earn lots of cash quick. PC has been plagued with piracy ever since commercial software existed, and even though piracy regarding consoles is also prominent , the dev's are only blaming the PC. Could it be a marketing ploy, or perhaps they actually believe so, i don't really know.

All i know is that this whole discussion is not fit for this topic. If you have fun playing it shouldn't matter which platform it's on, and you should much less do as i do and attempt to defend your platform since it will all just turn into a silly quarrel based mostly on subjective "facts" such as i've seen coming from Ritmas,Deathshot and me amongst others.

I haven't actually played black ops since i'm kind of discouraged to buy it after the (subjectivness alert) piece of crap which was MW2. Do i blame consoles for it? Partially. Although the only thing that console port took away from us is the lean option, and even if it had a lean option i still think it would be the same unbalanced piece of crap. And also i've heard that there are some performance issues and what not so i'll hold off of buying it for now

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would not let Modern Kidcry 2 affect your thoughts on buying this.

The latest patch for Black Ops kinda disappointed me. The fact that you can "Sound Whore" with Turtle Beaches and Astros again.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, going back to Medal of Honor after playing Black Ops is like playing it for the first time again. I like it so much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom