Oh, Black Ops...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a console game, though...it was designed with the Console market in mind, because they like games like this...games like Halo, where you don't have to put any effort into it. Since the Console is the main target these days, as it brings the most profits, they make it how console users want it. Basically, adding auto-aim & making the enemy not a challenge, even on higher difficulties.

I mean damn, people have checked the logs, and you may or may not have noticed, the game has built in auto-aim for SP, just to make some shots auto-correct and such. Throw in guns having no recoil...I dunno, I don't need super realistic, you know, but I'd like some effort to be required.
Good job generalizing millions of people in one go. That is just plain insulting. Get off your high horse already. Console players are pampered, spoiled kids who don't like a challenge? How about you fire up a game like Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta and try to beat those. You'll come running back to your PC.

I'm sick of pc-players looking down on console-players. Just because we don't spend hundreds of dollars every few months to upgrade our "rig", we're someone less of a gamer? You know why I play on consoles instead of PC? Here it comes, don't be shocked - Comfort. Yeah. Bigscreen TV with DBS and a couch instead of a desk and a 22" monitor. Generalizing an entire demographic because one game-series wants to hold our hand is just insulting and you really should do some more research before you start saying dumb things. I just had to get that off my chest.

TL: DR - Get off your high PC-horse and stop patronizing console players.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Good job generalizing millions of people in one go. That is just plain insulting.
"I'm sick of pc-players looking down on console-players. Just because we don't spend hundreds of dollars every few months to upgrade our "rig", we're someone less of a gamer?" "Bigscreen TV with DBS and a couch instead of a desk and a 22" monitor"
Oh the irony

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't bought a PC game since TF2 released. Eitherway, he was playing the first mission of the game. The first Halo was actually aimed at the PC til they were informed that there was going to be a Microsoft Console made which made them delay production of the game. They last good PC shooter I played was Battlefield 2, and before that was Counter-Strike and Medal of Honor. The reason I moved to Console gaming is because PC doesn't have much to offer unless I wan't to play an MMO. And most of the MMOs have sucks in the past 3 years. The only slightly good one I played was Final Fantasy and even that does need some work.

The only game for PC only that has drawn in a huge crowd would probably be WoW. And even they tried moving it to console as a test on 360 but failed.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The reason I moved to Console gaming is because PC doesn't have much to offer unless I wan't to play an MMO. And most of the MMOs have sucks in the past 3 years. The only slightly good one I played was Final Fantasy and even that does need some work.
Except for most console games(that are multiplatform), superior FPS controls, RTSs and ofc RPGs.
Just sayin'

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot about 1 game for PC. Starcraft. After that. Nothing left on PC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh the irony
Touché. I rant when I'm passionate about something. I just don't see the need to so actively defend the platform of your choice. I don't care what you play your games on. It's the console-wars and fanboyism all over again - Why does liking one platform automatically exclude you from liking others? I have a very decent computer, too. I also own a 360 and PS3. I like them all. But to say one is per definition better than the other is short sighted. Some games are just better suited for PC (say, Starcraft) while others are tailored to consoles (say, any party game). All platforms have their draw and it irks me when someone generalizes the entire console-demographic as being rude and overly competetive. Can't we all just get along? :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Touché. I rant when I'm passionate about something. I just don't see the need to so actively defend the platform of your choice. I don't care what you play your games on. It's the console-wars and fanboyism all over again - Why does liking one platform automatically exclude you from liking others? I have a very decent computer, too. I also own a 360 and PS3. I like them all. But to say one is per definition better than the other is short sighted. Some games are just better suited for PC (say, Starcraft) while others are tailored to consoles (say, any party game). All platforms have their draw and it irks me when someone generalizes the entire console-demographic as being rude and overly competetive. Can't we all just get along? :(
Actually there are various ways people engage in arguments with most of them being subjective. But looking from a technological aspect PC was always superior. I'm not going to go in-depth here because i don't want to start an argument in which is better which will boil down to each owns personal preference, i'll just say that all the plus(es) you've said that go in hand with the consoles can be performed with/on the PC without paying a lot more as many are led to believe. I like consoles but i still game on the PC. Mostly because i'm not very rich and thus i can't really have everything i want, but everyone is missing the point here. Consoles are made purely for entertainment while PC's are multifunctional but can run games as well if not better(from a technological standpoint but only if the PC meets the requirements).

I could have probably written a bit more and made my sentences more coherent but.... oh well... who gives a crap anyway.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually there are various ways people engage in arguments with most of them being subjective. But looking from a technological aspect PC was always superior. I'm not going to go in-depth here because i don't want to start an argument in which is better which will boil down to each owns personal preference, i'll just say that all the plus(es) you've said that go in hand with the consoles can be performed with/on the PC without paying a lot more as many are led to believe.
That depends on what you're comparing. If you're talking about hardware, with the release of a new console, I wouldn't be surprised if the hardware was better than what a PC can offer for about 6 months to a year. Game wise, again, it depends. If you're talking about a fighting game, then it's going to better on a console (unless you're using a controller), same with an RPG like Final Fantasy. I always found shooters way better on the PC, but that doesn't change the fact that I buy shooters for both the consoles and PC.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That depends on what you're comparing. If you're talking about hardware, with the release of a new console, I wouldn't be surprised if the hardware was better than what a PC can offer for about 6 months to a year. Game wise, again, it depends. If you're talking about a fighting game, then it's going to better on a console (unless you're using a controller), same with an RPG like Final Fantasy. I always found shooters way better on the PC, but that doesn't change the fact that I buy shooters for both the consoles and PC.
Wouldn't really count on the next gen consoles to bring hardware superior to the PC's mostly because of their price tags. PS3 brought Blu-Ray and The Cell CPU with the initial price tag of 799$. Also i've heard that in the first year Sony actually lost money rather than gained it since the parts costed more than the consoles selling price. They want to use the cheapest possible parts to gain instead of lose money, and new/ground breaking technology and low price don't go hand in hand. I never said or meant that PC's are superior to consoles in terms of anything else but the technical side. I think of them as equal(subjectivity alert) ,except that PCs might be for more experienced gamers who know what they're doing(mainly talking about building your own gaming PC and well... mods amongst other things)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We rented Black Ops for PS3. It can run it better than my Macbook Pro, I prefer a controller to a keyboard, and I like to multitask on my computer while having a dedicated machine for gaming.

I find COD fun. I am not the best at multiplayer. I don't take it competitively enough, one reason why I do not care for clans. It plays like a movie and has simple combat, but I am having fun, so whatevs.

As origin was saying I prefer games like Bayonetta and what have you then FPS anyway so it works out for me. I would like some games on my computer since graphically they can play it better and the **modding** scene in a huge plus. But I am not upgrading my computer until next year because I don't have thousands to spend at the moment, and that is mostly for my animation needs. It's too much $$$ to upgrade my computer simply for video games when I have a PS3 (then again I'd be buying mac lul).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am waiting for Mac to try and make a Console.... I couldn't type it without taking breaks in between each word. Oh yea. I went there.

But Seriously, I find that Macs are pretty good when it comes to Vocal work and Digital Art.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We rented Black Ops for PS3. It can run it better than my Macbook Pro, I prefer a controller to a keyboard, and I like to multitask on my computer while having a dedicated machine for gaming.

I find COD fun. I am not the best at multiplayer. I don't take it competitively enough, one reason why I do not care for clans. It plays like a movie and has simple combat, but I am having fun, so whatevs.

As origin was saying I prefer games like Bayonetta and what have you then FPS anyway so it works out for me. I would like some games on my computer since graphically they can play it better and the **modding** scene in a huge plus. But I am not upgrading my computer until next year because I don't have thousands to spend at the moment, and that is mostly for my animation needs. It's too much $$$ to upgrade my computer simply for video games when I have a PS3 (then again I'd be buying mac lul).
Yep controller is better when you need auto-aim...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep PC allows aim-bots.
on PC it's cheating/hacking, on consoles it's pretty much a rule
Although i think CoD MP on consoles doesn't have auto aim, that'd explain most of the kills i've seen done are by strafing around aiming at the general area where the chest of the enemy might show up

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only reason consoles have aim-assist is because they know their controllers are garbage for FPS.​

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The only reason consoles have aim-assist is because they know their controllers are garbage for FPS.​
Not the controllers, but consoles are garbaged for fps. Yea it's great for 3rd person shooters or other booring s*it, but what ever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the controllers, but consoles are garbaged for fps. Yea it's great for 3rd person shooters or other booring s*it, but what ever.
And why is a console garbage for FPS? Yes, you are right; because of the controllers, other than that, the fact that a console is a console doesn't change anything when playing a FPS. Controllers just don't work as good as a mouse. That said, I love my PS3, and I even like CoD on it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Consoles are assured to be able to run the game. PCs are not.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember in my youth always questioning why a console could play a game, like my PS2 perfectly, while my PC was struggling with games. Really now, when I see other people ask questions like that, I get pissed though, cause I now know better, and realize just how stupid it is to think that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom