Oh, Black Ops...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to say its nice to see them putting skill back into sniping. I have been the only one sniping since I started playing. They added a Halo Reach style buying system.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty much the other modern warfares with a new storyline. They added sliding (although it's more like you're throwing yourself into the prone) and you can lean to the sides (to a lesser degree than Medal of Honor), which is nice. Late, but nice. Gameplay is the same as its predecessors. I like where they're going with what little they have in the way of the storyline. I haven't beaten it yet, so no final judgments, but thus far they've taken a good concept (something along the lines of MKUltra), and have done absolutely nothing with it. I'm just bouncing from theater to theater during the least effectual interrogation ever. But again, I like what they were trying to do. I just hope they can follow through and turn this into something more than lost potential.

As far as realism goes, there isn't much to be found in this game. Very arcadey, which is what people are looking for when they jump into Call of Duty.
You're such a soldier...:p

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;q0zVL8IRRvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zVL8IRRvo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROFL!

That is pretty hilarious.

Screenshot of me with my Shotty.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's a step up from World at War. It's not a bad game. I liked MW2 much more though. This doesn't induce that same awesome Infinity Ward feeling.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it does show that there is more then 3 guns in the game.

Fight Club parts happen in this game. IE. One man two people inside.

btw
[video=youtube;w2BA4GLZuDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2BA4GLZuDQ[/video]

Castro makes fun of Nixon pretty bad.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
without spoilers, what is the campaign like? Do you go on super secret missions and kill important people or something?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea you do. I mean it is ******* insane at the things you do. This isn't a spoiler but... There is a Spaz-12 that you use that has Fire Blast Rounds in it. This campaign is beast!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of that open war bull**** that was in all the other COD games? Sounds pretty awesome... might try to get it for the 360 later today. biggest problem is im gonna have to get access to xbl again T_T

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the story is you are trying to kill Castro and all from what I have seen so far. Dunno how long it is.

This game is one of those games that will actually take skill to play. I mean you can get started easy in MW2. This is more of a realism Arcade.
Skill to play? What? It hasn't required skill to play since COD2. MW was fun, but a arcade shooter, and so has all that has followed after it. Sorry, but no recoil, no bullet deviation, bullet spread, HP that Regens if you wait 3 seconds, YES, JUST 3!, Maps that are smaller than Counter-Strikes(Which are small as is!), and gun-play that is laughable...the sounds are remuxed from stuff they found off Google, no weapons feel like they have any "OMPHF" like the first two CODs did, and recently BC2 did.

So sick of these arcade run & gun shooters coming out every year.

The story is being completed in as little as 3 hours as some, and 4-5 hours by the slow ones. The story also ends up going no where. You learn nothing about what happened, basically.

I miss the old Call of Duty...it used to have a nice feel to it, kinda like a upgraded Day of Defeat...but now it's like a rail shooter, enemies constantly spawn and come at you until you progress. I find that annoying. I also find it annoying that we're black ops, supposed to be sneaking around, yet during most missions we kill a couple HUNDRED guys, just the 4 of us...not really covert / black ops there...

Alot of these feels like Call of Duty's response to BC2 / BC2 Vietnam, considering the era and some of the settings are exactly alike. Overall I don't think it'll do too well.

97,445 97,445 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer

Almost 100k players according to Steam, MW2 had about that at release, but it's dropped by half in just a year.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I beat the campaign in about 5 hours.

This game almost feels like an attempt by the C.I.A. to explain the Kennedy assassination, as well as prequeling the sensationalist Cold War plot that MW2 had. I recognized Ed Harris, Gary Oldman, and Ice Cube as some of the voice actors in the game.

The multiplayer isn't as flashy as MW2s, since it's set in the late 60s, but it's nice to no longer deal with nuke boosters... and having attack dogs as a killstreak ability is hilarious. Also, the maps are a mix between boring and horrible... I wish when Nuketown gets nuked it would stop appearing on the vote.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you did not learn anything from the Campaign then you are fully retarded. It sounds like you are just nit picking. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Snipers are harder to use because you can't quick scope easily. The weapons have a more to them. The perks give your character the feel it should.

The only problem is that people on PC get random lag.

Ice Cube played Bowman and he did a pretty good job too.

They also lowered the Killstreaks and got rid of some and made some. Nuke town is ok for FFA but even still that one kinda is too small for the game. The maps fit perfect for me personally.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skill to play? What? It hasn't required skill to play since COD2. MW was fun, but a arcade shooter, and so has all that has followed after it. Sorry, but no recoil, no bullet deviation, bullet spread, HP that Regens if you wait 3 seconds, YES, JUST 3!, Maps that are smaller than Counter-Strikes(Which are small as is!), and gun-play that is laughable...the sounds are remuxed from stuff they found off Google, no weapons feel like they have any "OMPHF" like the first two CODs did, and recently BC2 did.

So sick of these arcade run & gun shooters coming out every year.

The story is being completed in as little as 3 hours as some, and 4-5 hours by the slow ones. The story also ends up going no where. You learn nothing about what happened, basically.

I miss the old Call of Duty...it used to have a nice feel to it, kinda like a upgraded Day of Defeat...but now it's like a rail shooter, enemies constantly spawn and come at you until you progress. I find that annoying. I also find it annoying that we're black ops, supposed to be sneaking around, yet during most missions we kill a couple HUNDRED guys, just the 4 of us...not really covert / black ops there...

Alot of these feels like Call of Duty's response to BC2 / BC2 Vietnam, considering the era and some of the settings are exactly alike. Overall I don't think it'll do too well.

97,445 97,445 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer

Almost 100k players according to Steam, MW2 had about that at release, but it's dropped by half in just a year.
Do yourself a favor and play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, that's not really a good game. Kinda so so.

I'm not talking about complete realism, but to say anything about COD is realistic is laughable.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;sQYVRTOg4BY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYVRTOg4BY[/video]

One thing that makes me love this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could say he hit him in his... achilles heel.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;n1t7_LZiXTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1t7_LZiXTI[/video]

Just having fun in Black Ops. :D

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, i remember doing those in the first Modern Warfare with some friends. Ahhh... Good times. ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happy they took Commando out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom