Official Diablo 3 thread

Best answers
everyone knew that rune was frostmourn.

But it doesnt explain why the Diablo 2 Hel Rune is on the right and the protoss logo is at the bottem.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I r saw on Digg. I read that one of the runes belong to Diablo and the other one belongs to Starcraft.

What if its just a announcement of Diablo 3, the release date for Starcraft 2, and Wrath of Lich King?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The rune on Frostmourne is also the Shael rune.

But so far, people are also saying...

Rune of Diablo 2, Frostmourne Rune, Protoss rune.

Best answers
It's not the Shael rune.. The curves are all wrong and about half of the aditional carves of the Shael rune are missing from the Frostmourne rune..

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Publicity ftw.
Just think for a sec, Wrath of the Lich King is old news, same with Starcraft.
The only possible thing left to release with the splash (as they've done before) is Diablo 3.
The ice is to throw you off to WotLK, ditto with other resemblances to Starcraft.

What are they going to put? "HEY GUYS! GUESS WHAT?! NEW RACE IN STARCRAFT 2!" or "ZOMG ... WotLK HYPE! OR SOMETHING.."

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sincerely hope that this won't be made out as a 3rd-person RPG / MMORPG, but instead , from the bird-perspective just like Diablo 1 and 2.
Yeah, definitely. Also it better not seem as cartoon-y as WC3 and WoW are. This game better be freakin dark.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, definitely. Also it better not seem as cartoon-y as WC3 and WoW are. This game better be freakin dark.
If they make it like Warcraft, you can imagine this:

If it's in Diablo graphics, you can imagine it like this:

Best answers
WC has always had the cartoony look and feel to it.. Diablo hasn't, so why would they upset fans by going cartoony?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WC has always had the cartoony look and feel to it.. Diablo hasn't, so why would they upset fans by going cartoony?
Easy. Make it available for kids. Also, Warcraft is doing absolutely amazing in profit, and blizzard is greedy.

Another thing I hope is they don't give creatures bra's. I'd personally rather have demon amazon ladies running around topless with raptor legs and bows, then clothed up. Think of Andariel, in Act 1.

Best answers
I wouldn't be playing WoW if it had realistic graphics.. I wouldn't play Diablo 3 if it had cartoony looks.. Some games fit one artstyle, some another.

Come to think of it, I've never liked Diablo.. The community destroyed it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
Come to think of it, I've never liked Diablo.. The community destroyed it.
How so? I've never really been part of the community, which is why I ask. I don't think a community can really destroy a game... Well, the single player aspect anywho.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How so? I've never really been part of the community, which is why I ask. I don't think a community can really destroy a game... Well, the single player aspect anywho.
Playing on Blizzard's network never was fun for me, but it was always a good game to go through single player or stay up all night playing with friends who have it. Which is what I intend to do.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you connect the runes, it's forming into a sort-of-pentagram.

Best answers
to me its looks like the ice is melting in a way like its getting somewhat forced open, otherwise the center wouldnt be melting all of it would.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom