Official Diablo 3 thread

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablo 3.

France has the most Diablo fans (Blizzcon at Paris), just like Korea has the StarCraft fans (last year's Blizzcon was at Seoul).
So logically, it's going to be Diablo 3.

Last edited:

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's Diablo 3.

Edit- There are also two images released aside from the splash.
It has been directly linked to Michael Dashow, a primary artist for Diablo 2 with his signature purple walrus.
The image names are (04.jpg) and (15.jpg) which are also linked to being D and O in the alphabet.

Last edited:
Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Didn't the Diablo team get the flick by Blizzard? Hence the creation of Hellgate London...

Plus all 3 stones were destroyed and no greater evil was ever mentioned so creating a third Diablo would be a bit silly but then again, Blizzard have been contradictory to themselves in the past...

Last edited:
Best answers
the three prime evils are destoryed but there is still lesser evils about, but I for one would <3 a diablo 3 game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Belial (for example) could play a major role in this one with some out-the-ass ressurection of Diablo and his brothers.

I'm 99% positive it's Diablo 3 because Blizzard just acquired the domain from DiabloFans (that is, the US domain, not the EU domain, which already belonged to Blizzard).

Best answers
only 2 lesser evils left:

Belial, Lord of Lies
Azmodan, Lord of Sin

andMephisto's kids
Lilith Lucion

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really know the "lore" but isn't Tal Rasha a prime evil? What happened to him/her?

Edit: For all we know, something could of happened to the "hero" in Diablo 2.

Best answers
Tal Rasha was just the keeper of baal's soul stone. Baal was released on act 2 then LoD focuses on him.

*EDIT* pretty bad discription, Tal Rasha is pretty much trying to hold back Baal's soul when the soul stone is pulled from his chest he in turn dies and Baal is reborn so no more Tal Rasha

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is also some retarded thinking, but perhaps the when the World Stone was broken, Diablo, and Mephisto was revived, or something.

Either way, the destruction of the World Stone will probably play a big role in Diablo 3.

Best answers
This is also some retarded thinking, but perhaps the when the World Stone was broken, Diablo, and Mephisto was revived, or something.

Either way, the destruction of the World Stone will probably play a big role in Diablo 3.
Yes the World Stone is going to be a big part, somewhat grabbing at nothing here but I think where it was destoryed its going to ruin the balance between heaven, earth and hell and there creating holes or portals if you will to heaven and hell, therefor making earth a battlefield between the two. Which would explain on the poster why by the looks of it a hole is opening up on earth (maybe the barb lands?) where the World Stone was located in the first place.

But thats just me grabbing at nothing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come to think of it, Baal's soulstone was never destroyed was it? The worldstone was destroyed, not his soulstone. He could still come back, right?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes the World Stone is going to be a big part, somewhat grabbing at nothing here but I think where it was destoryed its going to ruin the balance between heaven, earth and hell and there creating holes or portals if you will to heaven and hell, therefor making earth a battlefield between the two. Which would explain on the poster why by the looks of it a hole is opening up on earth (maybe the barb lands?) where the World Stone was located in the first place.

But thats just me grabbing at nothing.
Possibly. There was also a post on the WoW forums that there's a shade of red behind the blue. The size of the splash expanded from yesterday, as well. Does anybody know what those circles are on the left and right side?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a pretty weird thing. Shael rune is #13, 13th letter of the alphabet is M.

Hel rune is #15, 15th letter of the alphabet is O.

D-O-M-O
D-O-O-M?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DOMO arigato Damaera. LOL.

And yea those circles definitely look like runes, maybe to try and stop the crack/hole from getting bigger? Or at least to hold the evil at bay for a little longer.

Best answers
Come to think of it, Baal's soulstone was never destroyed was it? The worldstone was destroyed, not his soulstone. He could still come back, right?
no nothing is said about it but Baal's soulstone was already in a somewhat broken state thats why he wore it around his neck rather then having it still on his body like diablo had. The reason Tal Rasha had the soul stone placed in him was because it was unstable due to being broken and he could break free at anytime.

So im guessing when you destoryed Baal in turn you 100% killed him as his soul was not bound to the Stone in the first place due to its weaken state not being able to contain his soul.

Thats me guessing again.

This forum needs moar Diablo talk I miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom