Official Diablo 3 thread

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Watch this movie: [video=youtube;geuAc8F7Gt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geuAc8F7Gt0[/video]

The one thing is that the story of Diablo is an epic story, and it's a shame you haven't played the first or second game. I would suggest that you watch a youtube video on the lore of Diablo so that you can enjoy the game a little more.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Read everything now, including all of the side links to other characters, locations and happenings. Up.To.Date. Still really pissed of that we have a Witch Doctor instead of a Necromancer, they are so much cooler!

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So yeah, I honestly can't believe this shit is coming out in under 24 hours. This is so weird.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
True dat! But it's shit! Scumbag Blizzard releasing Diablo 3 that I've been actively waiting for and following since the announcement in 08' during an "exam week"!

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sucks to be you

I'm going to finish work tomorrow, Go get my copy and my wifes copy and then go home and wait for midnight in USA so I can play

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Downloading now!

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt the game will be playable on launch, especially singleplayer. So, I will hold on and get it later, most likely two weeks after launch.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Singleplayer isn't available at all.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not. Diablo 3 is multiplayer only and doesn't allow singleplayer play at all. If you're not on the internet, you're shit out of luck and can't play Diablo 3. They did the same thing with Starcraft 2, which is honestly bullshit. But whatever.

And just for clarification, by singleplayer, I mean off-line mode where you're always playing by yourself.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nowhere in the definition of the word "singleplayer" is "must be offline" mentioned. By your definition, however, the Assassin's Creed 2 is a multiplayer game.
Singleplayer means a game mode where the user plays by him/herself. Therefore, Diablo always had and will always will have a singleplayer mode, even if you require an internet connection to play.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Your definition is broken

Single player is playing by yourself, you can just not let other people play with you.

SCII Had a great single player campaign. Doesn't matter if you had to be online to do it.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure why you're bringing up Assassin's Creed 2, because it never had a multiplayer mode, nor do you need to have a connection to play it.

And I really disagree with that. You can always make the game private, but you're always in multiplayer mode while playing Diablo 3.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can make the game public which lets anyone and everyone in otherwise it's default state is private and therefore Single Player

Just tell your friends to go away so you are the SINGLE human player in the game

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My point about Starcraft 2 was that it's pretty extreme to require an internet connection to play the campaign. I've always been against stuff like that, but there's not much I can do.

As a side note, they unlocked the installer. If you downloaded Diablo 3, run it so you can have your client fully updated and ready to go at 12.

edit:

12 more hours...

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt the game will be playable on launch, especially singleplayer. So, I will hold on and get it later, most likely two weeks after launch.
There is no single player, it's all online. To play by yourself, you create a game and make it private, but you're still online.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can make the game public which lets anyone and everyone in otherwise it's default state is private and therefore Single Player

Just tell your friends to go away so you are the SINGLE human player in the game
You're playing by yourself, but it's not necessarily single player. As Mkilbride stated, you're always online in mutliplayer mode no matter what. If you're playing by yourself, your lobby is just either closed or private.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom