Offering a download server.

Best answers
Sorry I already mentioned this in another thread. I thought it would get over looked by the ESF team, so I decided to start a new thread.

I currently have 5 gigs of web space, with a pretty good download rate. I am not sure of the exact download rate, but I think it is very good. I wouldn't mind using my server to help with the downloading process. Could a ESF team member/mod reply please, I would like to know if this would be any help to you guys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure this could be done by PM'ing Mastasurf, as he is the leader and probably the one in charge of dishing out the release to the mirrors.

Best answers
I see, I am sort of new to these forums. I will try to PM him when I can.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you say you're new, so I'll let you know, your sig is 50 pixels too large in height. Maximum allowed size is 600*200.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
think closely about hosting it ... surely we are glad about every mirror but i think esf1.2 will at least take up to 500gig traffic / day ... our april fool 1.2 zip on esf-world would have token 300gigs but it was seted up with 230mb .. the real 1.2 setup will be even bigger. plus, it was only on our site ... when 1.2 is out it will be announced on the esforces website aswell and that will cause many many more downloads .... ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well dj, if he doesn't mind hosting it, even though it'l make his site go down for a bit, every little helps =P at least people will be able to download off there for a little bit.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like everyone else said, get in contact with me. First check with your host and see what your transfer limit is. Then pm or email me with your information. If you have a 5gig transfer limit it wouldn't be worth putting on the main mirror list because you can only get 20-25 downloads out of that. Never the less, get in contact with me and we'll find a use for whatever hosting you can provide. :]

Best answers
I have over 5 gig bandwith, I have 5 gigs of web-space. I will ask my dad for all the specs, and I will post them up when I can.

On another note, I have nothing on this site.. so I don't care if it goes down due to downloading. If I have to, I will use my secondary server to. Even if my sever lets 20-30 people download, atleast it helped.

*Edit* I doubt my server can support mass amounts of downloads, but I am still willing to put it up for your use. If you decide to, can you send me a an IM on AIM. AIM: SupaTroop69

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom