Off-topic forum post count

Should post count be enabled for Off-Topic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Sky

I know you have the very last word, but I guess not counting off-topic posts was a regulation
when the userbase was much more immature. But in the end it doesn't make a difference.
People wouldn't suddenly brag with their humongous e-peen of posts. They could do that now.
People also wouldn't start spamming for posts, since they could already do it in ESF chat, the newbie section,
suggestions section, artwork, models, maps and misc section (not really sure if all these count, but artwork and modelling do).

If however, calculating or storing the mass of posts puts a massive strain on the server/database, then that's a very valid reason for not doing it.
But in the end it's really up to you.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've done it on the old forums, and here is the result:

Before the recalculations:

After the recalculations:

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No, It ain't right.. Don't you think it is a little odd that my username (and possible more users) has disappeared from the list? My post count has decreased from 4k+ to 602.

This will recalculate all of your user's post counts based on their CURRENT posts in the database. Do not run this if you have pruned posts, manually changed post counts, or imported from another forum package and you wish to maintain your users' current counts. Your members' post counts will PROBABLY decrease so only run this if you believe you really need to! Once they decrease you cannot bring them back up without restoring your database or manually editing each user. You have been warned!
It seemed to have effected my post count (and I bet many others) badly. So I'd rather not recalculate it on this forum.

Last edited:
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why couldn't I be on the list you chose~~? :pout:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
This is your post count Sailor:
Total Posts: 2,010 (1.06 posts per day)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess many posts were lost during the period with database problems

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whuut, from place 12 to 14. ^^ :D i never thought i oculd spamm so much at this place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess it would be best if we could log into the old forums to check for ourselves.

Btw want to know mine too^^

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I will have decreased since I was deleted and re-installed

Too bad since I post off-topic now

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm curious of mine.

Also
No, It ain't right.. Don't you think it is a little odd that my username (and possible more users) has disappeared from the list?
If it's on the old forums, it might be before the user template was fixed. I remember some user groups not appearing on the list at all. Hell, beta testers still don't appear on the user list.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If it's on the old forums, it might be before the user template was fixed. I remember some user groups not appearing on the list at all. Hell, beta testers still don't appear on the user list.
That has nothing to do with the template, but rather an option of "showing in membership list". Also, read the warning I have given regarding recalculating the post count.. It may have a big effect on a lot of users, and I'd rather not wanting to risk that. And no, I cannot give you the link of the old forums, as that would be against the license agreement of the vbulletin forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom