Obama

G
Spunky said:
Why can't we just let 9/11 go? Speculation is a waste of energy at this point.
Because the consequences of it were drastic and changed every aspect of the political scene today, but most people aren't sure what happened. Even those that don't care about the speculation or theories and those that remain apathetic don't actually understand or know what happened, I've met people that don't even know Washington was hit.

New employment? On a similar note, I want to try something; does anyone know who these people are in the following pictures?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched it live on my laptop :D. I loved the part when he addressed the cynics for some reason. And how he said something about a black person not being able to eat at certain restaurants, and now one is swearing in as the President of the USA. I expected his last lines to be a bit more profound though.

I think it's a pretty big deal he is the first black President. Of course his color won't mean **** if he were to screw things up even more, but it took 44 Presidents to have the representative of our country, the so called "melting pot", to not be a white male.

And yes, if it were the first Asian American President, it'd still be important, just not so much on a personal level.

And I am glad that those who did not support him can put their chin ups and follow their President where he does good. I just hope that you genuinely did not favor his policies. Sometimes I feel like some people who are either for another candidate, or just anti-Obama, build up a "holier than thou" attitude because of the trend of less-informed people supporting Obama "because it's cool", and then equate that attitude to all Obama supporters.

I want to see this man do good, and prove to the cynics that he is not just a black empty suit with a nice smile.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obama is only half black. I think Obama may just be a milky transition into a long line of fully black presidents.

<embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/videoplayer2/flvplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" flashvars="file=http://www.theonion.com/content/xml/89632/video&autostart=false&image=http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/NOTHING_TO_TALK_ABOUT_article.jpg&bufferlength=3&embedded=true&title=Obama%20Win%20Causes%20Obsessive%20Supporters%20To%20Realize%20How%20Empty%20Their%20Lives%20Are" width="400" height="355">http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/videoplayer2/flvplayer.swf
Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
Obama is only half black. I think Obama may just be a milky transition into a long line of fully black presidents.

<embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/videoplayer2/flvplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" flashvars="file=http://www.theonion.com/content/xml/89632/video&autostart=false&image=http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/NOTHING_TO_TALK_ABOUT_article.jpg&bufferlength=3&embedded=true&title=Obama%20Win%20Causes%20Obsessive%20Supporters%20To%20Realize%20How%20Empty%20Their%20Lives%20Are" width="400" height="355">http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/videoplayer2/flvplayer.swf
Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are
That video speaks the truth about some of the people I see downtown lol.

But even though he's half-white (which a lot of people do omit, admittedly), America still has this colloquial "one drop" rule, meaning that if you have a significant amount of African American blood in you, you're "black". Obama is darker than me and I am almost full black.

But that also probably stems from my opinion on biracial people. There are others with a more strict (whether positive or negative) view on people of mixed races.

Best answers
OMG i love barack obama i may live in the uk i even have an barack obama for president poster but i never turned in to a zombie because he is now sworn in as the president lol

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
That video speaks the truth about some of the people I see downtown lol.

But even though he's half-white (which a lot of people do omit, admittedly), America still has this colloquial "one drop" rule, meaning that if you have a significant amount of African American blood in you, you're "black". Obama is darker than me and I am almost full black.

But that also probably stems from my opinion on biracial people. There are others with a more strict (whether positive or negative) view on people of mixed races.
Funny that this is brought up. I'm a pretty big mix myself. Both of my parents are from different countries, my Father being from Guatemala, and my Mother from Argentina. My mother's family left Europe during World War II, and she's thoroughly mixed between Spaniard, French, German, and Italian influences. While I have a hispanic last name, and I am technically hispanic on all the paperwork, I'm only half when it's all worked out. Hispanic people don't consider me hispanic, and whites don't consider me white. He's between a rock and a hard place, and society just doesn't accept multiple choice on the race question.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
Because the consequences of it were drastic and changed every aspect of the political scene today, but most people aren't sure what happened. Even those that don't care about the speculation or theories and those that remain apathetic don't actually understand or know what happened, I've met people that don't even know Washington was hit.

New employment? On a similar note, I want to try something; does anyone know who these people are in the following pictures?

if i had to take a wild guess, i'd go with bushs grandfather

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's Osama Bin Laden, and most likely President Carter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barack Obama's foreign policy advisor Zbigniew Brzezinsk with Osama Bin Laden. Bin Laden's CIA codename at the time was Tim Osman. His family is one of the richest in Saudi and in bed with the Bushes and Queen of England at the Carlysle Group and many other projects.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanted to be president...

He really seems to be making big promises, closing Guantanamo Bay and removing troops from the Middle East. The question is if he can/will do it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He definitely can, and it's more than fair to assume he will.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im indifferent to be honest, i was going to vote mccain just because he was the comfortable choice. More of the same for me was easier to stomach than all of this "ZOMG CHANGE" being strewn about. UNTIL he snagged palin to try and steal all of Hilary's would be voters that is. It was blatantly obvious thats the only reason she was there, in the least thats how I interpreted it.

I started seeing Mccain as a royal douchebag around this time,

and obama?

i didnt NOT like him, just he didnt have the experience I think shouldve beeen required for the job. I mean, to date all he has accomplished is making a few speeches here and there. It was his skin color, not his policies that won this election. One needs only watch the interviews with his supporters to verify this.

i cant count how many people who were interviewed after the inauguration clearly only supported him because of his skin color. We may as well had OJ simpson running in his place, thats all the majority of his "biggest supporters" cared about anyways.

"so why are you voting for obama"
-
"ITS ABOUT TIME WE HAD A BROTHER IN THE WHITE HOUSE"
-
"what about his policies?"
-
"WHO GIVES A ****, HES MAH *****"

a bit extreme? yes. But thats the general message most of these people sent out.

If you asked me who i officially supported though, I would have to say obama because I liked his VP. Funny how that works, I really liked Joe Biden's character.

as for obama himself, well,... as far as politics go he is a "new guy", a wildcard, He may do good, or he may do horrible. The way the economy is going right now we shouldn't have left that up to chance.

i also dont think now was a good time for the first black president, You know this entire mess is going to be pinned on him if he isnt able to do a complete turnaround on the economy. And then how many black presidents do you see in our future?

History will show that it was obama in office when the **** hit the fan.

edit**

Damaera said:
t it's really quite a shame that we have people who want to kill him just because he's black.
i dont see why, I think its a shame that he got most of his votes because he was black, but Ive already got into that =P

now if you'll excuse me I think my medicine is kicking in, see you guys tomorrow XD

G
imkongkong said:
Barack Obama's foreign policy advisor Zbigniew Brzezinsk with Osama Bin Laden. Bin Laden's CIA codename at the time was Tim Osman. His family is one of the richest in Saudi and in bed with the Bushes and Queen of England at the Carlysle Group and many other projects.
Third time right on the spot. That's Brezinski, Obama's foreign policy advisor and long time supporter (sometimes called Obama's closest advisor during the early elections) training/trading with Osama Bin Laden during the Afghan proxy war.
He's also an extreme conservative and wrote several books focusing on how he believes America is the only super power that has ever existed and will rise to be the government of the entire Earth, he even used the infamous phrase one-world government in a positive light, that he wanted America to run the world.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pieter Paul Rubens said:
So Obama took the oath a second time and did it flawless this time. All is well?
Wait just one second! He didn't even put his hand on the bible the second time! Is he REALLY president?

I kid you not, Fox news said this.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Sub said:
Wait just one second! He didn't even put his hand on the bible the second time! Is he REALLY president?

I kid you not, Fox news said this.
Fox should replace wikipedia.

At Nuttzy: I can't speak for everyone, but I voted for Obama because of what he said, not because Obama has different pigments than I do.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What do you know, this thread has become "live". Nifty with so many members checking out this thread.

Best answers
People are setting him up for a big fall. He simply can't live up to the expectations people are expecting of him. I pity him.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
jtabs said:
People are setting him up for a big fall. He simply can't live up to the expectations people are expecting of him. I pity him.
No, people are not. People are expecting him to **** things up, because of his lack of experience, and the fact that we were with a terrible president for 8 years who couldn't get anything right. For the most part, everyone wants him to succeed whether they admit it or not. Because no one wants to live in a ****ty country. People that hate him, may want him to screw up just so they could say "told you so" they're ignorant, and need to grow up.

Aside from that, people want Obama to do all the things he says he'll do, because that will strengthen our country, and our economy. But no one expects things to get better because we're just used to crappyness.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a long time since somebody so young and charismatic was president of the US. I said it before the election, but this will go miles to repair the image of America, that has been seriously damaged in recent years.

I actually think he's done a magnificent thing by bringing in people with varied views into his cabinet, a bunch of yes men never provide fantastic solutions to anything, fully argued decisions are always more concise and effective than wishy-washy ones that are passed through without a second thought. It may take longer to reach a decision, but at least it would be fully thought out and scrutinised.

The economical crisis cannot be pinned on him in anyway, this was a ****-up by the banks, the worst thing that our governments did was to not regulate them, Obama cannot be held responsible for policies and systems that had been in place since the 90's. The solution is what is important, and he's done the most important thing, and told people that they a key factor in the crisis, which is very true, the spirit of a nation is incredibly important during hard times. Bail outs are not making any difference, and I would be less confident with McCain in charge of the economy, since he was well known for saying a lot, and doing very little, flip flopping from side to side or doing the complete opposite of what he claimed he would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom