Obama

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snowm@n said:
You would not even say a word if so many people were in front of you waiting for a speech.

I'd say that he did allright.
While I can do public speaking, and as a manager, I have done so several times to large groups of employees, I have never had the chance to speak in front of the entire planet. Therefore, your claim is rediculous. :yes:

Besides, his speech was flawless, even if I didn't agree with every sentiment. It was his oath bungling that I had issues with. Especially how he skipped "I will" in the "Defend the Constitution" part.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DiebytheSword said:
While I can do public speaking, and as a manager, I have done so several times to large groups of employees, I have never had the chance to speak in front of the entire planet. Therefore, your claim is rediculous. :yes:

Besides, his speech was flawless, even if I didn't agree with every sentiment. It was his oath bungling that I had issues with. Especially how he skipped "I will" in the "Defend the Constitution" part.
Again, Obama did not screw up the oath, Roberts did.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/CNN_Roberts_screwed_up_oath_of_0120.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obama is probably going to have -SUCH- a difficult presidency.

Why?

Look how outstandingly high the hope for him is. One slip up and everyone hates him. Everyone is also expecting such amazing things in short time.

but, along side cuc, my dislike for him is no more and he's my president now, so I need to support what he does and hope he does a good job.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DiebytheSword said:
Obama has made speeches to milions of people several times and did nice in mostly of them...if not all of them. Even if you have some experiences it would not change the fact that you would have difficulties speaking to the world. I make 2 powerPoint presentations per year, in front of a hundred people during 20 min each, wich 5 people are putting pressure on me, and still get nervous sometimes, and the man didnt even sweat....he's a natural leader, no doubt about that.

Besides, you as a manager when speaking to your employes, they problably dont pressure you to save your company, but that is just me assuming, dont get offensed.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snowm@n said:
Obama has made speeches to milions of people several times and did nice in mostly of them...if not all of them. Even if you have some experiences it would not change the fact that you would have difficulties speaking to the world. I make 2 powerPoint presentations per year, in front of a hundred people during 20 min each, wich 5 people are putting pressure on me, and still get nervous sometimes, and the man didnt even sweat....he's a natural leader, no doubt about that.

Besides, you as a manager when speaking to your employes, they problably dont pressure you to save your company, but that is just me assuming, dont get offensed.
Oh I'm not offended at all, just pointing out that your claim that I would lock up in front of a crowd was completely baseless.

As for Sub, Roberts did indeed screw up the oath, but that was only once. Obama did three other errors all on his own. I'm not bashing him here, this is video captured proof, you can't argue your way out of it by loving him more.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
God, wow, he messed up three times in his oath? What a terrible president, he's like bush, except black. Hate him already.

Really if you're going to hate a president because he ****ed up talking in front of millions of people, you need to seriously reconsider why you feel the need to bash this person.

I've seen you make a few typos in your life time cuc, should I hate you for it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Queen Elizabeth I said:
God, wow, he messed up three times in his oath? What a terrible president, he's like bush, except black. Hate him already.

Really if you're going to hate a president because he ****ed up talking in front of millions of people, you need to seriously reconsider why you feel the need to bash this person.

I've seen you make a few typos in your life time cuc, should I hate you for it?
Cucumba said:
Obama did three other errors all on his own. I'm not bashing him here
stop trying to get the last word in QE. you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Jesus said:
stop trying to get the last word in QE. you're just making yourself look like an idiot.
Except, he is bashing him, Obama didn't mess up. It's blatanly obvious if you actually watch it, or read it.

ROBERTS: Are you prepared to take the oath, Senator?
OBAMA: I am.
ROBERTS: I, Barack Hussein Obama...
OBAMA: I, Barack--
ROBERTS: ...do solemnly swear...
OBAMA: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear...
ROBERTS: ...that I will execute the office of president to the United States faithfully...
OBAMA: ...that I will execute... [pause]
ROBERTS: ...faithfully the office of president of the United States...
OBAMA: ...the office of president of the United States faithfully...
ROBERTS: ...and will, to best of my ability...
OBAMA: ...and will to [the] best of my ability...
ROBERTS: ...preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
OBAMA: ...preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
ROBERTS: So help you God?
OBAMA: So help me God.
ROBERTS: Congratulations, Mr. President.

He is bashing him, if he wasn't he'd let something so small as a screw up he didn't even do, go.

Stop trying to watch my every move so you can warn me, it makes you look like an idiot.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares? Wouldn't you make mistakes if you were being seen by millions of people on live TV? I know I would. I'm sure you would too.

Cuc said he wasn't bashing him, and he doesn't hate him. The whole argument about him hating/bashing should've ended there. Although I'm not a moderator, this really should end now before someone steps in and closes this thread because of another stupid argument.

Also, I don't care who you are or what position you're in, but when a mod tells you to stop, you stop. I still wub you though, FP <3

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In other news, Obama is closing Gitmo down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Queen Elizabeth I said:
Stop trying to watch my every move so you can warn me, it makes you look like an idiot.
if that were my intention, i could warn you for that statement alone.

now stfu.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
QE, I know I didn't mis-type that I wasn't bashing him, I also believe I said that I will stand behind him as he is the elected president of this country. Next time you put words in my mouth with a smart ass tone, and clear intent to flame me, I will not hesitate to faithfully execute the power of my office.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He closed Guantanamo bay jail, That I understand. But can anyone tell me why did he frieze the minister's salaries?

G
Snowm@n said:
He closed Guantanamo bay jail, That I understand. But can anyone tell me why did he frieze the minister's salaries?
It's not closed, he's saying he will try and close it but it will take over 100 days. Whether he will actually close it or not, is yet to be seen.

Spunky said:
There will always be people trying to kill other people. It's a fact of life. Obama knows it and I'm sure the Secret Service will keep him safe. The last assassinated president was Kennedy and that was only because he decided to go for a ride in a topless car in broad daylight, with tall buildings on either side. And he was a liked president.
Interesting fact #1; There are more secret service/officers/guards/etc stationed in DC right now, for Obama's inaguration, than there are in Afghanistan.

Interesting fact #2; Obama's inauguration cost 170 million $. That's 57 times more than was spent investigating 911.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
It's not closed, he's saying he will try and close it but it will take over 100 days. Whether he will actually close it or not, is yet to be seen.
Sorry i knew that, what I wanted to say is that he ordered for guantanamo closing. Any clue about the friezing of the salaries? Its suspicious :S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snowm@n said:
Sorry i knew that, what I wanted to say is that he ordered for guantanamo closing. Any clue about the friezing of the salaries? Its suspicious :S
He's freezing salaries until he gets people to agree to his new ethics procedures. Basically, I think he's trying to purify the government. Doubt it will work, but it's not a bad plan.

fortnox said:
Interesting fact #2; Obama's inauguration cost 170 million $. That's 57 times more than was spent investigating 911.
Why can't we just let 9/11 go? Speculation is a waste of energy at this point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
putting it simply, he's doing this:

New government = new management

New management = new terms of employment

new terms of employment = either play by the new rules, or leave.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes that what I thought the first time I heared it, but it just seemed to obvious, I guess it really is..

Cool. I hear there is no minister of comercial business, he's problably going to play that role right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom