No fate but what you make . . . who says a Cameron-less Terminator movie has to suck?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just saw T3 this afternoon, and it completely pwned me. I really expected far less, but was instead impressed with every aspect of the film.

It was mighty fine for a 3rd installment.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I just saw T3 this afternoon, and it completely pwned me. I really expected far less, but was instead impressed with every aspect of the film.

It was mighty fine for a 3rd installment.
ya but there were alot of wholes in the movie..
and john connor couldve have been a more built guy instead of that skinny whino... i mean in all of the scenes of the future in the previous movies he was built built not scrawny and all

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Gotenks said:
ya but there were alot of wholes in the movie..
and john connor couldve have been a more built guy instead of that skinny whino... i mean in all of the scenes of the future in the previous movies he was built built not scrawny and all
I haven't seen the movie yet, but i think in third one, from what i've seen he's still younger than the future scenes in the older movies, might be why he's still a little scrawny.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought that they covered the holes rather nicely . . . which are you refering to?

Best answers
God i want to c that movie!!!!
from what i have seen in the previews im guessing that arnold goes bad at some point in the movie and tries to kill john. Im i right?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked it more than I thought I would, too, actually. I liked the introduction of the different Terminators towards the end - the large clunky ones with the massive machineguns. Some great humor (including the re-use of the psychiatrist/psychologist from T2). Over-all, it was quite the enjoyable movie, although it is hard to beat the second one for some things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could the TX beat the T2? The liquid based one? If so how?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
UltraPerfectCel said:
Could the TX beat the T2? The liquid based one? If so how?
u mean the t1000. and it prolly could cuz it did have the plasma launcher and all the goodiez..
some wholes were
:How arnold checks for keys in the car, (he wasn't programmed with that, John Connor teaches him in T2)
:And the Not Killing Humans thing (also was told by John Connor in T2)
its just the little things like that, when i watch it over ill bring up more examples

what i wouldve like better in the movie:
A bit more explantion on how SkyNet survived T2...
And if it just happened from no where.. then how come it was the same model..
The TX didnt seem all that superior to the T1000 IMO i liked the T1000 better...
ok and heres another thing... They delay judgement day by 10 years and John Connor dies earlier then he wouldve if they didnt do it..
(well i guess its because Arnie brought back "special memories" of his childhood he said taht somewhere in the movie)

Best answers
I saw it and I loved it. They ahd some good humor in it as well.

It is the exact same as T2 however, but I still enjoyed it, I mean, thats what Terminator is made for, I expected and got what I paid for.

Very pleased.

Best answers
First of all the Terminator was a completely different one than from T2. If u remember he explained it. A lot of stuff completely shocked me. I was like wow! Thats crazy. AND THE BEST PART(S) WERE THE FIGHT SCENES! I WAS OMG THAT HAS TO HURT! Also the car chase etc i was like omg that is awsome! Like Cucumber said it totally pwned me :p . I really enjoyed that movie. I cant wait for T4. The reason is because its so obvious that they r making another one. The end really tells u. So im hoping AND guessing at the same time that they make T4. I would really like to know what happens next. :D :yes: O ya i really like the humor. Haha new vehical. haha.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
some good stuff about the movie is when arnie comes back and its Ladiez Nightz taht was funny

ok more holes
:TX arrives in 2003, why does it go looking for Kate at her veterinary clinic at 4:30 in the morning instead of at her home?
::Let us now consider the terse greeting-card poetry of the Terminator: “Anger is more useful than despair” (sympathy). “If you were to die, I would become useless” (Valentine’s Day). “Your levity is good. It releases tension and the fear of death” (humorous birthday). “Desire is irrelevant” (50th wedding anniversary). got that from MSN
:: arnies mission was to insure the lives of the generals and all but hes pretty wreckless in taht truck hopping over future mrs connor and hitting the TX
::and the T101 actually had some chance against the TX which i thought was kinda unlikeyly only because hes an obsolete design

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And if so, did you pay attention? You were looking for plotholes, not explanations.

Simple ones:
:How arnold checks for keys in the car, (he wasn't programmed with that, John Connor teaches him in T2)
:And the Not Killing Humans thing (also was told by John Connor in T2)
It stands to reason that Kate taught these tricks to the T-101 . . .

A bit more explantion on how SkyNet survived T2...
I thought it was quite obvious . . . the T-101 tries to explain this through the entire movie . . . Skynet is software, not hardware, it was not designed as a supercomputer, but as a superuser on all the military's systems. Thus, it can run from any number of things, the cell phone networks, internet, MAC networks . . . Skynet cannot be killed until it wipes out all of mankind's society. Essentially, the chip from T2 was meaningless, as the program that was developed from that chip was the problem, not Cyberdines chip itself. This is most likely what stalled Judgement Day for so long.

The TX didnt seem all that superior to the T1000 IMO i liked the T1000 better...
Plasma Cannon > Silvery Knives

They delay judgement day by 10 years and John Connor dies earlier then he wouldve if they didnt do it..
OMG, plot development, how dare they! Seriously, the whole message of the movie since the second one:

No fate but what you make!

:TX arrives in 2003, why does it go looking for Kate at her veterinary clinic at 4:30 in the morning instead of at her home?
:tired: Skynet already infected the cell phone networks . . . is it really that hard for it to locate her when the cell phone is what got here there? :tired:

::Let us now consider the terse greeting-card poetry of the Terminator: “Anger is more useful than despair” (sympathy). “If you were to die, I would become useless” (Valentine’s Day). “Your levity is good. It releases tension and the fear of death” (humorous birthday). “Desire is irrelevant” (50th wedding anniversary). got that from MSN
And what, you don't get the joke in that? o_O

:: arnies mission was to insure the lives of the generals and all but hes pretty wreckless in taht truck hopping over future mrs connor and hitting the TX
He's not reckless, he's precise . . . I thought that was rather nice planning on his part, not luck.

Machines **** on luck, I know this from experience.

::and the T101 actually had some chance against the TX which i thought was kinda unlikeyly only because hes an obsolete design
The T-101 has a huge advantage . . . I bet Lt. Kate Conners turned it's learning circuit back on . . . not to mention the T-101 was never exactly weak. It schooled here for a bit, then she owned it's ass like a good little TX.

And finally, the TX would eat the T-1000 for breakfast, it too is obsolete compared to her. I recall a quote from the second movie, where the T-101 doesn't beleive that the T-1000 can be beat with conventional weapons. The TX is bristling with pwn-the-T-1000 weaponry.

Plasma Cannon > Silvery Knives

I also think Christina Lokken was excellent as the TX, she had a very terminator personality about her.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought the movie was horibble. i mean common the chick terminator wasnt even as cool nor lethal as the t1000. arnold was all old and it just wasnt in him. i thought the ending was very disappointing aswell. i mean sure it would make sense to end it that way but i was hoping for something better.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im4, you don't like anything, sometimes not even your own art. :p

It was far from horrible. SW-E1 was horrible, was this that bad . . . I think not.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked it. And I have a feeling that some of the holes will be filled in the next movie.

Like some of the habits of the old T-101 that the new one uses seem not to be holes, but more of a "Why does he do what the old one would do?" to hook you in.

I've been waiting for this movie since I saw the second

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
::::::>And what, you don't get the joke in that?

it goes against the other 2 movies where robots couldnt show compassion and the whole 9 yards... [im just pointing out the wholes] i do get how he does have halmark and such cards programmed into him

I also think Christina Lokken was excellent as the TX, she had a very terminator personality about her.

ya she had that robotic stare in here which was tight and coming back fomr the time travel wasnt too bad either...

::::> Skynet already infected the cell phone networks . . . is it really that hard for it to locate her when the cell phone is what got here there?

she didnt use her cell phone..... from the version tah im watching right now its just shows her gettin a house call and TX killin some future generals

::::>The T-101 has a huge advantage . . .

whats his advantage? the learning chip?

I wonder how theyre gon get out of that bunker whole too... i mean arnie did destroy the front door.. but hopefully there is a backdoor....i mean it is hollywood of course theres a backdoor

hey and that doctor guy has been in all 3 movies right??

Cuc dont get me wrong i did like the movie just that from watching T1 then T2 right before i knew the story line pretty well...

it wouldve been tight if they were able to capture a t1000 and send it back instead of arnie... but there were no chips or such for him so i guess not..
but T4 would be cool if they did make it.. cuz its be the future fights and no more choppy lil scenes some actual fights like T2 - 3D thats pretty tight if u havent seen it... the t1million roxors

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget, that Skynet sent that T-101 to kill john specifically because of it's emotional attachment. It also makes sence that the Terminator learned this stuff in preparation.

EDIT

>>it goes against the other 2 movies where robots couldnt show compassion and the whole 9 yards... [im just pointing out the wholes] i do get how he does have halmark and such cards programmed into him<<

The joke being that skynet stole some of it's reseach on human emotions from hallmark cards . . .

>>she didnt use her cell phone..... from the version tah im watching right now its just shows her gettin a house call and TX killin some future generals<<

Was it a beeper? Looked like a phone to me, and I saw it on a big screen, not a ripped version. Even if it was a beeper, skynet could find out through that.

>>whats his advantage? the learning chip? <<

Yes, didn't you notice how his tactics for dealing with her change throughout the movie, while she just uses her toys? He explained in T2 how their learning circuits were shut off. Or was that in the extended version?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Don't forget, that Skynet sent that T-101 to kill john specifically because of it's emotional attachment. It also makes sence that the Terminator learned this stuff in preparation.
i wonder how it got past the dogs and all... i mean it could have sparked some fire but i dont think hed let downhis guard all that much he did lower him into the lava thing....

I guess Fate IS Destiny. It doesn't matter what you do, your Destiny will always be with you.

>>The joke being that skynet stole some of it's reseach on human emotions from hallmark cards . . .

ok but itd be in the other two movies as well.

>>Yes, didn't you notice how his tactics for dealing with her change throughout the movie, while she just uses her toys?

umm no they were pretty much throw her into the wall throw throw.. then at the end hes holding up the door and takes out his lil chip thingie and boom...[[i think that would be a self terminate thing too]]

Was it a beeper? Looked like a phone to me, and I saw it on a big screen, not a ripped version. Even if it was a beeper, skynet could find out through that.
i work at the theatres i get to watch all of it for free.. im the guy that makes sure the film doesnt screw up and alll my laptop i normally have wit me... and u missed the thing i said i said they called her from home... while the TX was killin the generals...

plothole is when the director/movie leaves out sumtin taht effected something else, correct?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was explained in the first terminator, the T-101 could sneak past the dogs, because it was wearing a human body. The T-88's can't because they had rubber skin, like the one in Reese's flashback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom