Nintendo's DS Tweaked New Design

Best answers
Eh new one is alright.

All that fancy crap and i bet games will still suck :p

Best answers
NightShade said:
Eh new one is alright.

All that fancy crap and i bet games will still suck :p

i doubt it, when it come to handheld games nintendo knows exactly what there doing :)

The new design looks alot slicker than before, i like it better than the PSP now, i just hope it lives up to everyones, well my expectations atleast.

Best answers
I like it, i like it alot, but like nightshade said, the games wont be so good, but i hope they are, i guess this means i will probally be getting one for chirstmas. :laff:

Pan

Best answers
"The Nintendo DS will change the future of hand-held gaming," says Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo Co., Ltd. "Dual screens, chat functions, a touch screen, wireless capabilities, voice recognition - these abilities surpass anything attempted before, and consumers will benefit from the creativity and innovation the new features bring to the world of video games."

That alone sounds better than the PSP too me, and i love the new slick look although the PSP still looks better, the features that DS has sounds more promising for watever reason, but i really havent heard anything about the psp i guess except the fact that its lacking games.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/529/529765p1.html?fromint=1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Will the DS play gamecube games. I've never really heard of it. I think the new design is better, slicker and more stylish.

Pan

Best answers
Smurf said:
Will the DS play gamecube games. I've never really heard of it. I think the new design is better, slicker and more stylish.

Nope neither of the new handheld systems coming out will play console only games of any kind. Although the nintendo will have that backplay ability, where you can play GBA games, GBC, and GB games on it as well as the DS ones but no gamecube games, otherwise the psp wouldnt stand a chance in my oppion ^^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well PSP is more powerful than the ps2, so it should be able to play redeveloped ps2 games :0.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Well PSP is more powerful than the ps2, so it should be able to play redeveloped ps2 games :0.
Ahem... this thread isn't about PSP kthx, let's not turn it into one ;)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, I was waiting for some form of update on the DS (being an avid hand-held gamer, myself). It's good to see that they looked into tweaking the physical design of the DS - I, for one, think that this new design is a much needed improvement and "slicking-over" from the original design.

Thanks for the update, Pan!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Ahem... this thread isn't about PSP kthx, let's not turn it into one ;)
I wasn't trying to turn it into a PSP thread.

Nope neither of the new handheld systems coming out will play console only games of any kind.
I was just throwing some of my knowledge from that.

kthx.

Best answers
they both look good but th new one looks skinner so i have to go with the new one

Best answers
i just hate this DS completly, ive had pretty much every nintendo console to date excluding the SP as i didnt like it, and i just hate the DS, i cant find anything right with it at all!! GBA is where its at lol

-SaN

Pan

Best answers
Guru_San said:
i just hate this DS completly, ive had pretty much every nintendo console to date excluding the SP as i didnt like it, and i just hate the DS, i cant find anything right with it at all!! GBA is where its at lol

-SaN
But Guru-Sama..... how could you hate the DS but like the GBA, when it allows you to play GBA, GBC, & GB games on it, not to metion its new games and the whole handheld is designed much better than the GBA. And GBA SP wasnt anything new its still a GBA so how could u possibly hate that as well if you say GBA is where its at ?!? and there has to be something right with the system surely ^^.

Best answers
well dude i dont like the idea of the DS. It looks very old and blocky, i think Nintendo has made a serious mistake in the design of this hand held. I understand the idea of bein able to play old GBA, GB games etc on it but its been the same as the GBC GBA etc, so that wasent a shock at all. In my opinion i feel it just reminds me of that old Nokia phone that opens up into a PDA. I feel Nintendo need to do some serious design changes towards it.. slightly more update, you not think it reminds you of the old classic game+watch toys? hmm im sure it'll be a hit, but its just not my cup of tea, when i first heard of the new Nintendo DS (Not the Nintendo Game boy DS) i was like, "Mental" then i seen it and was totally disapointed.

Hey Tomato, Tomoato

-SaN

Retired
Best answers
yeah the physical design has REALLY improved. the older model was just 'HAHA..' laughable. it still doesn't own the design of the PSP though. but it's quite good looking now yeh.

Best answers
Jesus, its amazing how much stuff they can put in such little things these days. The screeshot of that game on the old design reminded me of like Duke Nukem 3D except spiced up, and now I hear the PSP is more powerful then the playstation... technology these days is absolutely crazy. Anywho, I like the new design a lot better then the old one, and I cant say Ive ever seen the PSP design so I cant say anything about that.

Although, about the backwards thing, I dont know about you guys, but if I was to get that and then play a game that only uses one screen... lol, first I think it would be weird and second Id feel as if I got ripped off :p but then Id put in one that uses both of them and Id be like "aah, much better."

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wow that new version looks nice.If you dont mind, may I post some of my knowlage of the DS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom