Nintendo's DS Tweaked New Design

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about:

The next person who goes off topic with anything related to the PSP without using it for somekind of DS argument gets their post deleted and a nice, warm cup of warning.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
How about:

The next person who goes off topic with anything related to the PSP without using it for somekind of DS argument gets their post deleted and a nice, warm cup of warning.
eh cuc why cant we speak about the PSP.................. ;/ Its going to be the main rival towards the DS and basically, i dont want to say it but its going to mop the floor of the DS. The psp looks like something youd want to play in front of your friends, not the DS... So are you going to delete this? as i dont actually know why you would.........

/the confused -SaN o_o

Best answers
Guru_San said:
eh cuc why cant we speak about the PSP.................. ;/ Its going to be the main rival towards the DS and basically, i dont want to say it but its going to mop the floor of the DS. The psp looks like something youd want to play in front of your friends, not the DS... So are you going to delete this? as i dont actually know why you would.........

/the confused -SaN o_o
Thats right, PSP is really gonna mop the floor with the DS, i mean they have all the experince in feild of handheld gaming and DS will not be anytype of challenge to the PSP :rolleyes: PSP is having alot off issues right now, there also lacking in the game department and only 2 games are currently finished for the PSP and alot of companys are stating that the process of the games that there making for the PSP is gonna be delayed during launch, as nintendo has 120 Games ready for launch including 20 titles that there working on. I could go on and on about the features that DS have, and it has way way more feature than the PSP does.

And who cares about playing it infront of ur freinds, maybe ur the one buying it to impress them, but i could care less, not to metion the DS new design is very slick and crips looking anyway and the 2 dual screens can really come in handy in RPG games, it could be very very useful. :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice, I'm looking forward to play the DS. I'll probably buy some good game's like metroid prime :D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guru_San said:
eh cuc why cant we speak about the PSP.................. ;/

Because:

a) We've had a lot of trouble with console wars in the past - people will "casually" post that one system will out-do another, and then the thread aggrivates into a battlefield, resulting in people getting warned to an undesirable degree.

b) The thread is about the DS, "Nintendo's DS Tweaked New Design". It is not "Nintendo's DS Tweaked New Design....will it stack up to the PSP?!".

c) What can I say...Cuc set a mandate for posts in this thread...I'd recommend that you follow it, or at least take it up with him or any other admin through PM's.

Now, back to the DS, please ;)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin You is correct . . . if you want to talk about DS vs. PSP, open another thread . . .

I garauntee it won't last long, you game brand fanboys have serious civility issues.

Best answers
lol ok i was just wondering. ^^ i dont want no hassle guys.

Is there any release date for DS as of..?

-SaN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no date yet its just 2005

and i like the new design its stylin cooler then the brick orginal ds

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, looks much smoother and sleeker.
I don't keep up with the consoles anymore, but I'm planning to get this one. I'm an old Nintendo fanboy, born with an NES controller in my hand. ^_^

Best answers
Nintendo has never steered me wrong. And that reason alone will push me out to buy this before anything else.

KyoKusanagi

K
It looks like a funkified game & watch to me - which isn't necessarily a bad thing - though the whole dual screen thing seems as about useful as a one legged man in an asskicking contest. Fair enough it looks cool - i just hope this isn't another one of Nintendo's gimmicks that ends up going down the toilet.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate it. Why is nintendo trying to make it look like something it isn't.

Okay, the stuff it is including just isn't needed. Nobody needs to chat it up well they play. Who the hell really needs all that? We already have cell phones that do most of that stuff. Just make a handheld game player and stop. Boost the grpahics, give it better sound, but stop trying to make it something it's not.

Come on, the kids who'll buy this will need to spend 150 bucks for extra crap they don't need, or will use. Pfffft I for one will not buy this. The Gameboy Color is still what has an edge over this. Nice, easy design, fits in my pocket, and is simple.

Pan

Best answers
-[ZeniSlev]- said:
I hate it. Why is nintendo trying to make it look like something it isn't.

Okay, the stuff it is including just isn't needed. Nobody needs to chat it up well they play. Who the hell really needs all that? We already have cell phones that do most of that stuff. Just make a handheld game player and stop. Boost the grpahics, give it better sound, but stop trying to make it something it's not.

Come on, the kids who'll buy this will need to spend 150 bucks for extra crap they don't need, or will use. Pfffft I for one will not buy this. The Gameboy Color is still what has an edge over this. Nice, easy design, fits in my pocket, and is simple.

No offense Zeni, im with you 100% on the extra gimmic stuff, but u gotta understand that if nintendo dont add these thing, i think they will personally be shut down by the competition because obviously thats what its about now is (How many gimics can u add to your handheld or gaming system that ur selling)

Best answers
nah but i see where he is coming from, the DS should have been more concentrated on huge graphic updates, sounds etc rather than adding a chatting option or even 2 screens, i dont see this being a hit to be honest, the GBC and the GBA, the SP meh wasnt anything massive which is how the DS is going to go.

-SaN

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, but if they didn't have these things then the price would be alot cheaper. Meaning I would go out and buy one, same with mothers. They see a new gameboy and are like "He'll love that" and it is only 100 dollars.

Or they go out and see a gameboy with all these options for $150 or more, and are like "He doesn't need to chat to people, he is only 9." So then they would go buy a PSP. Don't think I'm trying to compare, but price is what will determine how these things sell.

Of course alot of older games (18+) will buy a DS, but then again, they'll prolly also buy a PSP too because for one they have the money. A Working 18 year old, doesn't have too many worries yet. Plus they will also buy a PSP because of the types of games. On a DS we can expect Mario, on a PSP people are anticipating a little more mature games. Don't think I'm dissing one or the other. It is just that Sony is prone to putting out more mature games, but they also have games for the younger kids, thus they appeal more for everyone on a certain level.

Although it is obvious, with these new additions to the DS that they plan to target older people without makeing alot of mature games... All I can say is that it will be interesting to see how the DS sells. My money is that neither will do as good as they expected.

Best answers
im totally with you on that Snake. Although im a true blue nintendoid i hate to see the DS fail, which for somereason, i see happening... :'(!!!!!!!!!!!!

-SaN

Best answers
Well I can't be bothered reading all the posts but I think the DS will be a Surprise Hit. I mean I for one am happy that Nintendo are once again doing something risky, something new. Okay the Psp will sell shed loads, just based on the fact it is a Playstation. But I think people are really under estimating the DS and what it could bring to the table, I mean sure two screens blah blah may sound like a dumb idea...But i could see this working, I mean Nintendo make quality stuff all the time so I think this will be a Wind waker type (when WW was shown in Cel Shading everyone said it would be crap etc. etc.) surprise hit. DS will be good, maybe not the best but a damn good effort at something different! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom