Nintendo or Playstation?

Do you prefer Playstation or Gamecube?

• Playstation (all playstation and games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo (N64, gamecube, gameboy etc... and games)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
nintendo because of:
metroid
zelda
mario
secret of mana
(on gamecube) sonic

thay have em all!

Best answers
CS-LAND said:
I prefer PS, PS2 and the reason is DBZ:Budokai :D
lol, then you'll like GC because i think budokai is also on it! :D:D or if not there is a version like budokai...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
Although you may think playstation dominates nintendo because of its sales, age range (which i personally think is a load of rubbish, i bet theres just as many adults as children owning mazza, zelda and metriod prime) etc... i buy the console because of the games i enjoy playing. I personally couldn't care if playstation have sold 500 million ps2's and nintendo have sold 20 million gamecubes, if i enjoy playing Mario more than Grand Theft Auto, should it entirely matter?
Well you have a point, but its really on your "maturity" for games.
I could only take so little, but no more, of Nintendo's constant Mario games.
I have hated that plumber right after Super Mario World for SNES. The only
descent games I have seen on gamecube so far:

Soul Calibur 2
Resident Evil: Rebirth
Resident Evil: Zero
NBA Street Vol. 2 (I dont own this though, not much into sports games)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Smash Bros. Melee (But I hate this game because it features Pokemon one
reason why my taste for Nintendo has gone down a bit)

But what I like about Nintendo is that they try to keep it "low". Cause you got
alot of parents complaining these days on how Video Games are the problems
to everything. First off, if Video Games were the problem, Dont buy your son
the console, simple as that. Second, Every game is rated just like a movie.
If parents were truely concerned, they'd stop trying to screw over other
companies just to feel better about not blaming themselves.

Edit: Budokai is not so great, I dislike the game.

Reason: Key Combinations are so too easy, aside from that. Movement is
very lame. You only have options to side step left, right, and move back forward.
You cant fly unless your enemy has gone airborne first.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well I hate all the consoles.

They all have a UBER weird controller and it just ain`t right.

I prefer my computer :)

Mouse and a keyboard, there no better controller in the world :)

And besides every ff game comes also on the pc so.. =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1m4 0wn y0 455 said:
i said "fighting games" i didnt say 2 button battle royal games
lol, that made me laugh. Its much deeper than two buttons, and if you've played it, which i doubt, you'd know this game to complete fully is a hard deed to fulfill, which takes skill, timing and slick moves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First and foremost...SSBM is not a deep fighting game. It's a party game, and he's right, it is a melee-based button-mashing free-for-all. It was built so idiots could pick it up and make stuff happen. Like all Gamecube games are. I don't know why you guys don't mind that but personally it really bothers me. Like, yeah, it's fun, but still...an insult, personally.

Jonesdaniel said:
ok, il do the deed for him

1.) F-Zero GX 2.) Metriod Prime 3.) Resident Evil 0 4.) Eternal Darkness 5.) Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
1.) F-Zero
--Captain Falcon? Ahem...yeah. Very maturely themed. You also neglect that a highly demanded sequel to a 10 year old SNES game took millenia to make. Why? Because they ignored the fans, per usual.

2.) Metroid Prime
--The only one any of you has said that I'd even consider to count.

3.) RE: Zero
--Same game, different background. I don't think I'll accept that, but even so. It's an RE game where you play as Rebecca...I think fans of the original will agree that's about as childish as any direct descendants of RE has. I think I'll append my original statement here, and say, we should not include games that were pioneered on other systems and then later acquired by Nintendo. I say this because, obviously, if I come out with a Rocky game that's boxing, and Nintendo makes a sequel, it has to give some sort of nod to the original game, which as a direct result makes RE: Zero's existence as a whole a subsidiary even of the original RE on the original playstation.

4.) Eternal Darkness
--Wow, someone said it. I was expecting everyone to forget, since the game was so poorly marketed.

5.) Twin Snakes
--Same thing as with Zero. if Metal Gear Solid didn't have any expectations to live up to (because of the PS's original angle on it), Snake would be an unlockable in Mario Party and he'd have a game called Metal Gear Sunshine.

So out of the dozen or so mentioned in this thread...by my specifications...you have literally only two that match my description. Even if I counted RE: Zero, you'd still only have three.

My leg remains intact, for now.

And yes, worldwide sales of the PS2 are higher than the Gamecube's. It's in dead last, still doing well, but not in any danger of toppling the prior gods in the land.

If you want to keep trying, feel free. Remakes and ripoffs don't count. Fire away. hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Well I hate all the consoles.

They all have a UBER weird controller and it just ain`t right.

I prefer my computer :)

Mouse and a keyboard, there no better controller in the world :)

And besides every ff game comes also on the pc so.. =]

Agreed. I was going to say that in my post, but I didn't for one reason or another. Nothing more comfortable than the ol' keyboard and mouse. However not all games are available on the PC, which is it's only weakness. Also the reason why I am FORCED to play a console. :(

Allthough in my opinion The PS2 has the most comfortable controller out of all of them.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i prefer playstation for it's variety of games, but i gotta give props to nintendo 64's catalyst game "goldeneye".

no multiplayer fps WILL EVER compare to that game. it just had the effect. the first level was the bomb, single mission and multiplayer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yes, but how much of a head start have PS2 had? It was really the first next generation console, and had about a 2 year head start. Therefore more people bought in the early stages, and more games were made for it. If gamecube came out first, im sure alot of opinions would be the other way round.

Oh, and another game
- 1080: Avalanche

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the PS2 had come out two years later...it would still have become number one. The reasons are simple; Symphony of the Night, Metal Gear, etc.

Gamecube has NOTHING that even COMES CLOSE to touching those games.

What this thread has led me to do, is re-upload my old website, and do a new top ten list. The Top Ten Things We Asked For That Nintendo Botched. Anyone got any votes?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
i prefer playstation for it's variety of games, but i gotta give props to nintendo 64's catalyst game "goldeneye".

no multiplayer fps WILL EVER compare to that game. it just had the effect. the first level was the bomb, single mission and multiplayer.
IMO, Golden Eye was the best thing to hit any Nintendo console up untill
Game Cube, I remember how much of a pain in the ass it was to try to get
"Invisibility" out of 00 Agent mode in Facility. Or was that Invincibility... dont
matter. Anyway, Multiplayer was fun as hell w/ 4 players. I used to pwn.

Also to those that are "ranting" the Console Controls. If you play "Turok"
style... Where the left/right buttons made you strafe and the bottom button
would allow you to shoot while the top button could make you crouch/jump.
and one Joystick allowed you to move while the other joystick allowed you to
look around... Then you have that keyboard + mouse feel. I did this in that
"Agent Under Fire" game or what ever its called and I pwn. Anyway, This is
probably as close as you'll get to comfort in a console First Person Shooter.

Now... if you want to rant a Console Control... Rant the Xbox's. It is wierd
as hell. The buttons are too small and too together (I never look at the
buttons while im playing, but if you dont look you might end up hitting the
wrong one). And the control fits in your pawm as if you were grabbing two
butt cheeks :p

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MGS: Twin Snakes is just a remake of Metal Gear Solid for PLAYSTATION. The remake may be an exclusive, but it was already made for sony.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
Ah yes, but how much of a head start have PS2 had? It was really the first next generation console, and had about a 2 year head start. Therefore more people bought in the early stages, and more games were made for it. If gamecube came out first, im sure alot of opinions would be the other way round.

Oh, and another game
- 1080: Avalanche
Dreamcast was the first next-gen console, and came out well before PS2.

As for the controllers, I find PlayStation2 to have the best one, then X-Box (especially Controller-S, but the big one is easy to get used to.)

The gamecube has the most bizzare control, with pointless little sticks that have no real advantage to making that way, and the useful buttons are on one side, so it is kind of lopsided.

PS2 is the best buy for your buck with wide choice of games, decent graphics, mediocre loading time and DVD capability.

XBox is okay, I like a lot of the games on it, but their focus on American and British game devs has made a real lack of RPGs, since they're mostly made by Japanese developers.

Gamecube, in my opinion, is just terrible. The graphics are subpar for the generation, they used an inferior data storage medium--Minidisc, which holds about 470MB, while X-Box and PS2's DVD storage is 4700MB (4.7GB, for a single layered DVD-ROM) which also means it can't play movies--just another downside to owning a gamecube over the others.

Gamecube games are forced to cut corners by removing almost all cutscenes, FMV, extensive high quality music tracks and sound clips, all the things that made games like Final Fantasy 7 so special on the PS1.

Nintendo's monopoly-style business techniques have caused countless developers to work for making Sony and Microsoft games, because Nintendo has so many guidelines on what can be released on their system to their "target demographic." (i.e., people entertained by Pokemon and Starwars game clones).

There isn't a single good point about the Gamecube, in my opinion. All of their so-called "featured" games such as SuperSmashBros.Melee, FZero and Metroid, were surpassed by their predecessors.

The original FZero was more fun then the Gamecube incarnate, as was SuperMetroid to Metroid Prime. Not many people will agree with me, but I prefer the original Smash Bros. to the Gamecube version, because of the response times. SSBM has a slower response time then the original, it's easy to tell if you have one playing on a tv next to the other, and try them simultaneously.

All games that are released for all three systems are infinitely better on the other two (Soul Calibur 2 as one example.)

If anybody agrees or disagrees with me, feel free to IM me using the button below, but only if you have an intelligent argument to dispute with.

Best answers
8-Bit nintendo for sure, Mario rocked the hell out of those other newbish games. I can't remember how much time I spent on that thing that many years ago, it was amazing.

8-bit fo sho

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea, what minimal points that I didn't touch upon, you nailed...and in a palatable, pleasant way, too (unlike my posts, which border on fight talk).

So far I've seen about 10 million points made against the Gamecube, and 4 or 5 points made for it...most of which were invalid, false, or biased in some way.

I think we can lay this debate to rest, eh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, lets look at it like this then.

Its cheap
Child Friendly
Small
Exportable
Small Disks
All of nintendo's classic characters
Nintendo is winning the vote at the moment.

Well i have both a PS2 and a Gamcube, but for some reason im sticking up for gamecube. It all depends on the genre of games you see fit to fancy, and i guess i pick smash bro and sunshine over FF10 and Tekken. I enjoy playing my PS2 for Metal Gear Solid 2, and my gamecube will come good for an updated version of the first. (i got my ps2 first, because gamecube wasn't released back then, which could go to back up my earlier statement)
But like i said, its all biased, and i guess there really is no right or wrong answer.
(the gamecube controller is not messy or confusing, i love it and i was used to it as soon as i held and played with it, its a very comfy controller, and the L & R buttons rock. The PS2 controller i admit is good, but i would have liked to have seen a change from the PS1)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Console Style:

X-Box = Over Kill
Ps2 = Just Right
GameCube = Rush Effort

Thats my opinion and im sticking to it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
well, lets look at it like this then.

Its cheap
Child Friendly
Small
Exportable
Small Disks
All of nintendo's classic characters
Nintendo is winning the vote at the moment.

Well i have both a PS2 and a Gamcube, but for some reason im sticking up for gamecube. It all depends on the genre of games you see fit to fancy, and i guess i pick smash bro and sunshine over FF10 and Tekken. I enjoy playing my PS2 for Metal Gear Solid 2, and my gamecube will come good for an updated version of the first. (i got my ps2 first, because gamecube wasn't released back then, which could go to back up my earlier statement)
But like i said, its all biased, and i guess there really is no right or wrong answer.
(the gamecube controller is not messy or confusing, i love it and i was used to it as soon as i held and played with it, its a very comfy controller, and the L & R buttons rock. The PS2 controller i admit is good, but i would have liked to have seen a change from the PS1)
That was amazing. Someone with Solid Snake in his avatar defended the gamecube. lol

Cheap? yes. Child friendly? Yes. Small? It's too tall to fit on most areas originally designed for VCRs and DVD players, which are long and narrow. Even the contraptions design was a gimmick for kids. Small disks? Not a good thing--making a 50 dollar game shorter, easier to lose, and more prone to damages isn't a positive change, in my eyes. All of Nintendo's "classic characters"? I remember a Link that went sword to sword with a monstrous enemy named Gannon; I remember a Mario that saved Princesses and fought giant evil Reptiles with fireballs, not raced cars, went fishing, cleaned up the environment, and played spelling games; I remember a Samus that would proudly display her very adult figure at the end of the game for the most bold of players; this is why, as far as I'm concerned, the "classic characters" are not of any interest to me or most people--they're actually a detriment, not a positive point.

And Nintendo's only winning the poll because the PS fans aren't going to waste their time voting when they know they don't need to (at least, that's why I haven't voted).

I don't know how you can say that the GC controller is comfortable and felt good and natural in your hand. I think I would prefer the JAGUAR controller to that turd...the button layout is idiotic, the things are built hella cheaply, the C-stick feels likeit belongs on a kid's walker as one of those clever, distraction-based pieces of the tray that moves, and the shoulder buttons require 650 PSI to press down and take ten minutes to get there.

I just plug the PS2 controller into the GC. As a result, once you learn the buttons, you can whip anyones ass at any game on teh machine, just because the GC controller wasn't built for reflexes or intuitive use. It was built for 8 year olds.

Maybe we should start having people post their age along with their preferences? I'm 21, or will be in a week. What about the rest of us? Post your thoughts and your age along with em.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, im not 5. Im 15, and more than halfway off to 16. This does not make me an "ooooo imature child who wants to play barbie horse racing". Just because i have snake in my avatar, does that mean i must prefer the PS ? I actually bought my first metal gear solid game on the pc, and with that being revamped onto the gamecube, why not have him in my avatar. Wow, mario goes around with a water device, that makes him unclassic - im sure. If he went around with a pogo stick instead he'd look alot cooler.
About the controller, its only because you've got used to another that you find the other awkward. You can't honestly say you picked up the ps controller for the first time, and knew the difference between square, circle, triangle and X. And i can remember when i rented out Ape Escape, my first analogue game, was that hard :laff: it was all fun though. (10 mins to hit the shoulder buttons? if you hold the controller properly, your fingers should stay in them (hence the curve) and they arent hard to press down at all. You need to use them at quite a speed in SSBM, and i find no problem in doing so)
I know theres no possible way to change your opinion, you've made your point so why not stop crushing down upon the gamecube?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing with the PS controller was, I never have to even glance at it...even from day one. Why? Because the shoot buttons are where I expect; the jump buttons are where I expect; the aim buttons are where I expect; the analog movement works how I expect; everything was just really intuitive on that controller.

Those shoulder buttons are ridiculous. It's like saying a button for, say, the Square key on a ps2 controller is an inch thick, and doesn't even do anything until it's halfway down, but it's okay because my thumb is usually resting on it anyway?

The end doesn't justify the means, in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom