Nintendo or Playstation?

Do you prefer Playstation or Gamecube?

• Playstation (all playstation and games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo (N64, gamecube, gameboy etc... and games)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
roflamo "barbie horse racing" that's pretty damn funny.

Anyways I'd have to agree, The P2 controller is much more comfortable than any other. I've tried all of them.. P2 is small and efficient, which to me is very important for a controller. I hate having a controller bigger than my face.

Best answers
iam a fan of hard to beat games, and the original NES and SNES had a big amount, there were some games that were friggen impossible to beat, for example Super Ghouls and Ghosts. I mean it takes you forever to beat it. And one hit kills pretty much. All I have to say is it's very tidious. Stupid Goddess braclett. Needed to put a password system on that game. Or 7th Saga for the Snes. Dang near impossible. Ghosts and goblins the original for the nes wasn't easy either. But the hardest game i played EVER was teenage mutant ninja turtles, that game is just brutal :cry:

Best answers
:S well we could go on forever about this Nintendo vs Sony let's just look @ the poll, most people here like nintendo better....Saiyanpride eat ur heart out :\

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I Prefer the PS2 [sony]. I have a few reasons to, and I'll also defend them.

-It can play DVD,PSX Games,PS2 Games [of course...], CDs, Hi-D CDs like Tool - Lateralus, and a few other media types.

-A Very good online play.

-It is more of a universal media thingy. It doesn't just need to be a console, you can enjoy it for many reasons [stated above]

-Very strong, I've dropped mine on concrete more then once, by accident of course but I still have no dings in it.

-Very nice graphics, and it can play tons of different graphic styles. From Cel shaded stuff, to well rendered polished games such as MGS2.

-It has appealing games for all ages, and is not afraid to push the envelope with what might be considered bad in our beautfiully censored world.

-FF series

-ZOE

-can play burnt games with some modding.

---------

Anyways those are just a few of my reasons. I beleive the GC is just to childish, and hwo really gives a damn about mario anymore? Mario is just a sell-out, Samus is just a tool to sell games now, and Sony has some classic chars as well. Solid snake for one.

Nintendo may be winning now, but it I'm sure age has alot to do with it. If you lack funds you buy a GC since it is the cheapest. But I'd rather pay more for better quality.... Oval eat ur heart out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I read this topic, I have come to the conclusion SaiyanPrideXIX has summed up pretty much all of my feelings about the systems.

I really have to say, that I may be a little bit of a fanboy for the Ps2, but I still enjoy other systems. With the controllers, yes I do prefer the Ps2 controller, much because as stated, the buttons are where I expect them to be. I play GC at my friends' occasionally, and almost everytime i'm playing a game, they say "Hit the * key." what am I doing? Looking down at the controlling trying to see where this button is.

Moreover, the yellow joystick on the GC controller I cannot stand, it is so out of place and unpleasent to reach and use. Yes, this is partly because I am not used to the controller this I realise, but after all the times I have played on the GC, I still need to see where buttons are every time I play.

The Ps2 does have a great selection, anything you want to play is there. Even when I rent a game from the local video store I have 5 sections for Ps2, 2 for GC. In addition, most good GC games are also for the Ps2.

My final point is, do you really need to think "I wonder if this GC game is going to be good..." no, not really, because you already played it 5 years ago on another system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oval said:
:S well we could go on forever about this Nintendo vs Sony let's just look @ the poll, most people here like nintendo better....Saiyanpride eat ur heart out :\

Heh actually It's even 23 23 at the moment. Anyways.. I'm pretty sure a majority of the people on this forum are young, so I wouldn't doubt the Gamecube winning over the PS2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this kind of thing is something that can and will go on with no end

its simply impossible for one to be better or more popular than the other

one will never win over the other there just too even

u will always have the people going NINTENDO OLDSCHOOL PWNAGE!! and people going SONY OWNS TEHM!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the points are all there, Hib. Like it's been shown...they're not even. There's nothing really to be complained about the PS2 other than the glitch in the lens and a lack of Mario and Samus games. That sort of speaks for itself.

Best answers
saiyanpride, if i didn't love the ps2 already you would have made me a believer. the ps2 is simply more diverse than the gamecube. sony planned on making a entertainment unit, and have succeeded. nintendo made a gaming console, and did that nicely too. too bad, though, that i will get a ps2 over a gamecube since i like my music and dvds as much as my games.

and my vote pushed it to 24 23 ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Well, the points are all there, Hib. Like it's been shown...they're not even. There's nothing really to be complained about the PS2 other than the glitch in the lens and a lack of Mario and Samus games. That sort of speaks for itself.
no im afrade the points ARNT there look at the poll its even again and im sure it will stay even

thats just how the industry works everyone says there favorite is the best and all else suck and anyone plays them are sissys but in the end one console will die down in popularity and another will come up and then that will fall down and a new one will be most popular and so on thats how its been and im sure thats how it will stay

its just not an arguable fact if one console was better than all others no one would play it but people still play all of them which shows they all must be doing something right

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh...thanks, SaiyanSlayer. As shown from my posts...I know a lot about marketability from school. So...what we call "the sell" is like second nature. lol

And, well, to a degree, you're pretty on the money about that, Hibiki. "its just not an arguable fact" is true to a deep extent. But it is arguable as to which one is the most flexible. Which I think is kind of the focal point between the debates.

And as for this part: "if one console was better than all other no one would play it but people still play all of them which shows they all must be doing something right"--

--Well, yeah, they must be doing SOMETHING right. That something doesn't necessarily have to be making great games or having a diverse library, though. It could be, say, coming out a year before the rest (DC, for instance), slutting on old licenses (GC, and Mario, as an example), or a sudden and extreme price drop (GC again).

I just think that the PS2 is more capable of meeting several different needs and desires than the GameCube. If you want that one specific type of game, the lower age demographic ones, or if you have a limited price range, or if you're a fan of Mario, then yeah, the GameCube is your box. But...anything other than that specific and fairly small group who prefers that, would be better satisfied by the ol' Deuce, and I think that THIS fact is arguable moreso than the overall quality of the consoles versus one another.

That's my buck fifty on the subject, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom