Nintendo or Playstation?

Do you prefer Playstation or Gamecube?

• Playstation (all playstation and games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo (N64, gamecube, gameboy etc... and games)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Which do you prefer?

And please why, thats what im actually interested in. I much prefer gamecube because in my opinion it has much better games and easier to use controllers, and that also the gamecube games have a much higher replay value (such as the Zelda games, etc...)

*edit, after things said by certain moderators*

Please dont bash this or that console, and/or saying that one is better than the other, because i dont want this thread to be shut down.

Just say if you prefer nintendo or playstation and why, DONT mention 'because nintendo is crap' or 'playstation sux' please. Thankyou.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a bad question really. Clearly Nintendo had the market before PS. Then, with the early stuff on the 64, I'd say 64 was better, but PSI had a lot of really good games too. Now with the newer systems, I'd say Sony is the winner.

-Karrde-

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, this will sound kind of mean towards nintendo fanboys, but im speaking of the games overall,

asking of someone prefers nintendo or playsation usually falls on thier age, nintendo for as long as ive known them have been primarily a kids gaming company, (pokemon for example) though they do have games that are not made for kids, the majority of thier arsenal of games are made for kids,

playstation on the other hand, is made for more serious, mature people, and like nintendo it has a few exceptions and has a few kiddie games, but for sony primarily its for mature gamers,

i prefer sony, they have took on the task of the ff series, though now that thats going to other systems, i predice squaresoft is going to go out of business, sony is the system for rpgs, gamecube and xbox, it just wouldnt feel right

(did any of you play unlimited saga?, not a good sign at all)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u take all of nintendo its no match at all because if u do u take such absolute unstopable classics like super metroid and a link to the past and super mario brothers

compared to such legendary games as this its just no compitition on which is better

Best answers
thats true hibiki, but still so many people prefer Playstation

and just to make something clear, final fantasy started on NINTENDO!!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
nintendo for life!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes FF did start on nintendo, i still have my orignal cartridges of ff2 and 3, BUT it also died on nintendo, and was revived on playstation,

Best answers
The Sony plastation 1 & 2 are going places the Nintendo im afrais lacks what i would call a solid foundation... take the Game Cube for example the controller is crap and the games are stupid... on the other hand the PS controllers are easy to handle and the games are a lot more varied in type and target audiances...

I mean comon who dosnt have an Eye toy for PS2... i know you all have

i rest my case...

Best answers
Magmus said:
The Sony plastation 1 & 2 are going places the Nintendo im afrais lacks what i would call a solid foundation... take the Game Cube for example the controller is crap and the games are stupid... on the other hand the PS controllers are easy to handle and the games are a lot more varied in type and target audiances...

i rest my case...
thats your opinion...

i think its the other way around, the PS2 contollers are crap...

Best answers
Magmus said:

i rest my case...
;( people like you really make me mad have you seen the graphics of the ps2 CRAP!!!!! and then you think nintendo is kiddy... ever played eternal darkness on the cube....Besides eye toy sucks the idea might be good... but the minigames on it suck if ur tall and have a small tv you don´t fit in the stupid screen!!! ;(

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont have a favorite controller, playstation and gamecubes are too small, and x box's is huge,

i can use all 3 just as good, i own all 3 systems, (and 3 x box's for system link play)

gamecubes wireless controllers i do like, the standard ones are too light, and awkward to hold,

playstation did the right thing with thiers, they kept the same controler so nobody had to get used to it,

however, if your going to judge a system by its controller, look at the nintendo 64 controller and say that psx or gamecubes controllers suck

when i said nintendo was kiddy, i meant all of nintendos games in general (on all systems), the majority of them are for kids, i didnt say all of thier games are for kids, but like most times on this forum i shouldnt expect people to read what i say,

the majority of sony's arsenal is for the older audience, it does have its kiddie games as well, but they take up maybe 10% of the lineup, far from being as kiddy as nintendos pokemon, pikmin, mario, etc

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with nutzy in the fact that the majority of game cube games are geard toward kids, I like XboX great games, great gfx, and great controller ( I have the madcatx smaller sweet on)It the best imo.

Best answers
Oval said:
people like you really make me mad have you seen the graphics of the ps2 CRAP!!!!! and then you think nintendo is kiddy...
now their u said the word graphics to judge a game by graphics is stupid graphics is the last thing i look at...

gameplay, replayablty, story are what i go by...

the PS2 may have bad graphics in comparison to N64 but my point is who realy Cares... sure it looks slightly better and might run faster But the 3 factors i stated are rarely seen is Nintendo games that i have played but are in a large group o f PS2 games... sure its my opinion but the topic asked for it so i gave it...

and I NEVER said Nintendo was kiddy i said that PS games have a wider range of styles and targeted buyers/Players

Best answers
Magmus said:
now their u said the word graphics to judge a game by graphics is stupid graphics is the last thing i look at...

gameplay, replayablty, story are what i go by...

the PS2 may have bad graphics in comparison to N64 but my point is who realy Cares... sure it looks slightly better and might run faster But the 3 factors i stated are rarely seen is Nintendo games that i have played but are in a large group o f PS2 games... sure its my opinion but the topic asked for it so i gave it...

and I NEVER said Nintendo was kiddy i said that PS games have a wider range of styles and targeted buyers/Players
talk to me after you play zelda the windwaker it has the 3 things you want and great graphics too. But ur just another one of those Ps2 fanboys..DEAD TO ALL PS2 LOVERS!!! ;(

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ps2 fanboy?, i own a gamecube, a GBA, a game gear, sega genesis, dreamcast saturn, ps1, ps2, nintendo 64, gamecube and an xbox,

out of all those i like the ps2 the most, if having an opinion is the definition of fanboy, sign me up,

i like the playstation cuz im over the age of 10, nintendo has maybe 1 or 2 good mature games in its lineup,

sony has a HUGE array of games, your not just limited to 1 or 2 good games and a pile of pokemon,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, buy em both, they both rock, ps2 is more expensive, but cheaper in the end, that is if you convert it eh.
i own ps2, ps1, snes, nintendo64 , nintendo gamecube, gb,gbc*,gba*gba-sp, the things with * are sold.
so eh, id again say both, but do playstation if you can only buy 1,cuz you can buy games for like 5 euro's if you have converted your ps2, thats why i have a ps2 game collection over the 150 games ^_^

Best answers
nuttzy said:
ps2 fanboy?, i own a gamecube, a GBA, a game gear, sega genesis, dreamcast saturn, ps1, ps2, nintendo 64, gamecube and an xbox,

out of all those i like the ps2 the most, if having an opinion is the definition of fanboy, sign me up,

i like the playstation cuz im over the age of 10, nintendo has maybe 1 or 2 good mature games in its lineup,

sony has a HUGE array of games, your not just limited to 1 or 2 good games and a pile of pokemon,
:\ mature....you mean like much of blood, violence, sex etc. mature is for me a game that has waterproof gameplay and a great story..like zelda...or metroid prime....super mario sunshine :] ... not like the ps2 with it's pile of crap "mature" games :S

Best answers
Its good to see other people that don't think that graphics make or break a game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crap?, well, this being a thread on opinion ill let you get away with it =P,

if you want toi play as cartoon little kids fighting extremely unrealistic enemies, buy a gamecube,

if you want to have a litle taste of realism and seriosness, buy a ps2,

its all a matter of what you want in a game, and most mature gamers dont look for most of what gamecube has to offer.

im am not a fanboy, like i said i own a gamecube as well, i bought it for RE and MP, sad to say nintendo KILLED the RE series, RE2 will always be the best RE game,

i dont care about graphics if the game is good, earthbound for SNES pwnz,
but good graphics do help games get off of store shelves,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom