new work in progress esf mod

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Well lets say they still have a longshot to go.
I have tryed it out and seen many things that can be improven a lot.

- Models; try to get them all in 1 style. At the moment I see budokai and old school style mixed up.
- Sprites; the full animations of some sprites are not availeble try to fix that as well.
- Animations; Some characters missing animations
- Xiro; give him other sounds since he has majin buu sounds now. (look for an voice actor who could fit his role since he is af character).
- Transformations Goku Vegeta; Its a long road to gain final form. Try to short this by using the skip level transformation.

I understand its beta but still have a long way to finish this one and come close to esf final.

Badassologist Ph/D
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Interesting, but you do realize the new version of ESF will bring pretty much everything to a whole new level, thus rendering it obsolete?
Well from what I have heard about the changes between 1.2.3 and ESF: Final, ESF: Final is not going to feel much like ESF 1.2.3. Many players might end up playing both versions of the game because 1.2.3 is geared towards being able to be a pro. 1.2.3 pro players are able to do amazing things in the game making it hard for new players. ESF: Final is going to be geared towards making it easier for new players to jump in and be able to stick with the game instead of rage quitting after 5 minutes of being destroyed. 1.2.3 IMO will be more competitive whereas Final will be more for fun or recreation.

This said, im sure people will still play 1.2.3 and also ECX and hopefully SKG's upcoming mod for ESF 1.2.3.

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
SKG is not the only upcomming mod just to let you know.
Infact there are 3 more ECX based mods comming that I know of.

- XCE - Xtreme Chaos Evolution
- Matias_ESF Patch
- ECX - World of Destiny

So you can choose :D

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
yes sting i recognize all these things but like you said still a beta ye we are at the very beginning and have a long road to go but as i know it so does every one else XDDD i think tht this will end up being very good and as i know it xce has shut down there is alot fo work on and we plan on working on it. all in due time tho cant do every thing at once but i can guarentee that by the end of our mod in how many years it takes. it will be very good :) all i ask is for all of your support as i have given my support to all of you

--- edit ---

abondoning my forum for a new and better one and reuplaoding beta 4 to new spot will psot link soon

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Good job Werty on your add-on to our 1.2.3 release. I do hope you succeed in bring your goal to life, Its going to be a very long journey for you, but I hope you reach it.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well from what I have heard about the changes between 1.2.3 and ESF: Final, ESF: Final is not going to feel much like ESF 1.2.3. Many players might end up playing both versions of the game because 1.2.3 is geared towards being able to be a pro. 1.2.3 pro players are able to do amazing things in the game making it hard for new players. ESF: Final is going to be geared towards making it easier for new players to jump in and be able to stick with the game instead of rage quitting after 5 minutes of being destroyed. 1.2.3 IMO will be more competitive whereas Final will be more for fun or recreation.

This said, im sure people will still play 1.2.3 and also ECX and hopefully SKG's upcoming mod for ESF 1.2.3.
Dont be to sure. One could say the same for the 1.1 to 1.2 transition. What people could do in 1.1 was breathtaking. Lots of times beyond things you see in 1.2

But dont misstake the final to be a to friendly place. While we did add a dertain luck factor, that can be nullified if the player is good enough. There is less restrictions on movement to so its a whole new level to master.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
ESFF needs a hardcore/1.1/1.2 mode.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
They moved to Sting's forum, I guess it hasn't been mentioned.

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Final is everything accept piecefull and friendly.
The quick gameplay is still there and improved.
Melee battles you never seen before in 1.1 or 1.2 series.

But I am not sure if ESF1.2.X still has a future.
Maybe for some but thats only if they dont like ESF:F.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
i still think they are different enough in that if someoen makes a desent enough mod for esf 1.2.3 that people will play esf final and esf mod still in the future

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i still think they are different enough in that if someoen makes a desent enough mod for esf 1.2.3 that people will play esf final and esf mod still in the future
Same problem as 1.1 Noone will bother. Everyone will just migrate.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
perhaps all we can do is wait and see

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom