New user of ESF (My thoughts)

Best answers
Hello.

Im a new user of the ESF. And i just wanted to tell u people that this game is great! Its fun and theres lotsa' action in it.

I just think that its a pity that not so many people play this game. Because everytime I go to INTERNET GAMES I rarely see a ESF game. Theres like 90% CS servers and the rest is mixed. So I think its a good idea to spread the word out .. U know to DBZ fansites ..

I have a couple in mind. So I'll go over there and make a post. U people could help out too so this game wont be so small.

The thing that I dont like is that too many servers doesn't work. And the bugs .. Mann they can be so annoying. I think the creators should try to solve the bug problem fast ...

Best answers
Well isn't there usally a lot of servers(well cause the 1st time i played online there were a quite few servers on).Oh your also a new member welcome to the site hope you have a gr8 time here!

Best answers
Wait until ESF 1.2 comes out on the 8th. Chances are that it'll bring a bunch of new servers out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, with 11,000+ fans, ESF is hardly small.

There's not a lot of servers because its been a while since the last release and people are tired of playing the same thing.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well 11,000 + fans is a ridiculously high estimate. I'd say maybe a third of the names registered on the forums are legitimate or were legitimate, but there are more people that just play and don't have accounts here, so I'd definitely say it's in the thousands. The community that actually *plays* has gotten smaller over time as people get a little tired of 1.1 repetition but it should shoot back up when 1.2 is released, and grow steadily over time as more features are implamented. If 1.2 doesn't do it, 1.3 will.

Best answers
Almax said:
I just think that its a pity that not so many people play this game. Because everytime I go to INTERNET GAMES I rarely see a ESF game. Theres like 90% CS servers and the rest is mixed.
Assuming you use WON, you should filter your server list so that it shows only ESF servers. Might make it easier for you to find a good esf server. If you use Steam...ask someone else..o_o

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Same deal with steam, use filters, But I assume he is using won because steam automatically sets filters for the mod when you start up the mod

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aniways there are round 30 ESF, EVM and EEA servers online 24/7 foe won
dont know about steam (dont have it jet)

Best answers
i think to myself... *a ****load of people are going to come when 1.3 comes out*

i can see the noobs now: "OMG LOOKIE AT MY TRANSFOREMD"

Best answers
Theres less servers on school days after school i see lot more servers mostly evm now days .Soon as 1.2 comes out servers should drop up wish i hope is soon i would get some pratice in 1.2 is going to need skillfull people.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is true. If you do use steam there are very few servers running at any given time on it. Most of the community is stuck in the days of Won. 1.2 will turn that around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has a small community because there are so many dividers:

You have WON or Steam (divides the community in half), then you have within both WON and Steam: EEA, EVM and ESF then within them password protected servers. This means that if you were to go by the numbers, about 1/4 servers for WON, and 1/4 servers for Steam are playable for a new players (roughly, I'm not going into exact calculations here =P). Although, more servers will be ESF 1.1 (regular) since many people don't know what EEA or EVM are. Lets hope they release the WON version later than the Steam version of 1.2b so we can cut that number down to 1/1 or 1/2 servers you find are playable. And then we can have instead of 10 servers on Steam, around 30 (lets hope).

Best answers
sounds good, i use both WON and steam depending on whether i'll actually play, since i dont play much at all because i am bored of it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You also have to consider this game is still in the Beta stages. In other words, it's not close to an acknowledgeable completion. I honestly predict a steady increase in server as this game is tweaked and improved.

I have been playing CS since Eagle and his crew released the original 2 maps. Mansion and Hideout. I can tell you that there weren't as many server as there are now when CS was in the early stages. Be patient.... a lot more great things await this mod.

Best answers
exactly, im just saying im bored as hell of 1.1 :shocked:

Best answers
Dante7524 said:
Assuming you use WON, you should filter your server list so that it shows only ESF servers. Might make it easier for you to find a good esf server. If you use Steam...ask someone else..o_o
Yes. I've played HL & CS lot'sa time before so I do know how to use the Filter. But when I always come across a ESF SERVER I always make it a Favorite Server so that I dont lose the server and dont have to wait a looong time ....

Im looking forward to seing the new version.

To MR.SATAN: How do I use those servers? U know the ones u added on the LINK??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the link with the servers Mr.Satan gave, theres an ip address beside the server name. You can use the won system to find the ip address, directing you to the server.

I personally use The All Seeing Eye to find all my servers. Loads appear on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom