New Type Of Client.DLL Error o.0

Best answers
when i try to play a game it gives me this message C: \sierra\half-Life\ESF\cl_dlls\client.dll and yes i have installed the fmod from esf networkxx various times ive tryed reinstalling hl/esf and fmod.dll but nothing works.any solutions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you either (A) Installed the wrong one (there are two FMOD.DLL's on ESF-World) or (B) You don't have the fully up to date ESF version (you need ESF 1.1).

You can get the ESF compatible FMOD.DLL here

Best answers
ok did that.. now when i enter the single server open to public (what the hells with that? only one? making my troubles not worth it...) Its making me downlaod all these sounds and stuff, which shouldnt i already have?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not necessarily, if they are running EEA or EVM. This is an addon for ESF and you'll have to go get that to play on those servers. Try to avoid servers with EEA or EVM in their name if you don't have it. Sometimes you'll still have to download sounds and such, this is because they are running some type of plugin, in which you need sounds. So if it is an EEA or EVM server, don't join it, if it isn't, just wait and download the sounds. Oh and no starting threads about how to install\where can I get one of these addons. You can get the information here. Any thread you create about EEA or EVM is going to be closed, so keep any questions you have about their addon, on their forums. Hope this helps.

Best answers
lol dont wry i have no intent to create one, but i would like to MSN or AIM you instead of going threw the trouble of waiting for a reply...

Best answers
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH this game is making me very mad, how can you release a version that sooooo many people are having errors with?

Best answers
sorry if i wasnt more specific the reason i said new type of error is because yes i have the fmod from esf networxx and the newest HL my other hl games work onlin its just esf doing this

Best answers
This is so frustrating... i let it download stuff for 15 mins.. i come back, and its downloading MODELS.. i think its trying to downlaod every file of the game... AAAHHH

Best answers
ha...hahaha......hahaha.... *crys* So i just threw all the esf files into my halflife folder.. so its jsut a whole mess of files... But hey... it runs now, but now it crashes right before i enter the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Knight_0 said:
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH this game is making me very mad, how can you release a version that sooooo many people are having errors with?
The team didn't release a version that soooooooooo many people blah bla cry me a river, please.

Different mods use a different version of the fmod.dll, and depending on what one you have installed (due to installing other mods that use fmod.dll), if it's different than the one ESF was made for, you'll get the client.dll error, so don't blame the team.

Best answers
Knight_0 said:
ha...hahaha......hahaha.... *crys* So i just threw all the esf files into my halflife folder.. so its jsut a whole mess of files... But hey... it runs now, but now it crashes right before i enter the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Use OpenGL Video mode or download the ESF Steam Installer @ Esf-World

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I told you not to join an EEA or EVM server. If it's downloading that many models, you definately assume it's an EEA or EVM server. Just quit and find another one. And don't double post Knight_0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom