New POTM

Best answers
So what does that stuff mean? esf 1.2 is almost here? huh? huh? is it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope, i heard the team say that they wont release beta 1.2 and just starting to work on beta 1.3 thats the one they are gonna release.
so it might take another year or so

:D
j/k

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You were so believing Reptile..
I really hope 1.2 is around the corner, 1.1 is boaring as hell..
Im busy playing CoH though, so I might not play 1.2

Best answers
Well first I thaught there were 2 Gokus vs Trunks.. but than thats just an effect. Lol I hope in game it looks better, cause the goku model in the screenshots looks like it was made by a n00b

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you make a video of it?
or we will have to wait to see it ourselfs?

Best answers
i can hardly tell what goes on over there, so i can't really pass judgement, i do have questions however... judghing by goku's hair, either the model changed or their hair moves when they do their moves. is this a new feature to 1.2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
practicaly all the animations use moving hair from ki blasts to power ups to transformations

Best answers
Um yeah the bad thing is that you must do in the animation the hair. I mean you must make it move in the animation. I guess this damn old hl engine can't handle real time hair movement without some animations :(

Best answers
oh well... it iis still extremely badass comparded to what half life was in its time.... amazing what they can still do with the HL engine, Bravo guys, Bravo...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CS-LAND said:
Um yeah the bad thing is that you must do in the animation the hair. I mean you must make it move in the animation. I guess this damn old hl engine can't handle real time hair movement without some animations :(
Heh, half-life is old and all but stop putting it down so much. Most games dont support hair animation, even the newer ones. Hell, look at quake3, you cant even animate the head md3.
In HL (just with the current sdk) you can implement bump mapping, cg shaders, and even rag doll if you have the tallent.
And either way, we've had animated hair since beta 1.0, were the hell have you been for the last past year and 1/2?

Edit: Actually... You can implement real time hair animations. You have access to the code that calculates the bone origins and rotations, so you can set up a system that would simulate hair movement on specified bones.
Two quick examples of bone manipulation/usage are...
1) In mechmod we have saber support. You turn the saber on and it follows a path of bones, complete with a smooth trail.
2) In ESF's new "smooth flying" feature I use 3 of 6 different animations and interpolate them (depending on the players velocity) to create one smooth and unique animation.

Although it is possible to do the hair animation, I probably couldn't pull it off.. My mathmatical background is rather weak -_- I dont even fully understand the use of matricies, let alone quaternions...

Best answers
grrr said:
*hint* press e with goku ;)
but when you fly fast there isn't any particular change in the movement, i'm asking about real movement...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
i dont even get anything of it :) prolly better for me though,
this way i can leave the house
What are you trying to imply?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
What are you trying to imply?
I'm sure Joe leaves the house Reptile, just he can understand things you can't just like you can probably understand things he can't.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Reptile said:
i dont even get anything of it :) prolly better for me though,
this way i can leave the house
Umm lets not get into this as Shadow already said this is one intrest of Joe's we know nothing about his personal life so we shouldn't be commenting.We should just be happyand thank him that he is taking time out of his busy life to work on this MOD as he doesn't have to but rather chooses to. so lets stop this.

On-Topic : The picture looks intresting and like shadow said there seem to be lots of hidden feature's waiting for us in ESF 1.2 . :laff:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
[S] said:
Umm lets not get into this as Shadow already said this is one intrest of Joe's we know nothing about his personal life so we shouldn't be commenting.We should just be happyand thank him that he is taking time out of his busy life to work on this MOD as he doesn't have to but rather chooses to. so lets stop this.
agrreed ... even if i "only" do some mapping for esf, you ppll should stop complaining about esf (i not talking to all of you now) but rather be thankfull that we spend or free-time in this mod. aswell like ppl over at several esf rescource sites, ..... we dont recive any money at it overall ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom