New Funimation Channel 24/7 Devoted to Anime Cartoons

Best answers
Lid said:
HEY GUYS ALL AMERICAN CARTOONZ SUCK AND JAPANENSE IS THE ONLY GOOD CARTOON. THEY ARE SO DEEP AND MEANINGFUL AND LIKE SAMURAI JACK HAS TRIED TO RIP IT OFF SO I MUST HATE IT! HOW CAN AMERICAN'S LIKE THEIR CARTOONZ LOLZ! SOMEONE GIVE ME SOJ FOR SHAKO!

Jesus Christ.
u tellin me X-men Evolution was less than BRILLIANT?

Lid

L
You have no idea how many violent acts I have just prayed upon you.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks to funimation we are able to watch anime with daylight. Without funimation i would have never even came to know about these forums, or ESF itself. Really, you shouldn't blame funimation that much.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lid said:
HEY GUYS ALL AMERICAN CARTOONZ SUCK AND JAPANENSE IS THE ONLY GOOD CARTOON. THEY ARE SO DEEP AND MEANINGFUL AND LIKE SAMURAI JACK HAS TRIED TO RIP IT OFF SO I MUST HATE IT! HOW CAN AMERICAN'S LIKE THEIR CARTOONZ LOLZ! SOMEONE GIVE ME SOJ FOR SHAKO!

Jesus Christ.
HAH HAH! I LAUGH AT YOU! Apparently you've never seen shows like the Animaniacs, or Freakazoid, or Pinky and the Brain! That's all i can think of for now, but these shows pwn Naruto and w/e else japan spends all it's time drawing.

Best answers
You people want an example of an American style wannabe anime rip-off? Teen Titans and Totally Spies are major rip offs of Japanese anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
HAH HAH! I LAUGH AT YOU! Apparently you've never seen shows like the Animaniacs, or Freakazoid, or Pinky and the Brain! That's all i can think of for now, but these shows pwn Naruto and w/e else japan spends all it's time drawing.
Apparently you dont understand his post... it was supposed to be a joke

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And mine was serious o_O? Oh, the majority of people that made teen titans were in fact japanese. Look at the credits.

Best answers
Samurai Jack rocks!!!
But yeah, I wouldn't mind a a funimation channel, it'll give me a chance to see some anime that I haven't had chance to yet.

Best answers
-JLN- said:
Samurai Jack rocks!!!
But yeah, I wouldn't mind a a funimation channel, it'll give me a chance to see some anime that I haven't had chance to yet.
Samurai Jack owns i just got the dvd for it

Best answers
i made a topic about this before... interesting.

anime is good and all, but how much quality stuff will they be putting out? ive seen some crappy anime in my day. lets hope that this channel doesnt show me more.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh classic, i can see now how their guy pitched the idea

"ive got some good and bad news, ill give you the good news first, the good news is youll have a channel that shows anime 24/7,

..the bad news is, its funimations"

Best answers
Lid said:

Jesus Christ.
Watch it Lid, the point i was trying to get across was that toonami ****ed themselfs up, they could have been like funi and created an amazing channel showing some class anime, db, dbz, blue gender, gundam etc but instead they showed alot more american cartoons, and basically yes they doo suck and face it, **** knows you american or sumit, i didnt mean any ofense by it im simply stating it! so dont ***** at me.

And i didnt once say all american cartoons suck, so shut up, and frankly i dont care if your mod or admin or what ever you are, im getting my point across! We are all entitled to our opinion...

-SaN

Best answers
good lord you guys, why are you all so militant about cartoons? some of you guys have formed beleifs that seem to run a LITTLE bit too deep..... i mean, hey everybody has their own opinions of shows, but you dont have to yell at eachother over wether or not dubbed anime is any good..... i mean i used to love dubbed dbz, cause altho the diologue sucked it was still entertaining, i mean some of u guys the way ur talkin, ud think funimation drew a mustache on the original mona lisa... but anyways yeah just dont turn this into a pissin' contest of anime opinions, thats all im sayin

Lid

L
I think I love you fatman.

Oh and San I read your post up until "showing some class anime, db, dbz, blue gender, gundam etc" because I assumed the rest would just be s peil about how American cartoons are not good, and your using examples of what anime fans consider to not be "class" anime.

EDIT: Upon completing the post let me look at the following lines and see if anybody see's the irony:

"instead they showed alot more american cartoons, and basically yes they doo suck and face it"

"We are all entitled to our opinion..."

Oh and additonally: **** knows you american or sumit, i didnt mean any ofense by it im simply stating it! so dont ***** at me.

Somebody please decypher.

Best answers
Why is there a thread about what.....Funimation?

What the hell......I for one thought it was common sense to dislike Funimation.

You all making a big deal about this is pretty freaking sad, its cartoons/anime on a stupid network not to mention shows that have been going on for years and not to mention suck them selves..

Anime might be good but there is no need to pinch each others nipples about somthing as stupid as Funimation.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funimation is just the FCC's (Facist and Corporate Censorship) puppet. They take an anime filled with gore and sexual humor and turn it into christmas trees and easter eggs. Then we wonder why the teen suicide rate is so high.

Society tries to hide and control it's simplest realities (sex & violence) and treat them like lost artifacts that you just happen to have discovered, overloading growing children with confusion and doubt in anything anyone in this already propaganda-filled government has to say.

Basically, they ironically exploit sex and violence as being more extravagent than it actually is, clouding children with a false reality. Violence is wrong, of course, but complete knowledge and understanding is the key to preventing it.

Instead they try their best to hide it, making it an ill-fated revelation for each generation to slowly encounter....

One 12 year old said to another, "Did you know Funimation took out all the blood and vulgar language?"

He replied, "Really? I wonder what we missed?"

"I don't know, but I hate them for doing that. I think they suck and I want to kamehameha their CEO!"

"I agree!", runs to computer, "We should download the original Jap eps to see what we missed!"

"Yeah!"

They watch the original eps, having the violent and vulgar scenes already so glorified, they become numb and see it all in a more extreme way. I truly believe most humans have the "this is bad" radar within them, but it can be clouded by speculations of the unknown and highly restricted.

Funimation, you created a monster.

Best answers
uhhhhh i think thats goin a little deep saying that by funimation making anime kid friendly, they are breeding a generation of numb monsters.....i mean once again, dude, they are cartoons...we have action movies to expose us to violence and sex, and i think its wierd to say that little kids should be exposed to violence (and every government is propaganda filled, its just how it is and its been that way since forever)

Best answers
If i knew what you were going on about, id probally post a meaninful reply but i dont... oO ?

And yes its just cartoons, we are all grown ups here lol :D
..well some of us ^^
-SaN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom