New aura < flowing upwards >

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris, are you going to make this "curving" aura? would be nice to see a cool aura for 1.2, (sorry i dont like the default 1.2 aura)

Best answers
if ur gonna make a new aura do it right....lets get some electricity in the aura ya know, bring it to life, the previous auras look like ****....sorry but criticism is in order lol.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how abouts, lets get an aura in process first ^^

once Chris has teh curves and the screwing technique right, then we can talk about adding little effects like electric lol ^^

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah woah woah woah! i never said i WOULD do this. i might do it if im bored and i have nothing to do.

Best answers
u dont have anything to do dont worry :) jk, but seriously u can do it, ur the man! go for it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
woah woah woah woah! i never said i WOULD do this. i might do it if im bored and i have nothing to do.
board and nothing to do like now...? :p

Best answers
how are you supposed to animate that aura in that way anyway? i tried but it didn't work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RIGHT. heres how to make your own flowing aura.

1: preparing the model:-
first, copy and paste aura.mdl into its own folder and use ms3d to decompile it, then get your animating aura, eg: Darksuns aura as an example and decompile that, delete all the model and skins on your current aura then import DS's aura without the skeleton.

2:Rigging the model:-
This is the trickyest part. First, you'll notice the current skeleton revolves around four segments. Start with the bottom one. Select the points of the spikes nearest to each bone branching off the main part bone, work your way around each part, making sure you can deform it well,
Tip: it helps to hide the assigned verticles so you do not mess up and assign incorrectly.
One all the points are assigned, select the unassigned bulk and assign that to the main bone, the one where nothing branches off. if you have hidden the assigned verts as you worked around, its a simple select and assign job.

4: Creating the looping animation for your work :-
frame one, normal positions for the bones, set it and move to frame ten, move the bones half way up and spead out a little, giving it the flow feeling, move on to frame twenty, move bones to top and pull them back in, set this and move to frame twenty five, copy/paste the first frame and set, move one frame back, set this frame, then delete the previously set frame and move the max counter down, this adds to the smoothness of looping.

REMEMBER! the current model consists of two sub models, one for standing and one for flying, you will have to repeat the assigning for the upside down aura too, otherwise it'll be two different auras...

there you have it, one looping flowing aura, ive kept it as simple as i can, so people who know how skeletons and models function in ms3d will have no problem. ;O

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
reckoning if a thread is over a month old, keep it that way, dont bump old threads

/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom