New aura < flowing upwards >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Allright, tell me what you think, do we like the current default aura ?
I`ve got an idea for a new one, with his permission ofcourse, darksuns aura could be used as a model, but the nice thing would be an animated skin,
it flows up constantly like in the show, i don`t know if it is possible to have an animated skin, < srry > and if it can`t be done to bad man, I think it would be really nice.
someone plz tell me if it can be done, I`ve had this idea for a while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no animatable skins in hl1 unfortunatly, only other way is to make the model move upwards, i could try it out, but im too lazy atm since its the british 3-0 win pint hour for me =O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i rescaled darksuns aura to fit over the model.. i like it, it looks very clean.. would be better if it flowed upwards.. i think it could be possible.. i mean it's a model, just add an animation. right now i have the one that spins in a circle

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, with a little work and thought, you can make the user "think" that there is an animated texture. I know how to do it, too lazy though.

Best answers
Is this double posting ???? if it is im truly sorry, im new to forums.
Yes there is a animated aura out there, but its kinda crappy, it goes up and then it jumps back down really fast, a moving skin would`ve been awesome, to bad.

OW another idea, is it possible to do a 2d cellshaded aura ??? that could be raising easy.
And please explain chris, I`m curious

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no... cel-shading is impossible in Half-life...

and no, youre not souble posting...

and no, my idea wouldnt be animated for the model to flow upwards, the model would spin in circles. It would only give the "illusion" that the skin is flowing upwards.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't believe it, everyone got a great idea, and know's how to do it, but they refuse to say how, because you are to lazy!
I maybe have a idea, lets make the aura, of eight independant models.
Every model is like a ring, and put each model (aura piece) on top of the other model (aura piece), until you got a full nice aura.
Then let every piece of aura, go upwards and when they reach the top, each piece of aura disapeares, but it does'nt stop there.
If the piece of aura disapears on the top, a other piece wel apear in the under section of the aura.
So there, you have a nice aura flowing upwards.

Problem, milkshape does'nt work on my pc, it crashes the whole time.
Does someone has a patch for it?

Best answers
Sounds like it could work, but those rings/pieces need to grow when below the middle and shrink when above, is that possible ?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not, the other models (Explosions for example) , can shrink as well, or become bigger as well.

Best answers
Are there any modelers out there who are sick of this aura and wanna try and make this idea happen ??? it simply NEEDS to be done :p cmon ppl make the esf community happy

Best answers
i can do this in 3dsmax if some1 can convert models with animations from 3dsmax to ms3d

well actually i can give it a try but it doesnt supposed to be that hard

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to make an aura is easy but the only thing is that i can't make it complyeble and i can't animate.
so if there get's an aura cometition, i'm in :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
no... cel-shading is impossible in Half-life...
not exactly...there is a way to cellshade in Half Life, look at the cell shade pack that was released for 1.1, it looks alot like cell shading....so it is possible in a way, btw i thnk that the explosion part is in the coding, not the model....and if u were gonna do that 8 independant model aura....is it possible to make some part of the model dissapear withou having it to be coded in?

Best answers
explosions are actually sprites anyway, models dont really apply to that

or at least I think they are...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystic~Shadow: Thats not cel-shading. Thats an outline with solid colors. It still has real-time shadows.

Best answers
we should make the aura like flames. kinda like the kaioken, but in different colors. that would be fun, wouldn't it? and maybe when they're super saiyan they get lightning. since we can't go to super saiyan 2-4

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they have plans to get to ssj2 and even(only goku >_> ) ssj3 in 1.3 .
and since you're new, i'm gonna say it to you before you want something from it.
esf is non movies/gt/db , so only the things in dbz series. :D

Best answers
Flying Dutchman said:
Allright, tell me what you think, do we like the current default aura ?
I`ve got an idea for a new one, with his permission ofcourse, darksuns aura could be used as a model, but the nice thing would be an animated skin,
it flows up constantly like in the show, i don`t know if it is possible to have an animated skin, < srry > and if it can`t be done to bad man, I think it would be really nice.
someone plz tell me if it can be done, I`ve had this idea for a while.
  • SKIN CANT BE ANIMATED
  • DarkSun's Aura is already released and you can use it with typing this command:
    well I dont remmeber the name atm but you can try it out like this:
    type in console cmdlist or cvarlist and afterwards type *aura* or without the first\last *
    then try out those commands till you are able to use the replaced model

I assigned a skin to a very simple model and made it flow upwards,
    it had tons of poly cause I actually made it spin / rotate / whatever
    like electrical stairs
    and I assign all the required joints to where I need to... scaled it
    and the animation make the skin look like its animated so its exactly like the show
    as a skin I used gohan's shield spr... hehe lol and other skins too...
    and I have a good wip for an ESF 1.2 Aura model

explosions are wrl files and spr files
    to shrinks a model we need one of the 2
    esf1.2 code - which no1 will get I suppose
    unlimited joints and time to assign them
    then you move all joints to the center as an animations once you finished assigning it currectly to every vertex of the model

Aura model is one model
    2 models at the same time - example: a player lets say goku
    and an aura - the model
    thats 2 models at the same time - to make that we need code source
    which we wont get

well I hope I got all questions answered... lol
    gl

G
ur 4getting something, making an aura isnt simple, just look at the ESF aura skeli!

as for the aura peice dissapearing, simply resize it and put back at the bottom, simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom