New aura < flowing upwards >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
hey rosho, just wondering but why do you have heightmax as your sig, have u used it?

Best answers
its a joke, sarcazm
its another of those ways for stupid pplz to make money lol

and I dont ferget the skelly, lol its OK I know what Im doing

EDIT: ;( AND ITS NOT ROSHO!!! ITS ROSHKO! ;/

Best answers
niobe said:
they have plans to get to ssj2 and even(only goku >_> ) ssj3 in 1.3 .
and since you're new, i'm gonna say it to you before you want something from it.
esf is non movies/gt/db , so only the things in dbz series. :D

ooh ok... well i was just thinking it was the whole dragon ball thing cuz people started making models of gt and stuff. sry to bug ya

Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
no... cel-shading is impossible in Half-life...

and no, youre not souble posting...

and no, my idea wouldnt be animated for the model to flow upwards, the model would spin in circles. It would only give the "illusion" that the skin is flowing upwards.
u mean like the screw effect?

Best answers
you know how electrical stairs in malls work?

same thing - this is my idea and my way of doing a flowing model,
lots of joints to work on though... hehe

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
no... cel-shading is impossible in Half-life...

and no, youre not souble posting...

and no, my idea wouldnt be animated for the model to flow upwards, the model would spin in circles. It would only give the "illusion" that the skin is flowing upwards.
Cell shading is possible...you gotta go beyond the hafllife coding...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hobomaster, yes, i do mean the screw effect :) Glad you actually noticed. I think it can be pulled off easily too, say, with an aura like Darksun's, for example. Though some clever UVMapping or at lease clever texturing is needed.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, I was thinking about borrowing darksuns idea for the aura flowing upwards if he doesnt mind. But Id rather have it so that the model itself flows rather than the skin.. would look much better. Im gonna try and make that happen for 1.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jaja.. well, animated auras work a little easyer, i did a quicky a min ago,
check it HERE (1.9mb)

its not much, but if someone wants a flowy aura, i guess somthing like thats as far as your going to get, you cant get animatable skins, and the bone systems a git for the 1.2 aura.. 2 models at different angles with only one idle anim for them..as you see, the standing ones fine, the swoop ones ok too, it just has a unusual flow since its basicly upside down :|..if you guys want, i'll slap this one on esf-world, as soon as someone tells me how to compile with multiple skins... otherwise its white aura for everyone :O

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, shijing, mind if i modify your animation a bit to implement the screw efect into it when and if you release it?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the texture (or the uvmap, whichever) is curved, so than when it turns, makes it look like the little energy thingys are going up...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shijing, watch the intro for DragonBall Z, and the last 5 seconds when the title dragonball z drops, goku will charge or transform into ssj and when he does that, the first bit of teh aura is curved,,,that ment by people who say they want a curved aura ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt know usually since i hardy watch dbz, too kiddy -_-

but anyways, why cant you do it yourself ice man? its easy enough, no new skeleton, just need to reassign the aura points and make a 20 frame animation of it spreading and flowing, then you can add your "curve" (rotating model thing i think your telling me).. ;O

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice-man!?

YOU CALLED ME ICEMAN!?

Anyway, yeah, i guess i can do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom