nerf on candy beam

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking, and it occured to me the reason buu is so overpowered. When a pro or good player uses buu, at any time where he wants either powerlevel, or health he can just find some newb or somebody low on health and candy them. To add to that (which i think is great) is he will be getting attacks from characters in 1.3 or so i believe. I mean, when other characters need health they must find sensu's (which i think are extict for good reason) and if they want powerlevel they have to work their ass off to get it. Yes i understand that this is a signature move for buu, but the way it works is rediculous, it does quite heavy damage when u are immobile for whatever reason as it causes damage per second.

What i think should be done is if the opponent being candified is above 20% health depending on the percentage of health the damage dealt wud be different per second, so at 100 percent health it would do 0% damage where as 90% would do 1 damage and so on, however if their health is lower than 20 percent then it should work as it does now with so much damage per second. Or the ki cost on candy beam should be higher the more health the opponent has... i dunno. I just think this'd make buu's candy beam less leathal and not such a useful tool as it'd have to be used wisely.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with that first part about damage being based on current health, that would work well.

Also I think maybe it shouldn't work as a laser but an unchargeable straight beam that you can't steer (like the SBC only attached) with a very small pink explosion. That way you wouldn't be able to just focus it on someone as they move around, and would only use it if you were sure they had low health.

Best answers
Actually the problem with the candy beam is not the candy beam itself, but the melee. The melee causes the pauses where you can easily be candied (like after 2 melee hits in the air). Even tho it can be done after a throw as well, it's alot more riscy and costs more ki. So basically, you get candied when you : recover, are stuck in the ground/wall or rolling.

Most of these come from the slow knockbacks (you try candying someone who flies across the map :p) used in simple melee. Fix the melee one way or another and the candy beam isn't going to be so much of a problem anymore, they just made it too easy for buu players now.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
What i think should be done is if the opponent being candified is above 20% health depending on the percentage of health the damage dealt wud be different per second, so at 100 percent health it would do 0% damage where as 90% would do 1 damage and so on, however if their health is lower than 20 percent then it should work as it does now with so much damage per second. Or the ki cost on candy beam should be higher the more health the opponent has... i dunno. I just think this'd make buu's candy beam less leathal and not such a useful tool as it'd have to be used wisely.
Agreed. This is the *main* reason Buu is overpowered.
At the moment it's a buu pro's laming move of paradise :
"simple melee, candy beam, simple melee, candy beam. repeat"

91% - 100% health = 0 per damage per second
21% - 90% health = 1 damage per second
Below 20% health = regular damage per second

I think that one would work the best. Good idea.

Best answers
what if instead of certain nr of dam could be used a presentage dam
like 5% of helth ber sekond(dot below 1dam ber sek)

Best answers
No offense or anything, but I think the average, smart buu player won't candy on high hp's in the first place. They'll mostly beat you till your hp is low and then finish the job with the candy beam meaning this solution isn't going to work all that great as you might think it will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
carnage is right, if you candy beam when the person has just started fighting from respawn or high hp or whatever, there is a chance you will kill them with melee instead of candy beam.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't agree more. The candy attack is the most overpowered attack in the game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
carnage is right, if you candy beam when the person has just started fighting from respawn or high hp or whatever, there is a chance you will kill them with melee instead of candy beam.
not neccecarily true... today i was fighting a buu and every time after he melee'd be he'd candy me a bit, that does about 30 - 40 damage per time. I think that at least the ki used by candy beam should be increased too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's pretty true, don't forget *melee* *melee* *WALL* *candy* too. That can do mad damage and as soon as they see your PL dropping on the scouter, they'll just candy away.

Best answers
I like this idea for Candy, it makes it better.

Offtopic: I really don't get why everyone thinks Buu is overpowered, ok, if your Gohan or Trunks, you transform fast, so when you transform get your power level so fast, you get faster than Buu, and you get stronger than him, making easy for you to kill him.

Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
I like this idea for Candy, it makes it better.

Offtopic: I really don't get why everyone thinks Buu is overpowered, ok, if your Gohan or Trunks, you transform fast, so when you transform get your power level so fast, you get faster than Buu, and you get stronger than him, making easy for you to kill him.
Buu still has highest speed before you transform, highest health no matter what character/transformation you have, a fast charging powerful beam, and candy beam which helps you keep one step ahead with PL and a top up of health.
Which helps him reach that transformation rather quickly, giving him the most health, and 2nd highest speed in the game. (next to mystic krillin.)

As it is now, candy beam is used to give extra damage as well as giving him PL. When it should really only be a finishing like move.
And then there's the problem with people killing themselves at low health to stop Buu getting his cookies, donuts, chocolate.

I still think that candy beam should be implemented as an advanced melee combo (and cell's tail should be done like this too.)

Best answers
Or, you get turned into a tiny particle of candy. And if your not consumed within 12 seconds, you turn back into your original form.

!

Or you can powerstruggle the candy beam. There has to be some way around it. The show is so unbalanced. I think you should be able to struggle the beam, by putting a energy barrier around yourself. Maybe at 20% health or so, someone candy beams you. Depending on how low your energy is, if you get caught by this and buu overpowers you, you get turned into food. But the food shouldn't feed buu's full life. Your one bar. Buu ate the whole earth and it still wasn't enough.

I guess thats my 2 cents. someone can take this and make it into something else, im bored

Best answers
Good ideas, ill just combine them, O.K When Hit by the candy laser a ps bar will appear But instead of half it'll be a quarter smaller,

(paint ftw)

and so buu gets the advantage but it'll give the other person a fighting chance, anyway,
so when buu wins and the person get turned into candy he lasts like that anywhere from 10 secs to 1 sec depending on the persons pl compared to buu's , if it's too hard to implement then just 5 secs then they return to normal :p C&C?

Best answers
What about when someone is on the ground or recovering, I suppose that would still be struggle-less (seeing as you can't defend yourself from anything else too)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom