Naruto W.I.P.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one called anybody a dumb fake-fan. They're simply saying that his model cannot be better than Enix's. Why?

It's not finished, we'll make our conclusions then.

Enix by reputation is a better modeller... and while this may not have anything to do with the argument, Ravven is good, but Enix just has more experience, and by "default" his polyflow and the like will be better.

Apologies to Ravven if I insulted you D;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The flow on the face looks good, but four sided spikes on a highpoly model don't mix so well :p. This may be a big step, but maybe alpha map the hair on the higher poly version, kinda like they did in the final fantasy 7 movie.

Kinda weird that I got dragged into this for my naruto model, but hey it happens I guess. My naruto model was based on naruto after the 3 year jump [manga only ATM] were he is 16 years old, and it seems Ravven here is doing the 13 year old anime version, one reason that they shouldn't be compared.

As mentioned before, my model was finished, this model is obviously an early WIP, yet another reason it shouldn't be compared, I could come up with a metaphor, but I think that would prove useless... [sucks, cause I freakin' love metaphors]

Best answers
i did not say your model is bad..but i just don't like your head..this head is better...the comparison was about the two heads....nothing more

Best answers
Okay a few things ;) This model is a VERY EARLY W.I.P.. I personaly think that Enix model is great. You can't compare mine and his model, cuz mine is not finished (yet :p) and like said it will be rather a slow progress... Why ? 2 reasons:
- I don't have as much experience as Enix do (it's my 4 model :p, first was Gohan, second and third was two Neji models, which i didn't finished :( )
- I don't have much time now, soon I'm even going to work in England
Okay next, could someone explain me the problem of checkbones ? What's wrong ? (show on pic)
The hair will be two level something like on my Gohan, it was just easier to make hair with these 'four sided spikes' and place them :]

Thank you all for crits and comments :]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meaning that some of the hair isn't joined to the head. He will have a pyramid and just place it where he wants it.

Best answers
ok your head is good ravven, but how is anybody comparing this to enix's his was completley animatable with teeth and a tongue and everything, as far as i remember >_>, plus his was finished, no offence XD

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention Enix went for a different version of Naruto, the 16 years old.
While Ravven is going for the 13 years old version.

And another big and important rule when critting a model, NEVER compare it to a different model, ever. :smile:
that actually fits to any sorts of art.

Ravven, keep it up, I'm curious of how it'll turn out over all =)

Best answers
Finished the head !

Okay guys! finshed the hairs... I started them four times! O_O They took too much time :S So here's what i have now:

crit and comments welcome

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as i can tell that is very nice hair! Try putting the metal part of the headband in a diff smoothing group, it would looks better :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A couple things:

For the hair, I'd suggest you add another row of edges to the spikes so that you can curve them backwards, or have them spray in different directions, instead of jut out every which way. IMO his hair should have some feeling of weight and fluidity to it, and have it spray out would communicate that pretty well, even though it'll up the polycount quite a bit.

While it doesn't seem like you're worried about how many polies you spend, there are way to many polygons in the head band doing nothing towards the model except jacking up the poycount.
The rule here is this: If the polies, vertices, or edges aren't forming or defining a shape, then they're not needed.
I'd suggest either using the polies you have there to form the wrinkles in the headband, or reduce it down to one row of polygon's between the top and bottom area's of it (because it'd look the same, with less things for you to have to manage).

Overall though, good job. It definately looks like him.

Best answers
-> Mr. Phonso

It already has a diffrent smoothing group :D

-> SA_Gohan

What did you mean by spray ? I suck in english u know :p Is there a tool doing sth like this ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

This is what I meant. Every hair spike you have goes out in one direction from its starting point.
My suggestion was for you to add another row of edges to each hair spike so that you could spray them out (give them a curve), thus adding dynamicness to the hair.

Best answers
ahhh i get it :D Np I was planing to do it anyway (that's what i meant by two lvl hairs :D) Now i started the body so i'll post some pics later ;)

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Pretty nice model, although I wonder if you'll ever finish it..

Best answers
Thanks for beliving in me :/
Anyway i made some progres with clothes:

As you can see i haven't finished the boots yet and i kinda don't like the hands :/ Does any1 have the hand refs ?

Coms, crit, drawovers welcome ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... nice mesh flow ._."

anyway on the hands you should simply move the thumb down, and give the hand some edges
just looks at you own hand ^^

simply: just another great Naruto here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
broken thumb! XD
That looks awesome, mind sharing your refs btw?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the sleevs of his arms are a bit to wide. Make them tighter. And for some reason, his hands look very unnatural...I don't know why. Other than that, great model.

Best answers
can you get a close up of your sleeve, to me it looks like you got it almost right. Someone said you need to make it closer i think you just have the wrong kind of edge there... like instead of having a flat face you just come to a point and that is wrong... Sry if this is confusing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom