Naruto W.I.P.

Best answers
Hey guys! Wsup? I found some time today so I decided to model something :] Thanks to my friend Dany Sung I got awersome refs, which help more than a lot :D Thanks Dany! So I started Naruto. This is what I have now (more or less):

On the left side is model with NURMS and on right actual work ;)

Any crits and comments welcome ;)

This model will have rather slow progress as cuz I don't have much free time

EDIT: Sorry if the pics were not visible, serv where i host pics just crashed :/ I'll be hosting pics now on imageshack :]

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great start.
Cant really see anything wrong with it atm.

Best answers
lookin good so far, excpet you should try to stick to quads when your using mesh smooth, also i spy me some 5 sideds on the eye

Best answers
hairs WIP ;]

Okay i did some of the hairs, they look quite nice to me :] Here is what i have now:

No changes in face so i rendered it with nurmbs ;) Tell me what you think. Crit and coments welcome :]

EDIT: Can some one show (post or antything) me 3dsm tutorial for cellshading?? Or mabey someone can do a tutorial ? I find this tehnique uniqe, so I want to learn how to do cellsahded models :]

Best answers
very nice. can't wait to see the complete model and skin. keep up the good work there.

Best answers
Okay, I made hair again. I like them better now :] Head is still incomplete tho... So here are the pics with progress:

and wires :]

So what do U think ? Crit and Comments welcome ;]

Best answers
I think you should make the nose a tad thinner and the tip of his nose a bit more round so it looks "cute" kowai. and smooth the freakin hair xD

Best answers
this is propably the best naruto model i've ever seen.....even better than enix's

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yopyop said:
this is propably the best naruto model i've ever seen.....even better than enix's
The model isnt even done and you're having an opinion like that?...

It looks nice, cheeks bother me a little, dont know exactly whats wrong with them though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
It looks nice, cheeks bother me a little, dont know exactly whats wrong with them though.
Me too, I think the cheekbones stick out a bit too far. If it's going to be cel-shaded though then that's not a problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yopyop said:
I am not sure... but I think Enix's model was about... oh... 1/2 the poly's?
I think it looks good... but the polycount needs to be reduced... and if you plan on skinning it, you should gut out the ears and let the skin do the job.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good grief, the model isn't even FINISHED, and everybody is going on like "oh its better then Enix' one" or "not as good as Enix' one".

I like it, but it doesn't even have a body yet, untill I see that I can draw a further conclusion.

till then, keep up the good job, me likey allot.

Best answers
As well I agree. You can't compare two models when one is very much still in progress and one is completely finished so leave the comments about it's quality at bay until further progress, and if you have to compare it to another model and say 'another one is better', at least explain why.

I as well think the cheekbones are a bit too wide but that maybe the stlye your going for, other then that everything looks pretty good. If it's for a release then you might want to consider chopping polys as you keep modelling, but for now just keep going at it and keep maintaining a good polycount.

Keep it up.

Best answers
but look at enix's head...doesn't look like naruto at all...and he did some fake outfit for him with wrong colors and ****

Best answers
What the hell are you babbling about. Read the Naruto manga or look up Naruto ref pics before you lip off about
wether or not Enix's model looks like Naruto.The Naruto Enix modelled was based off the 2 1/2 year gap in the
series in his new outfit and looks identical to it. Keep up to date before you thrash a model for not being right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make naruto's nose pointy like the cartoon

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Dr. Gero-20 and yopyop - stop comparing this model to Enix's.

1) It's not the same model.
2) It's not finished.
3) It's hardly constructive to say 'It's not as good as...'. Just post the crits needed to make it better, rather than a useless comparison.

Best answers
yopyop said:
but look at enix's head...doesn't look like naruto at all...and he did some fake outfit for him with wrong colors and ****
#1. He did it in a style of his own, and yes it does look like Naruto, just in his style.(A KH Style)

#2. You can't call yourself a true Naruto fan if you don't read the manga, and apparently you don't since you think it was some made up outfit with the wrong colors, so that just completly makes any statements you have null and void.

Anyway! As has been said, you shouldn't compare the two models, this one isn't even close to done anyway.

Its a nice model so far Ravven, keep at it. I can't wait to see the head finished and then the body.

Best answers
1. i know naruto since 3 weeks and watching the jap. anime since than (at epi 100 atm) so what...you cal sb a dumb fake-fan cuz he is not finished with naruto?? you better think of yourself...i don't think you read whole manga in 1 day....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom