my first model

Best answers
Woah, it looks like an armor plate in flat shaded, but it looks great smooth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
strangelly enough neo saiyajin is right, oh and lee= gir.
and i wrote that hand tut.. nice to know it was confusing -_-'

Best answers
ReCkOninG of FirE said:
Actually mad_axman is gir :p he used to be almighty gir then had a name change

anyway its nice but put smoothing groups on the rest of the model, it looks weird atm without them, but really nice for FIRSt :p
so does this mean that mad_axman, Gir, and Lee are all the same person?
and what exactly is neaosaiyan right about?
oh and if your talking about that low poly hand tut i didnt use that one

p.s oh neosaiyan check my sig i dont have to quote since i wrote it originally anyway

edit: dont even try to guess what hand tut i used because i tdosnt look anything like it i just skimmed through the tut to see how to start and how to make the fingers the rest i did myself

Best answers
It looks like a plate of armor on his back. Look where I highlighted the picture.

Best answers
Fix the verts on the right muscles, they create smoothing problems. Personally, I don't think there is really any need for those polies on his VERY back. The Tri-polies on the left and right of his back. They are probably causing the shading problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
If this is your first model, then I think you could possibly become one of the best modelers on the forum.
Hes not even close to the greatest modeler on this forum.. People think he is because.. There ARE a lot of stupid people on this forum :p.

Its ok, just the back is screwed up. Why does the back have a plate on it? And what are those little Triangles on the back that pertrude in to the center?

edit

If its circled in red, basically select the vertices i circled and snap them together, because you have a lot of wasted stuff

Best answers
first of all every vertex serves a purpose, and second of all he didnt say i was the best, he said i might become one of the best in like 2-4 years(i think),
and third of all of all the tools everbody showed me why didnt you show me the cut tool, lucky for all of ius i found it out
edges and faces

smooth

EDIT: oh and i just tried snaping everything together and it leaves no definition in the back in the smoothed version

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should do what crackerjack did and then try defining the back in a different way

here is an example of one of my older projects,

wire:

smooth:

as you can see there are only quads, and few tris. try to aviod making polygones more than 4 sides

Best answers
That looks hard ill try your way when i get a little better, and is that bruce lee?

Best answers
@TRSS
you use Ngons right ?

@
DarkSniper

you should realy redone the mesh of the back of the bruce lee thats realy :shocked:

Best answers
TRSS said:
first of all every vertex serves a purpose, and second of all he didnt say i was the best, he said i might become one of the best in like 2-4 years(i think),
You also have to remember, is that the 'best' modelers are going to get better over time as well, so.. unless we all leave, or you get really good in a week you wont be there for a while =p.

(anyway... WHO CARES! Modeling isnt for baseing on other people! Its for having fun! Making your favourite character and getting better! Just keep on practicing and you WILL get better =]. Its like that for everything that you could possibly do in this world. So keep on modeling, and you will get bettar.

Anyway.. Im really digging the model so far, though, around the mouth on the face has far more polygons then anywhere else on the face, why is this? I think you should weld a few polygons around the face the lower the count in that area.

(And yes, that is bruce lee)

Okay... Quads and N-gons are all tris, they just hide the edges of them so the model dosnt get as messy, (hell, if you had a fairly high poly model, I would go insane if it was veiwed all in tris) Basicly quads are there to make modeling easier, and not as hard arch confusing.

Though, I really think you should redo the back, and get some more flow into it, just do what you think is right dude =].

Best answers
first of all what are n-gons and tris? and as far as the mouth goes i cut like half th polys off already theres just no pic and the nose too. and the back well... i will try a different method on my next model but i dont feel like messin with this one atm. im also gonna try a different method on the hands head and hair. just workin' on gettin my own style ya know, and ill try to use more quads

Best answers
I'm pretty sure an N-Gon is, when N stands for a certain number like the variable x in equations, and gon is short for polygons. What this means is that the Number Value (N) represents how many sides the Polygon (gon) has. For example, 3-gon tri, 4-gon quad, etc. Tri is just a short name for a 3 sided polygon.

Although in modeling, like the poster above said, all of the N-Gons are tris that have their edges hidden.

Best answers
ok heres the face for anybody who wants to see it i cut some polies off the nose and the mouth

Best answers
@NeoSaiyajin

yeah thats right but a ngon can have unlimited sides not only max 4 sides.
but its only good to let the mesh look cleaner.

Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
I'm pretty sure an N-Gon is, when N stands for a certain number like the variable x in equations, and gon is short for polygons. What this means is that the Number Value (N) represents how many sides the Polygon (gon) has. For example, 3-gon tri, 4-gon quad, etc. Tri is just a short name for a 3 sided polygon.

Although in modeling, like the poster above said, all of the N-Gons are tris that have their edges hidden.

I didn't say their were only up to 4 booler.

The model still is looking good. Keep at it.

Best answers
OK already I GET WHAT AN N-GON is N is a variable. but any way any more crits on the face (besides the ears)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom