my first model

Best answers
I think so. It must be because you have only selected one side to unwrap. after you unwrap one side click on the other side and unwrap it.

Best answers
how do i make it so its not mirrored anymore because not not wich side i pick or even if pick both sides it does the same thing

Best answers
TRSS said:
how do i make it so its not mirrored anymore because not not wich side i pick or even if pick both sides it does the same thing
Oh. Well then I don't know... I'm new to max. I still think teh fingers should be longer though.

Best answers
can somebody tell how to unmirror it so that i can skin it

edit: also i looking but i cant find a good head tut can sumbody help
and if its not to much a skinmap ( UVW mapping) tut would help to

Best answers
ok here we go i finished the head now im gonna move on to skinning any crits

Best answers
sorry i thought i said it before its my custom character the real super saiyan ill scan i picture of him as soon as i can get my scanner working
also can somebody help me find a good skinnmapping (uvwwrap) tutorial

DMW

Best answers
Pretty nice,your getting good fast.You must be working hard.

Best answers
tnx and yea i am but im not nearly done yet i just got the modling out of the way kind i still need to do some rfining

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why but I thought it was trunks :p well the head still looks like trunks from the side view...
1 crit- if you're gonna skin this you don't have to make the ear like this. You can cut some polys and it will look the same (usually people don't look at models close enough to notice).

Best answers
im still looking for a skinning tutorial but i cant really find one thats helping me out so help would be greatly appreciated

edit: also can you have color on it without first skinning it because ive seen some unfinished models on these forums that have some color like on the vegitto wip

Best answers
my wip

or heres a bunch of renders keep in mind tho that this is still a wip ( im not entirely sure what that is but i think i used it right) also i made the torso more defined take a look and tell me what you think

And before anybody asks those little gold things everwhere are buckles
dont wory they'll look cool when i skin it

Best answers
Hey that's pretty good man. I like how the face looks from the side. But the front doesn't look totally right.
The ears bug me too i don't think you should be using smoothing groups on them.

Oh and why are you modelling your own character anyway? Does it have any purpous?
And do you have some sketches of him so we can crit better?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He does not look like he is standing straight. Also his arm muscles and mouth need a little work. Gj, man!

Best answers
Looking pretty good man, very nice for a first model I must say. Keep going with it, get some more crits from experienced modelers to help you and I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Also this kinda bothered me....

The_Real_Legend said:
Oh and why are you modelling your own character anyway? Does it have any purpous?
Modeling your own character off of your own design is allways better than modeling from some pre made thing. It uses more creativity and you have more room to play around with the final look and design of the character. I have more respect for people who model from something they made up than people who model stuff thats already been around from a television show etc. Also, seeing as he is a member here, and his character is dragonball themed, he will most likely want to put it into ESF, so theres its purpose, but I don't see why he needs a purpose, he could just be doing it to learn and have fun.

Best answers
The_Real_Legend said:
And do you have some sketches of him so we can crit better?
im modling him because i always wanted to see what he would look like in 3d or in color for that matter and i thought it would be fun play with him in a game
and i do have sketches but i cant get my scanner to work but ill get the up as soon as possible

and thanks kira thats exactly right but im probably gonna wanna put in in zeq2 also i might even put it out for download (although i maight wanna get a copywrite on it first) lol but anyway next im either gonna make an alternate costume for him( he has plenty including old style saiyan aromr w. shoulder pads no leg pads, and a goku type costume but of course with the belt boots and wrist bands above, and also the saiyan armor will have its own style of gloves and boot w. buckles different from the ones above though,more like straps, and he has another one that i made up, kind of inspired form other cloths though) either that or goku and i plan on making X (megaman) somewhere along the line

Best answers
defined

heres this for anyone who wanted to see the torso up closer and also i made the shoulders and forearms a little more defined

i already added the crease thingy in the back of the pants so dont worry

DMW

Best answers
Looking good,but uhh when you skin him is he torso gonna be all black(just wondering).Great job with the hair,he turned out great.

Best answers
its looks nice n all but can you show me wire shots from max, and in the front view make his space between the wrist and fingers longer. Look at ur own hand, ur fingers dont sprout an inch away from ur wrist :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom