my first model

Best answers
im sure he was just joking, but anyway can we get back to me please, and if you still wanna know my poly count is 2200, thats low poly right?...... of course it is

edit: oh and i cant find "print screen" to take a screen shot

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a button on your keyboard, its next to scroll lock, and F12

Best answers
oh! lol i really should be embarrased!anyway here ya go

DMW

Best answers
The front reminds me of goku,and the side reminds me of teen gohan sjj.But anyway looks ok.Thats really not bad for a first model(you dont wanna see my first atempt).

Best answers
Thats your first model!!
Its cool!

And like DMW said, it does look like goku from the front and teen gohan from the side!
lol

Best answers
Well I think it looks good for a first model. Altough I do think you practiced your talents and this is a first attempt at an actual model. The only problems I have with it are, the nose, mouth, ears, shoulders, and the back of the hands, in my opinion have way to much polygons. I think you could probaly cut off a good portion of your poly count just deleting rows of polys, snapping the vertices from above that row and below together, then put the vertices where you want, and finally repeating that step a few times. (This of course is only needed if it is for ESF)

Best answers
hey can somebody get me a good checkerboard pattern i looked on google but i cant find one and i hear its usefull for skinning

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you REALLY need to read your max instruction manual dude. its a standard material within max.

like i said, read the manual.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could easily just add a checker pattern in the diffuse map, and maybe change the tiling if nessasary

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
you REALLY need to read your max instruction manual dude. its a standard material within max.

like i said, read the manual.
ive seen that one but isnt it better if it has smaller squares?

and the manual was kinda............. misplaced........

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
ive seen that one but isnt it better if it has smaller squares?
thats why you play around with the tiling settings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wth this is his first model? it cant be, no1 can do it so good for the first time

Best answers
Shady come on now if this wasnt my first model do you really think id be asking so many questions........ but i swear this is my first model.

p.s tiling settings? i didnt see that before i guess i can try that

Best answers
If this is your first model, then I think you could possibly become one of the best modelers on the forum.

Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
If this is your first model, then I think you could possibly become one of the best modelers on the forum.
Wow thats actually really inspiring thanks, but n e way im still havin trouble tryin to find out how to skin adn someguy if you gonna show me then pm me please

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh i believe you however i also believe u used scraps of tutorials to make this...am i right?
those arms for example look similar to the results i had from Lee's great tut

Best answers
ShadyD said:
meh i believe you however i also believe u used scraps of tutorials to make this...am i right?
those arms for example look similar to the results i had from Lee's great tut
Who is lee? the only tutorial i used was gir's front torso and arm tut i kinda used a head and hand tut but it was confusing so i just ignored it.
even after i used gir's tut i changed everything

edit: but the back,wrists,waist, legs, head,hair,feet, and most of the face was all freestyle

edit 2: oh and neo saiyan actually this is my first attempt at any kind of model before i made this i had never used max or any other modling program before
oh wait last year(9th grade) i used a modling program to make a table thingy but that was just a bunch of squares put together but that wasnt on max

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
To be blunt, it's not even good. I am not suprised this is his first model, there is alot out of place and alot that needs to be fixed. The face is terribly layed out, the arms are way out of proportion and the back is jagged. I mean, much better than my first model, but you still need to learn some...

Best answers
i know im actualling using this model for just that ( learning ). but im confident that my next model will be much better but im also going to use this model to teach me how to skin. who knows after i get better i might even make a new version of it

Best answers
Hey TRSS! Check the Signature :p It is looking pretty good. Growler the back may be armored. I don't think he would make it look like that on purpose.The only thing wrong may be the face size. IMO I think it looks good still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom