my first model

Best answers
Looks good. Thats a GOOD idea to make your own char from ur mind, it would be good to make some new saiyans or humans, or whatever...

Now im on learning how to make models. :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the neck is too long, and too wide, you need to remake most of the arms. the bicep/shoulder connection looks insanely sloppy. the biceps themself have a very bad shape. the forarm is un-naturally large, and the hands are too small.

the ear should be redone. but this time, look at some real ears and see how they are built. either that or just model a flat ear, and texture on the detail, that would work better.

why does he look like hes trying to eat his own neck? bring his head up a bit, give him a jawline.

if your going to do someone origional, do someone completely origional, and not "themed" on anything. atm your character looks like a failed goku with a few more spikes to his hair.

Best answers
well keep in mind this is my first model and im am still VERY unexperienced and have tons of room for improvement

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya thats why he gave you those tips.. use em..
neways, Polycount?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
read the manual that came with your copy of 3dsmax

if anyone tells him how, ill be annoyed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its good for a fiirst, a lot better then some of the other people on this boards first.

I just dont like the forearm, its too thick

Gir, be nice..

You made a load of threads asking for help when u started o_O
(nothing against anyone, just saying, dont be so mean to learners)

I dont use 3dsm max so I cant help u, but maybe its on the top under help?

Best answers
my bad

ok i havent worked on this in like two weeks but i just did pretty much everything everbody told me to do..... i think

right

left

front

back

anyway heres what i did(pretty much):
1. Made the forearms smaller
2. made thae arms shaped alittle better
3. made it so hes not eating himself as gir so kindly put
4. i made the hair a little longer you can kinda tell from the side view

edit: 5. oh and i made the lips a little bigger and the bangs a little thicker, also a few other subtle tweaks to the hair

And i really am going to start skinning now

Best answers
hey can somebody help i can only put one part of my model in th eskinmap screen at a time, for example if i unwrap the body i can see it in the map but then i go unwrap my arm and thats the only thing in the map, and if you dont remember im using max 7

Edit: oh and tell me if you have any feed back on the changes

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is your last casual warning. never double post again. ever.

and you need the arm to be part of the same mesh as the torso to see it on the same map.

Best answers
I think that you should fix the head before you skin it. imo the head looks like his jaw goes over to one side and it looks too skinny. Thats pretty good for a first try.

Best answers
Kasey said:
I think that you should fix the head before you skin it. imo the head looks like his jaw goes over to one side and it looks too skinny. Thats pretty good for a first try.
that confuses me can you tell em what you mean a little more
edit: hey gir what are you talking about i only have one mesh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
the neck is too long, and too wide, you need to remake most of the arms. the bicep/shoulder connection looks insanely sloppy. the biceps themself have a very bad shape. the forarm is un-naturally large, and the hands are too small.

the ear should be redone. but this time, look at some real ears and see how they are built. either that or just model a flat ear, and texture on the detail, that would work better.

why does he look like hes trying to eat his own neck? bring his head up a bit, give him a jawline.

if your going to do someone origional, do someone completely origional, and not "themed" on anything. atm your character looks like a failed goku with a few more spikes to his hair.
Or he could just drool... I mean, look at my ear :)

Best answers
yo guys this model is badass for a first one.. and plus Mad_AxMan has no skill hes jus some wanna be modeler like TRSS.. haha i think Mad_AxMan is a ***.. good luck TRSS
and ill tell you how to skin if you want me to..
shut up Mad_AxMan cause you need skill to talk.. lol.. peace

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Max_Axman is one of the best modellers on these forums. While he may not post much of his work, he has more skill than TRSS (nothing against you, just saying the facts).

Can you post some wires with flatshade? I want to see the polyflow. Thats amazing for a first model though, nice job.

Best answers
someguy89 said:
yo guys this model is badass for a first one.. and plus Mad_AxMan has no skill hes jus some wanna be modeler like TRSS.. haha i think Mad_AxMan is a ***.. good luck TRSS
ARE YOU SERIOUS! THAT WOULD BE GREAT THATS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED! THANKS! do you want me to pm you or do you wanna pm me
edit: oh and bapplebo i dnot know how to take any sreens besides renders

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm. well you can right click on the title of the viewport (left, top, perspective etc), change it to Edged Faces, then press Print Screen, paste it in Paint.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
someguy89 said:

nice. that one is free. next time you get a warning.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a realy nice model for a first one o.o

p.s. this thread is realy out of control!!!
I think some one will loose their job here >,>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
someguy89 said:
Spoken like a true person who doesn't know what he's talking about. If you'd even see one of Axman's models you'd be fully aware that he knows what he's talking about, and even if he didn't; that flame was unprovoked. I don't care if you got a friendly warning before, have an official one now :warning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom