My first ESF type model

Best answers
Well, keep in mind I don't do low poly work. In fact, I've only ever made four complete low poly models, most of whic were over a year ago. So, here's my latest attempt, it's Bojack movie Trunks.
The jacket isn't there because I have yet to finish optimising the polygons on it. As soon as I do, it'll join him. THe notion was that I could have the jacket get burned off during a powerup sequence.

P.S. Though I can UV map the guy just fine, I'm not very good with drawing textures, so he's not textured yet.
http://www.geocities.com/cosmic_trunks/TrunksModel.jpg
I'll post a wire if anyone wants one, but it'll take a bit.
p.s. It's about 1900 polies.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
looks a bit too bulky to be trunks. you also may wanna try shrinking the shoulders :)

Best answers
.... >_<
*starts cursing insessantly* I can't believe I forgot to spread the arms out. lol. Ah well, it's not like I can't do that now.
But yeah, my plan was to spread the arms out, and shrink down the shoulders, but I forgot about it one day.

Thanks for reminding me. I won't shrink it much though, this IS Bojack Trunks we're talking about, he's beefy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...Its a little beafy... and could use some work. The hands look really odd
and fat. The lower body seems a bit bigger then the upper body, and that
makes it look a little off balance. Are there any smoothing groups applied to
this model? If not, you sure could use some. All in all it's pretty nice, but it's
what I like to call a fixer upper. Could we see some flats? And If you want
some drawovers I suggest posting A direct front view.

Best answers
I don't really want drawovers, I can understand people pretty well just by what they say.
As for the smoothing groups, nah, haven't messed with them yet. That sort of applies to the whole lack of texturing thing I got going on. Right now I'm working strictly on the model, I'll worry about smoothing groups after I get that perfected. That and I always hated that about max and the max-wannabes. Lightwave's smoothing method is so much better. But alas, I supposse I'll have to learn eventually anyways.
I'll post front, side, and back pics, flatshaded after I rework the arms.
My second model is definately much nicer, but still incomplete, so I'll post it when I get around to finishing it. It's got about an hour's worth of work in it (head, hands, and feet) left.

Best answers
just in curousity, what model did you use to model this?milkshape or lightwave..

ontopic: yes you should definetely post some wireframe overlays, that would help much more

Best answers
I used lightwave.
Now, I have a new version of lightwave, which will allow for much easier, better modelling due to a few tools.
I've fixed the arms, but my current comp can't connect to the net, so it'll be a while before I get pics up.
He's got a jacket too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
apart from the hands i would say this model is pritty danm sweet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom