My Dragonball Z art (photoshop art)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, it's good, but I don't like how big it is. When you're doing a pic, the bigger, the easier. Make a pic that has more outline in it then I'll be impressed ^^

Best answers
Okay well normally I'd like these two pics but, in this case its hard to tell if these are original. I've seen a lot of goku and gohan pics that look like the ones you have here. Artistically, they are both crisp and clean, anitomically goku's trapezius muscles are to small or maybe his sternomastoid muscles are throwing me off.

Best answers
lol, i did em, thats one of the reasons why there so crisp and clean. I can understand what ur thinkin, my friends thouhgt i was lying till i showed them my psd file with all the layers. Those of u that are experienced with pshop know what i mean :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no offense but i can clearly tell this is ur work on photoshop, not the original, it isnt quite like the original (even though i havent got a pic to compare right now) because the original is an animation cell, not done in photoshop, most likely done in acrylic. This is good, just the left eye isnt quite right and there's a few little off-lines on the neck and the ears, nice work though, but i suggest to any1, to not copy dbz pictures, its not the best way to learn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it looks really nice, the gohan just blew me away, keep up the good work.

Best answers
Just because you have the layers in PS doesn't mean the work is entirely original. One of the problems with photoshop in this digital desktop world is that it makes things all too easy to copy. I suppose there's nothing really wrong with that as a beginning. Just give credit where credit is due. Listen to david too, he's absolutely right. You will not learn anything by copying other people's work, you can use it as a basis, but break your own ground.

Best answers
o_O the goku seems to original to me i mean the detail is good but i have seen that image before.
try to free your self from copy and be creative make some thing no one has ever seen before.:D
The gohan is nice and you should turn the hand cannon into a cs gun replacment for like the p90 :yes:
all and all keep up the good work

Best answers
well i made a picture too... but i didn't know that putting in the original picture on a layer behind and then paint it over and draw it more sharp and stuff wasn't to ref :) lol so i got all flamed :D haha funny stuff ;) but are u sure u didn't put the original picture on a layer??? cus i think i have seen that picture MANY times before... and ofcause thats no "bad" thing cus i did it myself... but now i know that if u wanna make a picture that is completly ur own (without getting flamed), dont use a ref at all :D lol

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im asumming he used the pen tool, its easy but it takes ages

Best answers
del3030 said:
looks good, how do you get such smooth lines?
you can make nice smooth lines using macromedia flash. and its a peice of cake as well. flash is really good for vector graphics, then you can just import those lines into photoshop by just copy and pasting.

Best answers
Bleh, I hate Flash for Vector graphics. Illustrator or CorelDRAW are a lot more flexible. If you are attached to the Macromedia line of programs, Freehand gets the job done much better than Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom