Mushroom cloud effect and impact cloud effect?

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How about when you get hit by bigger attacks like Big Bang, Kameha, Mouth Blast... it makes cloud and explosion effect around person who is being hit.

Kinda Like this:

I was also thinking when you use bigger attacks on the ground it whould make a Mushroom dust effect.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a feeling this would cause Way to much lag unless the team find away to use the new Particle System

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How about when you get hit by bigger attacks like Big Bang, Kameha, Mouth Blast... it makes cloud and explosion effect around person who is being hit.

Kinda Like this:
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/0/0c/VegetaMajinWMATnv.png

I was also thinking when you use bigger attacks on the ground it whould make a Mushroom dust effect.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5789/mushroomcloud.jpg
Afaik from the recent screenshots the mod already has both of those types of effects incorporated

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I wonder, do these explosions scale depending on how much ki you dump on charging the attack? Also are Ki blobs still in? Also i love the explosion clouds i've seen in some videos, i like how they linger like they do in the show.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think most people will care how big their explosions are when locked in combat. (unless they give aoe damage)
These are more fluff elements to 'sell' the game to the ECX-OMG-FTW big pack users and machinima fans.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
True i could say the same thing for water spray when you swoop over it. Who will care about it when your locked on a target? None really, this is all an eyecandy. When your SSJ characters blasts kameha near some character on the ground and mushroom cloud starts to form your gonna be like wow thats cool.

Than agean ppl could spam it and you whould get map full of mushroom clouds. Thats why only at lets say SSJ and ceretern ammount of pl you can do that.

Last edited:
1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4lx4L-62I

Ok yeah maybe having giant explosions everywhere isn't a good idea after all lol.
whell thats glitch where explosions go off almost every second. Will that happen ingame with no glitch? maybe if whole server starts spamming beams.
Thats why i was thinking these Mushroom effect could only be done by SSJ and beyond so your avrage joe can't spam it and those pro's that get to SSJ fast usually just melee, rarely they spam beams. The mushroom dust effect dosent need to be oversized.

Also the first picture i was thinking that to be implanted as character explosion, when you get hit by bigger stronger beams those explosions are just a bit bigger than your character.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think really the only reason i'd like to see at least some bigger explosions is because after hitting turbo and fully charging a galick gun, it feels really whimpy to have the same sized explosion. Maybe have it set to where the character's main beam attack has a larger explosion if charged to a certain amount?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't think most people will care how big their explosions are when locked in combat. (unless they give aoe damage)
These are more fluff elements to 'sell' the game to the ECX-OMG-FTW big pack users and machinima fans.
True i could say the same thing for water spray when you swoop over it. Who will care about it when your locked on a target? None really, this is all an eyecandy. When your SSJ characters blasts kameha near some character on the ground and mushroom cloud starts to form your gonna be like wow thats cool.

Than agean ppl could spam it and you whould get map full of mushroom clouds. Thats why only at lets say SSJ and ceretern ammount of pl you can do that.
Am I the only one who can notice the surroundings and enjoy them even when fighting targets?

I dont know if esf:final will be more fast paced than esf 1.2.3, but if the pace is equal to 1.2.3 then I am sure that I will enjoy all the explosions, the water thing and stuff.

If you did play on a server you will see is not easy to spam beams, others will think that you are an easy target(who is not good with melee) and will attack you with a beam or with melee. Heck even I attack guys that are charging a kameha or final flash etc.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am I the only one who can notice the surroundings and enjoy them even when fighting targets?

I dont know if esf:final will be more fast paced than esf 1.2.3, but if the pace is equal to 1.2.3 then I am sure that I will enjoy all the explosions, the water thing and stuff.

If you did play on a server you will see is not easy to spam beams, others will think that you are an easy target(who is not good with melee) and will attack you with a beam or with melee. Heck even I attack guys that are charging a kameha or final flash etc.
Speed comparisons time:
ESF 1.1 = rabbit
ESF 1.2 = snail
ESF Final = sports car

Yes it is faster than 1.1

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Speed comparisons time:
ESF 1.1 = rabbit
ESF 1.2 = snail
ESF Final = sports car

Yes it is faster than 1.1
If there's that much of a gap between 1.2 and 1.1 (well few days ago i found some old posts talking about how much slower is 1.2 from 1.1)
and between 1.1 and 1.3 is an even bigger gap then sh*t got serious

so excited now

damn Grega you will give!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there's that much of a gap between 1.2 and 1.1 (well few days ago i found some old posts talking about how much slower is 1.2 from 1.1)
and between 1.1 and 1.3 is an even bigger gap then sh*t got serious

so excited now

damn Grega you will give!
Its not the speed gape between 1.1 and the final that causes that comparison. The thing is in 1.1 you had forward swoop only with 1 constant speed, no side swoop and you could only swoop if you were locked on. Now move the 1.2.3 swoop system back to 1.1 speeds, then add a speed boost for turbo and an even bigger speed boost for charged turbo and you start seeing the chaos rising.

The fact that you can chainswoop with 1.1 speeds alone makes the final like a racing horse. Adding speed boosts on top makes it faster.

Take 1.2.3, transformed Krillin and imagine that you have that speed with Gokus base form.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well we are talking about bigger maps in final so of course there will be higher speeds

You have seen those high speeds right? So what do you think, is it possible to keep fighting while enjoying the environment?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tough to say untill we start stress testing. Thats when we simulate inserver activity. Testing otherwhise is quite a lot slower compared to server games.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well we are talking about bigger maps in final so of course there will be higher speeds

You have seen those high speeds right? So what do you think, is it possible to keep fighting while enjoying the environment?
I doubt you'll enjoy the environment in ESF, unless you roleplay.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You will definitely be able to enjoy the environments, They are huge and elaborate, so you could sly off into the distance away from the battle and actually look at your battle ground. But just be ready for anyone or anything coming to get you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom